Boz Scaggs Silk Degrees First LP Cut

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by -Ben, May 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sckott

Sckott Hand Tighten Only.

A <-360-> must have looked spiffy in a clean red.

McLover likes this.
  2. James Glennon

James Glennon Senior Member

the concise oxford dictionary, the word 'obsessive' = of evil spirit, delusion or fixed idea.

I hope you are not talking about me, Steve?

seriously, i genuinely believe that people's 'interest' in vinyl is what is keeping the market going.

from reading all the threads, most people seems to want to have the best cut of an LP purely to be able to listen to the best version of a particular LP, others simply like to have a particular version because they collect LPs.

JG

3. Hawkman

Hawkman Supercar Gort Staff

In Bruce Spizer's book of the Beatle Albums on Capitol, there is a section dealing with the pressing plants that were used to manufacture the Beatle records. On page 236, there is a very cool picture of an unauthorized pressing of the 'Can't Buy Me Love' single that is half black and half yellow vinyl. It was pressed at the MGM plant here in New Jersey in Bloomfield and he says that there were some unauthorized copies pressed there that were all yellow.

McLover likes this.
  4. MMM

MMM Forum Hall Of Fame

1G side 1, 1A side 2. Both from The Mastering Lab "M" lathe.

5. -Ben

-Ben Senior Member Thread Starter

Another eBay win LP arrived today nicely packed in a cardboard box.

"Silk Degrees" SEALED with Gold Record Award sticker...after opening... TML-M early pressing -1 sounds fantastic. Total cost with shipping $6. I can't help it if I'm lucky....sometimes. :D

:goodie: :goodie: :goodie:

McLover and hi_watt like this.
  6. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host

request
    by
    reopened

7. Mine is:
    Side One - PAL 33920 1AC TML-S
    Side Two - PBL 33920 1AA TML-S

Any pressing with a TLM-M or TML-S designation on the matrix is considered a first pressing, right?

8. DL390

DL390 New Member

Very late to this conversation but I have what appears to be a Silk Degrees acetate with typewritten Mastering Lab labels within a Mastering Lab cover. I'm saying acetate as it's heavy and I can see metal in the spindle hole. Nothing in the dead wax, regrettably. It's a treasure of mine. Is it legit and/or rare? Thanks.

9. bibijeebies

bibijeebies vinyl hairline spotter

Just yesterday I found a US copy with Gold RIAA sticker on the sealing and the exact same runouts as the promo that is on Discogs:
    Boz Scaggs – Silk Degrees (1976, Vinyl)
    However could the etched RL rather be RH and stand for Ron Hitchcock?

10. Jay Kobe

Jay Kobe Member

Any chance you'd remaster Silk Degrees in the future Steve? I've got all my fingers and toes crossed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.