BMG's Yourmusic.com

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Impulse329, Nov 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

The Bowie Diamond Dogs set seems to be an exception. It was discussed here a couple of weeks ago, and I was able to get it for $5.99 on a previous subscription.

For those wondering, the Diamond Dogs set does not have a BMG marking in place of a barcode. In fact, the copy I got is an import.

2. Joe Koz

Joe Koz Prodigal Bone Brotherâ„¢ In Memoriam

Thanks, Keith. I must have missed that.

So...how do you like the sound quality? I saw this at Best Buy for 29.99, but had to pass on it. I figured, I'd pick it up at BMG on one of their 60% or 70% off sales. But when I saw it for 4.99 at Yourmusic.com I couldn't pass it up.

3. Joe Koz

BTW...I put the first 4 or 5 Black Sabbath CD's in my queue. They're the regular Wanner Brothers CD's. How's the sound quality on those? I figured for $4.99 each, I can't go wrong.

4. trumpetplayer

trumpetplayer Senior Member

Thanks for the link, this is a great deal!
    :goodie:

5. hamburgerpimp

hamburgerpimp New Member

They're a tad bright, but much better than the Castle cds, IMO. I haven't heard the new Rhinos yet, but reviews have been mixed on those, so...

6. Joe Koz

Thanks for the info! Come to think about it, I just assumed it was the Warner's CD's. I forgot about the Rhino's. :p I have to go back and check on it! :agree:

7. hamburgerpimp

hamburgerpimp New Member

The individual discs there are the W.B.s versions, although they do also carry the Rhino Black Box for $40.00 (which consists of their 1st 8 cds + a dvd.)

8. PMC7027

PMC7027 Forum Hall Of Fame

It appears to me that your queue gets single discs and multiple discs/box sets are purchases IN ADDITION TO the one CD a month that you have to buy.

9. 22dRow

22dRow New Member

Has anyone experienced them as s l o w to fill orders? They say they process them within 72 hours but I've been waiting way longer than that for them to process mine.

10. Turnaround

Turnaround Senior Member

Limiting what goes into your queue makes you buy more. You actually don't but one CD a month. You pay the fee per month, and they ship whatever you have in your queue. If your queue is empty, they ship nothing, but you're out the monthly fee.

Does anyone know if BMG's box sets are marked as record club edition (BMG logo over the barcode), like thier single CD's are?

11. daveman

daveman Forum All Star

Some are, some aren't.

12. Turnaround

Turnaround Senior Member

Any reason behind one or another being labeled? Does it depend on the *label* for the box set?

13. daveman

daveman Forum All Star

No idea. Could be the amount of overstock for that particular product or the label. My Hitsville Motown box from them does have the BMG code but the Baez and Faces boxes do not. My advice: don't sweat it one way or the other. :)

14. Turnaround

Turnaround Senior Member

Thanks for the input, daveman 84.

There's a Mercury Rhythm N' Blues 1945-1955 box set for a good price -- anyone care to comment on this?

15. sethrhf

sethrhf Forum Resident

I've found if the cd or box set is really new thru BMG and you order it right away it will usually be the same one from a store. That is a copy with a upc. If the item has been availible for quite sometime it will be marked as a record club copy. Also if it's a hot box set that runs out a lot it will be the normal store bought one. That's what I've been able to figure out. So if you don't like stuff without upc's and marked BMG don't buy anything old.
    I just want the music so it doen't matter to me. I don't look at the boxes long.

16. digitalstereo

digitalstereo New Member

Is the shipping charge of CDs from YourMusic to Hong Kong also free ? Or the CD free shipping charge only apply within USA ?

17. soundboy

soundboy Senior Member

Most likely within (continental?) US only. Aren't CDs in HK cheap enough as they are?

18. digitalstereo

digitalstereo New Member

In Hong Kong, most of the CD are sold at between US$10 to $14. For SACD, they are sold at between US$12.5 to $20. Not much people here are listening to SACD.

Also there are only a few CD shops selling classical CD. HMV will have more classical CD collection but they are very expensive compare to the Mong Kok CD shops.

19. jimsumner

jimsumner Senior Member

From the fine print.

"1.Subscription Availability: Subscriptions to yourmusic.com and shipment of yourmusic.com CDs are limited to the U.S. and its territories and possessions."

20. PMC7027

PMC7027 Forum Hall Of Fame

Yesterday I received The Marvin Gaye Collection SACD from Yourmusic.com. I haven't listened to it yet, but I'm impressed that it was only a week from the time I "joined" until my first disc arrived.

After my problem with the Classic Records 200 gram version of the Dylan Bootleg Volume 6 I think I'll buy it on CD from Yourmusic.com for $9.98 instead.

21. floyd

floyd Senior Member

I got the first item I put in my queue very quickly yesterday in fact and I just signed up sometime last week.

22. Chris Desjardin

Chris Desjardin Senior Member

I ordered a bunch of stuff last monday, and it all arrived yesterday. Awesome service, much better than I expected.

23. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

This is good news, as I just signed up for the $4.99 deal on the weekend and put the Marvin Gaye SACD first in my queue. It's supposed to ship this week. I like the DVD-Audio disc and am curious to how the SACD stacks up.

24. soundboy

soundboy Senior Member

Just received an e-mail from yourmusic.com that my Marvin Gaye Collection SACD has been shipped. :thumbsup:

25. Stateless

Stateless New Member

I ordered my 3 over the weekend, including the FACES box, and they all shipped today. I have to thank the forum for pointing me to this website. I almost dropped $54.99 plus tax (on sale too) on the box a few weeks ago. I'm glad I waited since I'm paying almost a third of that price now. :goodie:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.