Chili Peppers "Stadium Arcadium" 4-LP 180 gram vinyl set being manufactured now!

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Steve Hoffman, Oct 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pinknik

Pinknik Senior Member

RTI's 180g LP's are just so freakin' nice. That's how records oughta be made, if you ask me. No one ever asks me.

2. Jamie Tate

Jamie Tate New Member

I care. :)

How should do you thing they be made? :)

3. Pinknik

Pinknik Senior Member

Jamie, I was actually able to interpret what it was that you just said, and I think they should be made like RTI makes 'em. :D

4. Dave D

Dave D Done!

You've been listening to Bigfoot on Stern too much!

"They're pressed at RTI, they is!":D

5. Baba O'Riley

Baba O'Riley New Member

yes

6. Ski Bum

Ski Bum Happy Audiophile

Of course not. Please feel free to purchase a turntable whenever you would like.;)

7. Matti Saari

Matti Saari Senior Finn

I just placed my pre-order. :)

8. Driver 8

Driver 8 Senior Member

Now you know how vinyl aficionados felt about just about every new release during the darkest days of the 90s. :p

I am lukewarm at best towards the Chili Peppers, but I am going to make a point to buy the cheaper edition of this just to show support for Steve and vinyl. If Steve really has mastered Highway Companion on vinyl, I will be very excited to buy that as well.

9. Jamie Tate

Jamie Tate New Member

Me no think I's talked funny like. :D

Sorry, about the funny words sentences I structured. I was trying to type, eat an apple and define pi all at once.

10. MikeT

MikeT Prior Forum Cretin and Current Impatient Creep

I guess I am going to go with the 180g package. It might be the same master and the same place pressing them - but you only live once, right. :)

11. Mellenhead

Mellenhead Active Member

So is the 150gm version going to still be on Red vinyl or is it now only going to be on Black Vinyl? I've read different things and I want to know before I decide which one to pre-order. 180 sounds great but $40 is much more reasonable for me.

12. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host Thread Starter

13. Tubeman

Tubeman New Member In Memoriam

That's funny.

14. 51nocaster

51nocaster Senior Member

Excuse me if this has been answered before, but is this truly all analog--recording, mixing and obviously pressing? If it isn't, I won't be deterred, as Morph the Cat (not all analog), is one of the best sounding records in my collection. Nonetheless, I'm still curious.

15. Pinknik

Pinknik Senior Member

Based on what I've read, it is all analog from one end to the other. Sweeet.

16. Jamie Tate

Jamie Tate New Member

It's all about the person behind the console, not the format.

17. Pinknik

Pinknik Senior Member

Granted, but if I had my druthers. The digital technology is improving all the time, however. In the early days of digital, a DDD was very easy to pick out, and they mostly sucked, making me wish the same album had been recorded by the same people in analog. The Morph the Cat LP sounds freakin sweet, so I see no need to complain there.

18. 51nocaster

51nocaster Senior Member

Jamie: I definitely respect your opinion, and I'm not trying to start a format debate, but I just can't agree with that statement. While Steve can clearly work his magic on both cds and vinyl, vinyl sounds better on my system nine times out of ten.:)

19. Mellenhead

Mellenhead Active Member

Thanks Steve.

20. The latest Elusive Disc e-mail has a photo of the LP packaging. Sorry, I can't seem to figure out how to attach images, but suffice to say it looks sweet.

Ahhh, I pine for the days when an LP's packaging was as much fun to look at as the music was to listen too. 4" square booklets just don't cut it, do they?

Brian

21. CardinalFang

CardinalFang New Member

22. Jamie Tate

Jamie Tate New Member

Of course. You have a very nice turntable. I would expect it to sound amazing.

23. Baz P

Baz P Active Member

24. Stan94

Stan94 Senior Member

Sorry for asking, but what's the fundamental difference between 150G and 180G vinyl (please don't answer 30G;) )? Is there that much of an impact on sound or something else? I thought vinyl quality was what mattered the most.

25. whiskerbiscuit

whiskerbiscuit Forum Resident

I pre-ordered the 180 gram set from Acoustic Sounds yesterday. I was going to get both versions, but since the 150 gram vinyl is black instead of chili pepper red as originally announced, I'll have to make do with the deluxe set.:righton:

Anyone else pre-order yet? I'm kinda anxious to get this!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.