CD storage racks?

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Jerry, Jun 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. soundboy

soundboy Senior Member

This is what's being talked about....

[​IMG]

In the photo above, the inserts are positioned all the way to the front of the Billy bookcase. I have since pushed them back two inches from the front.

2. runofthemill

runofthemill Forum Resident

For those with more modest collections, the Leslie Dame units are well made and nice looking. I have this one in Cherry:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. let him run...

let him run... Senior Member

That's what I have, which I haven't found on the ikea website and the reply a bit further back in this thread referred to a different shelf, which I did find.
    So, I'm still trying to find the one you have pictured on the current website.
    Maybe some one could provide a link as I seem to be totally clueless on this one.:confused: Thanks.

4. RoyalScam

RoyalScam Luckless Pedestrian

They don't make or sell the "tic-tac-toe" inserts anymore at Ikea. Only the shelf-like ones I linked to earlier. Incidentally, the shelf-like inserts afford more room for more CDs per shelf, since you don't have pieces of fake wood cutting them off.

5. soundboy

soundboy Senior Member

I think they stopped making the "tic-tac-toe" CD inserts about 2 years ago. You may want to try your local Craigslist page.

6. jh901

jh901 Forum Resident

any major developments in CD storage/display....

i was at IKEA today....thinking about the Billy and some of the shelf inserts (the young lady helping me didn't know what they were for....)....

but then i see this other one back in this thread that is more shallow?! hmmm....

7. soundboy

soundboy Senior Member

The new Ikea Besta CD rack/bookcase.

8. jh901

jh901 Forum Resident

are the "insert shelves" useful for that one also? maybe a few pics.....

9. soundboy

soundboy Senior Member

The new Besta bookshelf isn't offered with insert shelves; it's narrower and not as deep as the "regular" Billy bookshelf.

[​IMG]

10. jh901

jh901 Forum Resident

BUMP

anyone using the Besta? i've seen many Billy's, but i'm liking the Besta....might close the deal tonight, so if anyone has live action photos then that would be nice...

11. coopmv

coopmv Newton 1/30/2001 - 8/31/2011

I prefer this spinning tower that holds 1600 CD's ...

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.