Chili Peppers "Stadium Arcadium" 4-LP 180 gram vinyl set being manufactured now!

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Steve Hoffman, Oct 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gary

Gary Nauga Gort! Staff

Yea, that's what happens when you pre-order from a small, indie record store. Well, I traded in a bunch of used remasters so I got it for less than $40.00 - so it's not too, too bad. :)

It's a lot cheaper than $100.00 - or are you talking about the deluxe edition?

2. That's pretty good. Don't feel so bad now. Hopefully the traded discs were poor remasters a la J. Astley and P. Mew.

I'm on Side 8 now, of the needle drop.

What's with the matrix numbers? A couple of sides have scratched out stuff and others had XXXXXXX over some letters and numbers. :confused:

3. Gary

Gary Nauga Gort! Staff

All of them were poor remasters. Trust me. :) I can't believe I'm still finding them in my collection. The next ones will include the Who's Next remaster.

I've not even looked at the matrix numbers.... :hide:

4. Dave D

Dave D Done!

Under $40US for 150 G edition.

5. Starwanderer

Starwanderer Senior Member

My 150 gram edition has finally arrived. It sounds wonderful! :righton:

6. Mike in Houston

Mike in Houston Formerly 118mw123

Oh I was looking at the deluxe edition. 40.00 is more affordable, but is there much of a sound difference? I know everyone is saying that the 150 gram sounds good, but what's the diference in sound quality?

7. MRT

MRT Forum Resident

i havent bought a Chili Pepers album in awhile. im interested in this vinyl version though. ill have to check out some local stores (Newbury Comics has LP's huh? ill have to drop by. a new one opened up near me.)

this is a good question. the 150/180g versions would be much sturdier, but im not sure how much the sound quality would actually differ.

wonder if theres a topic around here on this question? (ill try to search it.)

*edit, i found this topic about the subject of vinyl weight: http://www.stevehoffman.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=53729&highlight=weight+differences

8. johnny 99

johnny 99 Down On Main Street

I would love to hear the job the guys did on the vinyl! My fave rock disc of 2006 by far! A brilliant rock record for our times! Enjoy, you lucky devil!!!:wave:

9. Starwanderer

Starwanderer Senior Member

:winkgrin:

10. Macman

Macman Senior Member

I just picked up a sealed copy of the 150-gram version at a flea market. I've only listened to one LP so far but I had to add my voice to the praise for both the work of the Peppers and Steve and Kevin. It's superb. Thanks guys.

11. JJ75

JJ75 Forum Resident

My Deluxe box turned up last week, after over a months wait from Amazon UK (it took 'em a while to find a copy).

I'll just add my thanks to Steve, Kevin and the Chillis, you did a wonderful job.

The sound far, far exceeds the cd imo, you can turn it right up and you don't get the harsh congested noise you get with the cd, it just sounds very natural and musical.

Well done the Chillis too, a big album like this could be full of filler, but not in this case, I'd stick my neck out and say its one of the best they've ever released.

Now when are we gonna see a Steve/Kevin mastered Californication?.......

JJ

12. OE3

OE3 Senior Member

Steve, i finally bought the 150g edition tonight. i couldn't tell you which is the better of your recent projects, Blue or this RHCP masterpiece. they're both incredible, but tonight i nod toward Stadium Arcadium. simply amazing! kudos and thanks.

PS. the vinyl is not the quietest, but all four disks are flat as pancakes and blemish-free.

13. Sound Dust

Sound Dust New Member

Just a quick and late post, after thinking my local record shop in Brisbane Australia would never get Stadium Arcadium it just appeared out of nowhere so I had to snap it up!

In short I'm just gobsmacked, vinyl is super quiet and I just can get over the quality of the mix. I can't remember drums, bass and guitar sounding so natural & organic - just amazing. Not being a huge fan of RHCP it surprised and struck me how good RHCP are as musicians and how fantastic they sound as a band when the mix is not being rammed down your neck.

Congrats Steve superb job.

Cheers

John

14. Sound Dust

Sound Dust New Member

ps bought the 150gram version. Not cheap but great packaging, quiet vinyl and good value for money I think.

15. James Glennon

James Glennon Senior Member

How much?
    I bought it for $36 which is $9 per LP, doesn't get cheaper than that!

Enjoy!

JG

16. Sound Dust

Sound Dust New Member

150gram set is $65 Australian dollars. Actually when you think about it not bad for 4 slabs if vinyl in lovely packaging. In comparison you can buy the CD for $17, ouch, but its still worth it. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.