Borders Coupon (part 2)*

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by hbbfam, Nov 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jay F

Jay F New Member

One thing you can't do is place an order over the phone using one of their coupons. I found something I wanted to use the 50% off coupon on, but I couldn't get to the store in time. I thought they'd be happy to ring up the transaction, and that I could pick it up on the weekend, but no.

2. Davidmk5

Davidmk5 Forum Resident

I had this "talk" a few weeks ago about this with the Cashier as they started making me print out coupons again when i usually just mention what i have , I don't like wasting tree's every week .
    What they were told by management is you can print it , show it on your phone , or write down the coupon numbers on something .

3. GregK

GregK I'm speechless

It says right on the coupons, show it on your mobile device. I've done this a few times recently. They just scan the barcode off my phone or type in the numbers off the phone.

4. jason100x

jason100x Forum Resident

Well, after reading all this about the Borders Plus, I think I am sold. I'll get it next time I go to Borders when they do the "hard sell" at the register.

5. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

Maybe the idea of doing away with coupons on the smartphone was just a rumor.

6. KeithH

I kept passing on it, but I finally signed up today. They were offering a $10 coupon on your purchase if you signed up, so I essentially signed up for half the regular price. Plus they applied the 10% discount on this purchase. They also gave me a coupon book for signing up, but the coupons were useless to me. It's a good deal to be able to get a 10% discount applied on top of a coupon (I rarely shop at Borders without a coupon).

7. davers

davers Forum Resident

I was a hold out until about the time the Dylan Mono Box came out. I finally went for it and have been quite pleased. After having picked up a few of the recent box sets, I think I've already made my money back.

8. motionoftheocean

motionoftheocean Senior Member

I don't suppose anyone is aware of 50% off coupon that will work on 12/24...?

9. Mike D'Aversa

Mike D'Aversa Senior Member

If there is one, I would imagine it probably wouldn't be announced/emailed until somewhere between midnight and 3AM EST...

10. nukevor

nukevor Active Member

Any 40% online coupons? (Borders.com)

11. KeithH

Nope. I haven't received a Borders coupon in about a week.

I got some e-reader sale e-mail alert today. The barrage of e-reader promotional e-mail alerts from Borders and Barnes & Noble are getting annoying. I know e-readers are the hot thing, but I don't own one and I'm not going to own one. I wish I could customize the e-mail alerts I receive to screen out these e-reader promotions. Of course, they sometimes include a coupon I can use with the e-reader B.S.

12. audiorocks

audiorocks Forum Resident

There's a 20% off any 3 items which I used yesterday along with the 10% discount and $10 in Borders Bucks for a $2.50 CD.

13. GregK

GregK I'm speechless

I hate these e-readers. I have quite a few books right now that my kids ask me about and that they may be interested in reading when they are older. They like the covers, some are big, reference sized books, etc; if I had all of these as e-books, how would they be able to explore them? I understand the convenience of e-readers, but unless I can get copies of every book I already own as an e-book, then forget it.

14. cdash99

cdash99 Senior Member

Not to mention the location where a number of people do a substantial amount of their reading......and I don't mean the commuter train!

P.S. It is not my intention to lower the bar when it comes to thread crapping (pun intended).

15. Davidmk5

Davidmk5 Forum Resident

I am guessing they want people to use their Giftcards at full price now & i guess they are having a bunch of Instore sales , like calenders at 50% off etc.

16. Davidmk5

Davidmk5 Forum Resident

Used the "Pricematch" with a target flyer tonight , they will indeed match a price no matter how crazy , got $30 off a tv boxed set .

17. Channel Z

Channel Z Forum Resident

I just received a 50% off CD or DVD Box Set coupon for 2 days 12/30, 12/31 limit 2. In store or online.

18. Thesmellofvinyl

Thesmellofvinyl Senior Member

Would you post a link to it?

19. Channel Z

Channel Z Forum Resident

20. Thesmellofvinyl

Thesmellofvinyl Senior Member

21. Davidmk5

Davidmk5 Forum Resident

Yeh , just got this too ! I think after that Barnes & noble deal there's not much left i can think of that i need ...

22. Kayaker

Kayaker Senior Member

The only thing that seems to qualify is the Dylan Mono Box for $62..
    No Blu-Rays.. No multi disc Criterion DVD's, No Lennon CD Box...

23. nukevor

nukevor Active Member

24. KeithH

I don't see those exclusions mentioned on the coupon, though I seem to recall seeing Blu-Ray and Criterion sets being excluded before. It seems strange that the Lennon CD box is excluded because I got it at Borders with a 50%-off coupon about a week before Christmas.

25. MJConroy

MJConroy Senior Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.