Celebrating the 25th anniversary of the CD In Pictures!

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by innercircle, Oct 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. steeler1979

steeler1979 Darren from Nashville

I have this one also and it does have 35DP-14 in the matrix. I found mine in the bins a few weeks ago :)

2. steeler1979

A lot of questions I have had for years are being answered in this thread. Thank goodness for Keith Hirsch! :D

3. Black Elk

Black Elk Music Lover

I think I bought my copy in 1989, and it came with the sticky obi. However, my matrix codes are:

Disc 1: DPA-148 4
    Disc 2: 50DP-134 21A4 +++++

4. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

Thanks. :o

Interesting. That looks like a mismatched set, but CBS could have used the original stamper for a number of years in the case of disc two or might have had earlier pressings in inventory.

I occasionally see a two-disc set pressed by JVC that is mismatched like this. One disc will have the early matrix code style with the small, crude characters, and the other disc will have the later matrix code style with the larger, neat characters along with the "Tetris blocks" in the mirror band.

5. Downsampled

Downsampled Senior Member

I have a J4USA CD of The Romantics In Heat, matrix 35DP-138. Is there a J4J release of that title? I've never seen one.

6. carrolls

carrolls Forum Resident

When CDs first appeared in Ireland in 1984, only the Japanese CBS/Sony versions vere available. They were all marked "Import". It took about another 6 months for other CDs to appear from other manufacturers.
    Heres a pic of my 35DP 14.
    NANDD.jpg

mario villarroel and Dave S like this.
  7. steeler1979

Nice! I about fell out in the floor a few weeks backs when I found a cherry mint Japan for Europe version still with the original smooth top case. Thanks for sharing the pic! :thumbsup:

8. MedozK

MedozK Forum Resident

The only one of these I have found in the bins, still one of my most exciting finds.

[​IMG]

Dave S likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.