Chili Peppers approve vinyl TP's. Red vinyl OK'd and "Stadium Arcadium" good to go

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Steve Hoffman, May 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gary

Gary Nauga Gort! Staff

As I understand it, the stores can only release the LP (or CD) on the official release date.

But if they do a "pre-order", they have a potential sale so they have 1) a better idea on how many to order and 2) a good chance that a sale is "locked up". Or almost locked up. :)

2. DustinTaj

DustinTaj Forum Resident

Has anyone heard of an official release date yet?

3. Ski Bum

Ski Bum Happy Audiophile

Both Music Direct and Acoustic Sounds no longer have Stadium Arcadium vinyl in their listings. Did I miss something?

4. mikedean

mikedean New Member

Re: Chili Peppers approve vinyl TP's. Red vinyl OK'd and "Stadium Arcadium" good to

I have pre-ordered it from my local record store who said it has been delayed, mabye as late as November. HMV claim to have it however if you order it they say it currently isn't in stock but will post it when they get it.

My thoughts are they are going to release it at the same time, or around the time of the next RHCP single to generate more publicity and more sales.

Not sure when the next single is being released but the track is Snow.

5. mikedean

mikedean New Member

Re: Chili Peppers approve vinyl TP's. Red vinyl OK'd and "Stadium Arcadium" good to

Some more news on the vinyl, the delays could be to do with the coloured vinyls. A mod on the official board posted this message she got from the record company (I'm assuming it's Warner):

"Unfortunately our vinyl vendor lost their color vinyl vendor (went out of biz). They are working on a new vendor, but as of yet haven't secured. So it's black vinyl for both configs."

So it seems they havn't been able to press the coloured versions which is proabably why both have been delayed.

6. DustinTaj

DustinTaj Forum Resident

Maybe I missed it, maybe it's public knowledge, but does anyone know when this vinyl will be released (or if it is already)?

Thanks

7. fitzrik

fitzrik Forum Resident

Not yet. Sometime in November is last I heard and there'll be no red ones :(

8. Dave D

Dave D Done!

If 2LP 180G WEA sets are $35, then I can't see a 4LP set being so crazy expensive. I'm hoping for $59US for the 150G.

9. Dave D

Dave D Done!

10. Gary

Gary Nauga Gort! Staff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.