Chili Peppers "Stadium Arcadium" 4-LP 180 gram vinyl set being manufactured now!

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Steve Hoffman, Oct 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CardinalFang

CardinalFang New Member

I had a feeling Steve was up to something when I read some of the RMAF reviews... I searched the forum and couldn't find any info on Petty. Now I know why! :)

2. Maybe old news, but it is up for pre-order in the new Elusive Disc e-mail I got today; $39.99 and $99.99 respectively. They list ship date as 12/5.

Brian

3. Pinknik

Pinknik Senior Member

Well, it was new to me, but you beat me to it. Now, which to buy?

4. 51nocaster

51nocaster Senior Member

I'm glad that there is a regular-weight $40 option. As much as I'd like to have a rock record mastered by Steve, I can't fathom paying $100 for this one.

5. Jamie Tate

Jamie Tate New Member

So one set is 150g and the expensive set is 180g? Both are four sides though, right?

6. 51nocaster

51nocaster Senior Member

Both are 4 LP, or EIGHT sides. One is regular weight, one is 180 gm., according to the Music Direct e-mail I received today.

7. MikeT

MikeT Prior Forum Cretin and Current Impatient Creep

The main question is....... The blurbs for the 180G set all state that the discs were pressed and plated at RTI. The 140G (or is it 150G) blurb doesn't indicate where the discs were pressed and plated.

Were both versions pressed at RTI?

How come the 180G version lists Steve and Kevin as the mastering engineers, and the 140G makes it seem like it wasn't mastered by Steve and Kevin?

$100.00 is a lot for this album. I really hope the 180G version is that much more special than the regular weight version?

Now I have to decide which to pre-order?????

8. rat1073

rat1073 Active Member

I locked in a pre-order from my local indie shop for the big set. Pricey, yes, but I think it's important to show support to a project of this magnatude, hopefully encouraging more of this type of release, particularly from a major.

9. Pinknik

Pinknik Senior Member

While I like to encourage more vinyl, I'm not sure if I like encouraging outrageous prices for new music. If it's all in the mastering, then it's all on the $40 set, and that could have been 180g, if you ask me. No one ever asks me. :)

P.S. That said, I would kinda like that big box. Perhaps a Christmas gift. Hmmmm. . .

10. Dave D

Dave D Done!

Yeah, I don't see that for the 150 gram and it worries me. Steve or someone, can we confirm that the 150 is a Steve and Kevin master job? Otherwise I'll save my money.

11. OcdMan

OcdMan Senior Member

I'd like to know as well. It would be a real shame if someone has done the ol' switcheroo for the cheaper set.

12. Dave D

Dave D Done!

Bump....Steve....help us. I wanna order it!

13. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host Thread Starter

What is the question?

14. Dave D

Dave D Done!

Only the 180 G is described as mastered by you and Kevin. Is the 150G yours as well?

15. Steve Hoffman

16. Jamie Tate

Jamie Tate New Member

Are both weights pressed at RTI?

17. Steve Hoffman

Yes.

18. Jamie Tate

Jamie Tate New Member

Cool!

Thanks Steve.

19. Dave D

Dave D Done!

Thanks! Ordering!

20. What about those of us who are not set up with a turntable? Are we left in the cold?

21. Dave D

Dave D Done!

Just the way it goes. Same with the new Donald Fagen, maybe the new Tom Petty. LP's by SH, not the CD's.

22. Two words:

<cough> Needle Drop <cough>

:)

Brian

23. CardinalFang

CardinalFang New Member

One word

<cough>Turntable<cough>

:D

Dorian75 likes this.
  24. Isn't a regular weight album in the 120 to 130 gram range? Thought 150 was considered mid-fi.

25. Jamie Tate

Jamie Tate New Member

As long as it's on good vinyl I don't really care. I ordered the 180 gram a few pages a go when I thought it was the only one pressed at RTI.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.