Chili Peppers approve vinyl TP's. Red vinyl OK'd and "Stadium Arcadium" good to go

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Steve Hoffman, May 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CardinalFang

CardinalFang New Member

:thumbsup: Steve, congratulations... pass it on to Kevin too. :)

2. Congratulations Steve, and please tell Kevin too!!!!!

You can count me in on both the Black 180 gram, and the Red vinyl. I was always a sucker for coloured vinyl.

3. I'm doing my best to convince fans in the RHCP forums to buy at least the regular 150 gram copy, even if they don't own a turntable. :D

4. t3hSheepdog

t3hSheepdog Forum Artist

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
    hope I can afford it

5. Joe Nino-Hernes

Joe Nino-Hernes Active Member

I can't wait to hear this one! I love RHCP, but their recent releases have sounded like crap! I am so happy that someone decided to do it right this time!

6. Tell me about it... :(
    Has anyone figured out which planets aligned in which particular configuration to make this vinyl version a reality?

7. Beatle Terr

Beatle Terr Super Senior SH Forum Member Musician & Guitarist

At this time, this is my son's favorite album on CD, so I have heard much of this music as we've travel to the hospital back and fourth in his car to visit my Mom who is very ill at this time. So it sort of gets us in a bit of a better mood while he visits his grandmonther.

I've told him to keep an eye out for this coming out on vinyl, trying to explain how much better it will sound than his CD of it since Steve and Kevin have done their magic with the original tapes for the vinyl. So I even got the kid excited to hear it. I'm sure he'll be wanting a needledrop of it from the vinyl so he can blast with his car system that cost him 5 G's!!

Oh man do The Beatles sound awesome in that car of his. :righton: :D

8. That's great that he is now excited about the vinyl. The more people that are aware about this release the better. RHCP fans have been dealt bad CDs for the last 3 albums (4 including the 'Greatest Hits' compilation), so this is a wonderful opportunity to show Warner Bros. that we really care about good sound quality.

The other thing is, it is actually a reall good double album, I don't think there is a bad song on the disc, so the vinyl will be a great combination of good music, and good sound quality.

9. Dave D

Dave D Done!

Awesome. I just bought a new Shure cartridge, so I can't wait!

10. MikeT

MikeT Prior Forum Cretin and Current Impatient Creep

Looking forward to this - will the 150g and 180g version be released on the same day?

11. Radiotron

Radiotron Tube Designer

This may very well be my first "new" vinyl in 20 years!

12. Dave D

Dave D Done!

Not counting some of the Beatles stuff (Anthology's, BBC) since they're still wrapped....this will be my first NEW vinyl bought AND played since 1985.

13. I'm so happy people are jumping for this release... well so many people in relative terms :D

14. McLover

McLover Senior Member

Hi all,

This may be the vinyl record of the year for most people! Especially since the CD is sonically a dog turd.

15. Yeah, and that is unfortunately... why can't we go back to the days when the average Joe handed over their cash for a regular release and got a technically great piece of work? Is it because customers at the time took for granted what they were getting?

16. JorgeGvb

JorgeGvb Senior Member

Thanks Steve. Any idea when they might be available for purchase?

17. Chili

Chili New Member

Steve, do you have any pictures you could upload from all this? Maybe with John Frusciante? Or any of the process really? It would be very cool thanks!

18. Tape boxes perhaps? :agree:

19. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host Thread Starter

Some video was taken during our remastering but the use of it us up to WB and TRHCP.

20. Gary

Gary Nauga Gort! Staff

Cool! I wonder if they'll use it for their next music video?

21. Squealy

Squealy Forum Hall Of Fame

Did they make Steve master it wearing only a sock?

22. pcain

pcain Forum Resident

I can't wait to hear the red-vinyl release! I can't afford to buy a new turntable and a pre-amp right now. Eventually I'd like to upgrade my turntable (I currently have a Technics SL-Q200 with an ancient Stanton cartridge), but until then should I just replace my cartridge and put my money into buying a decent phono pre-amp?

Any thoughts?

23. LMAO!

On a side note, there is an interview with the band in the current Blender. Chad offers some tips on how to get the sock to stay on. I won't relay that here, but all I can say is "Who knew"?????

Brian

24. Beatle Terr

Beatle Terr Super Senior SH Forum Member Musician & Guitarist

For sure!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :righton: ;)

25. i did not think the cd was sonically awful at all, but certainly there was room for improvement.
    Actually, the cd had some warmth and was not too hashy at the higher volumes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.