Capitol Beatles Box Set Vol 2 - Apr 11 Release Date? *

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Veech, Mar 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mal

Mal Phorum Physicist

I just hope they release Vol 2 in a "shortbox" version to match my Vol 1. The longbox packaging was just plain stupid!

:)

2. Veech

Veech Space In Sounds Thread Starter

Unfortunately, we may end up with the Dexterized version... :shake:

3. yesstiles

yesstiles Senior Member

4. Drifter

Drifter AAD survivor

It was re-released by Capitol much later though, but not in the 60s. The stereo mix is an absolute joke though. All it is is the mono mixes panpotted to different places in the stereo field. However, it would be nice to get George Martin's instrumentals, which are in lush stereophonic sound. :):thumbsup:
    There is no digital version of the mono Revolver which is often quite different (and generally superior, IMO) than the stereo. Many Beatles fans consider it the best mix. There are a few mixing mistakes on the stereo mix. Plus, "Help!" has a James Bond intro on the Capitol version and a wonderful Duo-Phonic version of "Ticket To Ride". ;)
    There is no digital mono version of "Sgt. Pepper", which many people, myself included, consider to be the superior mix of the album.

If I'm not mistaken, "Strawberry Fields Forever" is a different, later mix on the current MMT CD.

I say bring 'em all on please! :goodie: I'll buy 'em, Michael will buy 'em, and many many many more of us will buy 'em! :D:thumbsup:

5. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

:agree: :goodie: :thumbsup:

6. Michael

Hope so!...that's the one I remember most. :D

...what a fiasco years ago here on the forum when I told of this albums existence...I had many doubters!:laugh:...they all came to see the light eventually. :D I can't find the original thread on this, but it's in the archives somewhere...

7. Michael

Indeed! Can't hear Help! without the James Bond intro...just seems right to me...I've been dealing with my HELP! Beat CD...at least it's from tape, and sounds decent...I'm thrilled to finally get the real deal!

8. Chip TRG

Chip TRG Senior Member

Even more so than the first four Capitol LP reissues, The later albums just have a "feel" to them that you wouldn't understand unless you grew up with them. To make matters weirder, Rubber Soul was the last Beatles album that I heard to say that "I've heard them all", and the first time for me was actually on a Capitol 8-track! Now THAT running order did indeed suck! LOL!

As a DJ, if I ever spun "HELP!", I always went for the "Bond Intro" version. Remember, here in the USA, that version was even included on "1962-1966", so it was NOT a "rarity". Coming out of a jingle or and ID, the song just blows out of the speakers.

Geez, I even like "Beatles VI"! I love "Every Little Thing" as a closing track!

I have to wonder if Brian Wilson's opinion would have been different if he had heard the British "Rubber Soul" instead of the USA track listing?

Wha Wha WHAT?!?!?!?!? After all of these years, this is the FIRST time I have ever heard this. Can someone concur on this?

9. Chip TRG

Chip TRG Senior Member

In reference to "A Hard Day's Night", were the Martin Instrumentals on the OST the same as those that appeared on his instrumental LP's?

10. Drifter

Drifter AAD survivor

11. Chip TRG

Chip TRG Senior Member

Kewl! I'm pretty safe to assume that I have the Verb-pressing, sicne all I HAVE are east coast pressings (Rainbow Stereo, Apple, and Purple). I guess I just took it for granted that EVERYONE in the USA heard it this way.

12. Drifter

Drifter AAD survivor

Here's another thread from the archives about it: http://www.stevehoffman.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=45586

13. andy749

andy749 Senior Member

I hope they even release ROCK AND ROLL MUSIC...then there's Hollywood Bowl too.
    Heck, throw in Love Songs w/ R+R music for 1 4-CD box. They ought to release this stuff in the exact order they did first time around...which is what they're doing so far.

14. Beatle Terr

Beatle Terr Super Senior SH Forum Member Musician & Guitarist

Veech for me and this would be going by the Capitol 45 Jacket cover, I would have thought Nowhere Man was released on the UK Beatles For Sale LP. This of course was before I even knew what the UK LP track orders were like and boy did the songs on BFS get spread across a few of our American LP's from Beatles 65 and Beatles VI.

To me "Beatles For Sale" was like the Holy Grail of Beatles albums to have if I could've only gotton my hands on one way back then.

15. Brian W.

Brian W. Senior Member

Maybe they'll put the dry single version of "Please Please Me" on "Early Beatles." (Nah, too much to hope for.)

16. Beatle Terr

Beatle Terr Super Senior SH Forum Member Musician & Guitarist

The mono version of the US Rubber Soul didn't have an East Coast version, nor does the mono version have the false starts on "I'm Looking Through You".

But come to think of it, I can honestly say being from the EAST that I've only ever heard the extra echoed Stereo version of Rubber Soul. Hence I'd like to hear it the way other US pressing sounded like instead. :) But I'll still be happy with the Extra Texture Dextered version!! :D

17. Baba O'Riley

Baba O'Riley New Member

I think we can choose:

Capitol Album 2

Capitol Album 2 / Long

18. Joe Koz

Joe Koz Prodigal Bone Brotherâ„¢ In Memoriam

And the alternate American stereo mix of "The Word." :agree:

19. white wolf

white wolf Forum Resident

I think the short box was a Target Exclusive last time around. Maybe this time it will be more widely available. I Hate the long box. The short box fits on the shelf with my other CDs.

20. Joe Koz

Joe Koz Prodigal Bone Brotherâ„¢ In Memoriam

I bought my first set at Target. They had the best price around. :agree:

Besides, they open early! 8:00a.m.! :D

21. :agree: The industry wonders why new music isn't selling as much these days. We're too busy spending our entertainment dollar on re-buying an old album again for the 4th, 5th or 6th time. (Think I have 9 different copies of Pet Sounds on LP and CD.)

22. Don't recall seeing a short box at a&b sound, Future Shop, Best Buy, HMV, Music Word, Costco, Walmart, etc. for Vol. 1. We only had the long box to choose from in Calgary. :sigh:

23. yellowballoon

yellowballoon Senior Member

Not all East Coast pressings have the extra reverb.

According to Bruce Spizer
    These pressings cut from a master from New York can be identified by W8#2 in run off groove on side 1 and W14#1 on side 2.

Chris

24. brainwashed

brainwashed Forum Hall Of Fame

Brian, you're missing the point....the released CDs will be made from the exact same US Capitol masters that were used in 1965/1966. So the mix of Please Please Me on The Early Beatles is what will be on the new CD. Jensen doesn't have access to the UK masters, and he certainly doesn't have access to the flat master used on the first-run Parlophone 45. Also, it goes against the entire concept of this series. That is, to faithfully issue on CD what Americans grew up with in the 60's....there's no attempt to issue new and improved recordings from the vaults of EMI. Ron

25. Mal

Mal Phorum Physicist

Circuit City had it too - don't know of anywhere else you could get it apart from those two though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.