Cameo Parkway Finally Coming!!!!

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by RetroSmith, Mar 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bob Lovely

Bob Lovely Super Gort In Memoriam

2. indy mike

indy mike Forum Pest

Thankee kindly!

3. guy incognito

guy incognito Senior Member

Don't worry about it, indy. I imagine your, ahem, focused musical tastes are well-known to everyone on the forum by now. :winkgrin:

4. d.r.cook

d.r.cook Senior Member

Hmmm, some people seem to remember everything from 6 months on, if not pre-natal.

Actually, the brain research shows for the most part that our distinct memories of events, people, sounds in context, etc. doesn't really take hold until sometime after age 2.5-3, and is pretty hazy for the most part during those early years. So, Mikey, I think you're on the mark here.

Memory is a tricky thing. Sometimes, I think we hear conversations about certain events and music, etc. from our parents and siblings, and those passed-on reminesences become linked and confused with our own first-hand memories.

doug

5. Joe D.

Joe D. Forum Resident

Some what off topic but your statement about memory is exactly how I feel about it. My Mom died when I was five, memories about her may be just what others have told me or might be my own.

6. Grant

Grant Life is a rock, but the radio rolled me!

OT again, but sometimes a catastrophic or at least life-altering experience at a very early age can activate a memory. I was born and lived in Kansas for the first two years of my life. All I have are memories of the music I heard then, with no memory of anything else. BUT, when we started a move half-way across the country at age two-and-a-half, all of a sudden I can vividly recall places, events, and smells to this day. It's like my life started in June 1965. I remember everything starting with a Howard Johnson's in Denver, CO. And, no one told me any of the stuff beforehand. But, my memories are corroborated with all other family members on that trip.

7. Grant

Grant Life is a rock, but the radio rolled me!

BTW, I havde no memories of hardly any pre 1966 Cameo/Parkway stuff because no one in my house listened to it. The only two Cameo singles we had were Bobby Rydell's "The Third House (In From The Right)"/"The Fish" and ? & The Mysterians' "I Need Somebody". And, we all know about "96 Tears".

I will still buy a CP collection because of the historical music on it, and I do enjoy some of it now.

8. RetroSmith

RetroSmith Forum Hall Of Fame<br>(Formerly Mikey5967) Thread Starter

Every time I hear "Lets Twist Again" I think of summer 1973, because thats when I got the ABKCO reissue 45.

9. Brian W.

Brian W. Senior Member

Jeff Tamarkin has got his own website. It's still under construction... but it's already got a blurb about his upcoming work on the Cameo-Parkway set:

http://www.jefftamarkin.com/writing.htm

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.