BMG's Yourmusic.com

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Impulse329, Nov 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RandySchimka

RandySchimka Senior Member

So just for fun.....On Yourmusic.com, try looking up Aimee Mann and then click on the album cover for Bachelor #2 for a new window....Could it be for $4.99?

Randy

2. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

Thanks for the tip. I just put it at the top of my queue. I already have the DVD-Audio disc, but for $5.99, I'll compare it to the SACD!

3. thestereofan

thestereofan Senior Member

Just snagged these and had them shipped. The SACD's will be obsolete in 6 months ...

Marvin Gaye
    The Marvin Gaye Collection (SACD) 1 $4.99

Traffic
    Feelin' Alright: The Very Best Of (Remastered) 1 $4.99

Seals & Crofts
    Seals & Crofts' Greatest Hits 1 $4.99

Miles Davis
    Kind Of Blue (SACD Hybrid) 1 $4.99

Miles Davis Quintet
    Relaxin' (SACD Hybrid) 1 $4.99

Thelonious Monk and John Coltrane
    Thelonious Monk and John Coltrane (SACD Hybrid) 1 $4.99

Sonny Rollins
    Tenor Madness (SACD Hybrid) 1 $4.99

Isaac Hayes
    Shaft Soundtrack (SACD Hybrid) 1 $4.99

Isaac Hayes (SACD Hybrid)
    Hot Buttered Soul 1 $4.99

4. KeithH

If you are going to make a statement like that, which is obviously supposition, you have to qualify it. What is your basis for that statement?

Of course, your six-month statement really wasn't necessary since it has nothing to do with the thread subject!

5. floyd

floyd Senior Member

Hey isn't that a mobile fidelity release? I really don't think BMG is offering mofi stuff. I would guess you just get the standard cd on that one. Although as pointed out above the
    Aimee Man Bach#2 is also listed with the mofi picture. Now that would be cool if it was true!!

6. daveman

daveman Forum All Star

Oh what the hell, that's a great deal. Thanks for the tip!

7. KeithH

Yeah, if they really have the MFSL discs, I want to know! I'd much rather pay $5.99 than $26-30 per disc. :)

8. floyd

floyd Senior Member

Dose anyone know if the Elvis '56 disc is the one from 2003 the photo on the list looks like the recent one although in the listing it says released 1996 which is not the one to get. Of course I don't really trust the picture after what I saw with the mofi and look at Miles Davis Kind of Blue,

9. KeithH

Yourmusic.com shows the MFSL cover for Hot Buttered Soul, but it appears they are actually selling the standard CD. They list it as being on the Stax label with a release date of 1994. There is no mention of it being the hybrid SACD.

It's the same thing with the Aimee Mann title.

10. thestereofan

thestereofan Senior Member

It had the pictures of the MOFI on it as well as some of the others. Hopefully they will honor that. If not, I will send it back along with a picture from their web site. I would not have bought it if it wasn't a MOFI.

And I made the SACD statement as I work as a distributor for Tower Records and no one is buying the hirez offerings in our stores. NOONE!

We have them pushed back into the back corners now (see Tower Campbell, CA sometime) and they are gathering dust, some have been there for over a year - read DTS mcCartney, Ohio Players, Donald Fagen, etc.

I bought these as they are cheaper than I can buy them for direct wholesale. This along with the recent SONY sale is a partial dumpoff of hi-end product, plain and simple. Even Fry's, who buys everything, is NOT picking up any more HIREZ and the wet dishrag in the face is that MC's future is going to be limited to online sales or niche markets.

Sorry to say that but it's true and I speak as one who has a modified TATE and 2 modified QSD-1's. I love quad and HIREZ in all formats but once again greed has killed the golden goose. Too many unusable formats. People want plug and play M/C, not unusable DVD-A or specialized SACD's. DTS was the easiest to use. Drop in the disc if you have the DVD player and DTS receiver and it played if you had 4 speakers. Otherwise forget it. But it was made too complicated and expensive and hard to learn and to setup.

99% of purchasers don't care and won't bother. We are audiophiles and we won't spend the dough unless we get these bottom-scraping discounts. And still some will complain.

Unfortunately, many cling to the fantasy of a HiRez in every home and DVD-a MC Beatles with mono and stereo. It ain't gonna happen unless you make your own. I have and as Teri Hatcher said in Seinfeld - "They are real and spectacular."

So I'm not waiting for Apple or anyone else. If I like it, I make it myself. Right now I'm listening to a 4 channel discrete DVD-a of the MOODY BLUES "In Search of the Lost Chord." Wonderful!

11. hamburgerpimp

hamburgerpimp New Member

Using the link above, I'm not seeing the $4.99 deal, just the regular $5.99 per disc. Do the prices change after subscribing? :confused:

12. stereoptic

stereoptic Anaglyphic GORT Staff

Welcome stereofan! :wave:

I am sure that is true, and most of us here are aware of that, but the problem is that statement does not belong in this thread about yourmusic.com. (its a "threadcrap" - check the FAQ page) I'd suggest that this opinion belongs in its own thread, but we already have several dozens threads about the apparent death of hi-rez. :p

13. daveman

daveman Forum All Star

Maybe because you're already logged in? I click it and see $4.99, before and after joining.

14. Mike B

Mike B Forum Resident

Thanks for the heads up, guys. It looks like a great deal and I subscribed. However, the selection seems pretty dismal. I can't imagine being subscribed very long.

15. hamburgerpimp

hamburgerpimp New Member

It started working all of a sudden without me having to do anything. Thanks, though. :)

So, has anyone received a Faces box from either BMG Music Club or YourMusic as of late? I know it was on backorder for most of December...

16. hamburgerpimp

hamburgerpimp New Member

17. TSmithPage

TSmithPage Ex Post Facto Member

My copy of the Faces box arrived from yourmusic.com just last week, so there must be some still available.

18. floyd

floyd Senior Member

19. househippie

househippie Forum Resident

Please excuse my ignorance, but what are "MC" and/or "M/C"? :confused:

The only related information I could find on a Google search was the Philips Streamium MC series PC-based audio system. Is this what you're referring to?

20. Mike B

Mike B Forum Resident

MC = multi-channel

The web site is often slow and crashes a bunch for me. However, I found 5 CDs to put on my queue, and I orderd the Sonny Rollins complete Prestige (7 CDs) and Velvet Underground Peel Back & See (5 CDs) box sets for a total of under $65, including tax. That's pretty sweet.

21. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

They've also added the John Denver Definitive Greatest Hits 2CD set...priced as a single CD...Good deal.

Kwad

22. hamburgerpimp

hamburgerpimp New Member

I'll give it another try then. Thanks Todd.

23. PMC7027

PMC7027 Forum Hall Of Fame

My account at BMG Music Club says that my box was shipped last week so I should be receiving it shortly.

24. BradOlson

BradOlson Country/Christian Music Maven

If any of you haven't bought a Bill Monroe comp and would like a good one to start with: http://www.yourmusic.com/browse/album/51016.html or for the boxed set http://www.yourmusic.com/browse/album/15480.html Shawn, yourmusic does carry Amy Grant's Christmas CDs for $5.99 plus here's a comp of the cream of the crop (very few essentials to most people missing, most notably "Old Man's Rubble," "Jehovah," "Mountain Top,") of her early Christian recordings: http://www.yourmusic.com/browse/album/20276.html Great sound as well.

25. MerlinMacuser

MerlinMacuser New Member In Memoriam

This site is a great find! As a long time member of the regular BMG club I get a 2 free for life coupon each year but I still have to pay for shipping. Also, I have a file folder full of 3-1 coupons from BMG but yourmusic does not charge for shipping! Most months BMG offer 3-1 anyway so the coupons are worthless. I just wish it was easier to search for just SACDs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.