Chili Peppers approve vinyl TP's. Red vinyl OK'd and "Stadium Arcadium" good to go

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Steve Hoffman, May 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CardinalFang

CardinalFang New Member

A better comparison would be to the Donald Fagen 2 LP set. I've seen that for $35-$40, so I would assume the RHCP will be twice that (although the 180g version will have a deluxe package, so maybe more).

2. John

John Senior Member

Hello Shows On- The Acoustic Sounds website is crediting Stan Ricker with the BIA vinyl mastering.

3. Chili

Chili New Member

For those of you into RHCP....there are sealed 1991 UK 180g LPs of Blood Sugar Sex Magic that sound incredible. Very smooth and liquid sounding, available at various stores online. Just got a copy myself and its just like falling in love with the album all over again.

4. Just got some updated news from someone who works for the RHCP fan club. They are expecting S.A. on vinyl to be released around late July.

The store on the official RHCP page will be selling copies.

5. -Ben

-Ben Senior Member

See the new Acoustic Sounds catalog page 199.

Brothers in Arms (now a 2LP set), Shangri-La, All The Roadrunning, and American Idiot (The Green Day LP is already out) are being released by Warner Brothers (180 gram) pressed at RTI newly re-mastered by Stan "the man" Ricker.

6. Chili

Chili New Member

I was hoping for sooner than that.... How in the heck does the RHCP website know when its going to be released though? We need more record pressing plants.

7. CardinalFang

CardinalFang New Member

Patience! :) Be glad their not rushing it and messing it up in the process. Quality can take time. :agree:

8. Dave D

Dave D Done!

I think I'll take the word of the guy who's mastering the thing over the fan club.

9. nickbloop

nickbloop Forum Resident

Relax, Chili. Late July is a very realistic scenario. Test approval doesn't necessarily equate
    to being ready for production. Some or all of the collateral material(boxes, jackets, labels,
    booklets, inserts, stickers, etc.) may not be ready. The audio tests may have been expidited
    because the band was leaving for Eurpoe. I know RTI doesn't press until all the goods are
    in house. After RTI is finished the product has to be shipped to distribution and shipped
    again to retail. That being said, maybe late July is too soon.

10. The fan club received that information from Warner Bros... I'm sorry for passing it along.

11. Dave D

Dave D Done!

Forgive me, I didn't mean in that way. I just meant I'll wait till word from SH. Sorry.

12. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host Thread Starter

Don't wait for me, trust the Fan Club! They are directly in the loop.

13. kevin5brown

kevin5brown Analog or bust.

I haven't read all the posts before, but I have listened to the CD, and it's OK, vs Californication which was really badly mastered... :)

But ... Why can't Steve's master be used for a CD release too?

The people who listen to vinyl are the only ones interested in good sound quality?

14. Dave D

Dave D Done!

Gotcha. I PM'd an apology to ShowsOn.

15. Whenever it comes out, is whenever it comes out, for me. I think this one will be worth the wait. :agree:

16. Dave D

Dave D Done!

I went and got a new cartridge in anticipation! :)

17. CardinalFang

CardinalFang New Member

And so does, apparently, correct spelling. :D

18. In anticipation, I just went and bought a turntable (I went with a used Technics 1900). I haven't owned a turntable since the early '90s!!!

I'm excited. :goodie:

19. Chili

Chili New Member

Are we any closer to a release date? How much in advance are release dates announced usually? I dont mean to be impatient....but I love RHCP!

20. Gary

Gary Nauga Gort! Staff

Sure we're closer. By about 13 days.... :D

My local record store guessed "September" but they have nothing to base that guess on.

Patience...........

21. dogpile

dogpile Generation X record spinner.

Gary, please tell me your vinyl source! I would like to be there with you when it first comes available. I've been asking around Toronto with no luck.

22. I'm interested too. I'll be buying probably from a U.S. online store though. The regular 150 gram version will probably make it to Australia at good music stores. But I doubt the 180 gram will be imported here.

23. Dave D

Dave D Done!

Dogpile, we'll be better off buying from the US online. It will no doubt be a lot cheaper.

24. dogpile

dogpile Generation X record spinner.

With the shipping costs and duty charges I doubt that we'll save a whole lot. If I can get it in my hands faster I'll pay the extra $20. I suspect that the 180g version will be around $70 - $80 USD.....anyone??

25. mfp

mfp Senior Member

Congratulations!
    :thumbsup:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.