Best Buy's CD Clearance Bin... You Might Want To Dig Through

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by filper, Nov 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blair G.

Blair G. Senior Member

Geez Phil, this is getting ridiculous ;)

Hydra is the choice find in this batch IMO.

I have a lot of time on my hands right now.
    My wife works for the airlines so I can a ticket for next to nothing.

Maybe I need to fly back east for a few days......

2. brett is mistaken, It's on the National Lampoon's 'Vacation' soundtrack lp & cd,
    along with Buckingham's "Crawling Across The USA"

http://www.amazon.com/National-Lampoons-Vacation-Lindsey-Buckingham/dp/B0010M4JZ4/

3. celtic1

celtic1 New Member

Looks like BB will no longer carry CDs for long....

4. filper

filper Forum Resident Thread Starter

Save the ticket. I think I got them all.

There is only 4 BB's with bins.

5. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

Notice the price on the Celine Dion SACD above. :D

6. filper

I was thinking of driving back 50 miles to ask for a refund...

7. floyd

floyd Senior Member

what is the first one upper left?

8. Jack White

Jack White Senior Member

9. Khojem

Khojem Forum Resident

Someone got a deal!:edthumbs:

10. ringosshed

ringosshed Forum Resident

I am that someone would buy these.LOL. Hopefully they are presents for Nana at Xmas.

11. filper

A few dogs yes, but the Botti and Peter White are exemplary of the format.

'Hydra' sure worked as a trader.

I got a lot of Gold slips and some pristine cases to polish up my collection as well.

I'll give Nana the Dion and 'A Chorus Line'.

I'm now hearing gems I never would have considered...

12. nukevor

nukevor Active Member

Flipper,

Have a question on that "Dances with Wolves" SACD: By pure luck, I picked up a sealed copy (crack on front of the case!) of this at my Local Fry's ($14.99) the other day and it came in a clear stereo SACD slip case with a "Plays only on SACD" sticker.

On the top spine it has that "pull" red/black label that reads: "SACD ES46982 / Dances With Wolves / O.M.P.S. / SACD Stereo."

The funny thing is the artwork back cover and the spines aren't even labeled as an SACD! The spine reads: "ZK46982" and the back cover has the CD logo, the Epic logo and the "ADD" mixing info.

On the back there is a small square sticker that reads "1ES46982 *" and the ISBN/UPC Code: "074644698268"

The Fry's price sticker has this: "08/08/2000...46982-ES...SUPER AUDI...074644698268" plus the store codes etc.

I think I have the real deal and/or a rare collectors item? :)

13. nukevor

nukevor Active Member

I first heard the song off the "A Chorus Line" OST "I get it...I hope I get it!" from the "Land of the Lost" movie starring Will Ferrell this summer. Hilarious!

14. filper

It sounds like it's a second release.

I guess you'll have to open it up.

All of the artwork in the case inserts indicate SACD.

15. JimC

JimC Senior Member

I just picked up the Hollywood Christmas last week. It's great to have "Holiday Road" on CD finally. There was only the live version until now, I believe. However, I didn't think the song was actually in Christmas Vacation.:confused: The big one in that is the Mavis Staples track.

Are the 1970s-80s discs good overall? I think I'll find them at that price.

16. ShawnX

ShawnX Forum Resident

I thought all 3 had interesting track listings. I didn't buy them 70s or 80s. Should have - I've been spending SO much $$$ on music and movies that I thought I could live without them - but I can't:)

PS: You are correct - Holiday Road is NOT in the movie Chrsitmas Vacation, it's in the 1st one. It's a strange place to add the track...still.

17. Macman

Macman Senior Member

Fellow Canadians might want to check Future Shop as well. I just picked up Peter Gabriel 2 on SACD from a clearance bin there for $3.99.

18. Larry L

Larry L Senior Member

Same here. There is no CD clearance bin at any Best Buy in my area. There is a DVD clearance. I found Ghost World for about 4 dollars.

19. filper

Cool.:righton:

I never would have thought to check FS as well.

"On the road again."

20. Blair G.

Blair G. Senior Member

Thanks, I'll be checking around.

On my recent visits to various Best Buys I ignored the nearby Future Shops. They usually aren't worth the effort.
    There are way more FS's than BB's in my area so maybe I'll get lucky.

21. nukevor

nukevor Active Member

Before I open, anyone else have a second pressing title of the "Dances" soundtrack to confirm?

22. floyd

floyd Senior Member

The Best Buy near us dose not have a clearence bin. They said they just mix the stuff in. I did not see any SACD although I did not really search for any of those titles in the racks. I did see some SACD of Nickel Creek for regular prices $15

23. Blair G.

Blair G. Senior Member

Nothing at any of the Future Shops I visted today, the only discount bins are for DVDs

I'd love to find a copy of PG2, 3 or 4 at full price, let alone $4

24. dbmay75

dbmay75 Funk & Guitar Junkie

Yes, this is the same pressing I have in my possession. I nearly fell over though when I read the sign, "Super Audio CD/DTS CD section" at the Fry's in Palo Alto with only about 20 discs to offer. Not much there besides some classical, Andrea Bocelli and a few DVD-A's. It was mostly empty.

Phil did really, really well for himself. I am wayyyy overdue for a visit back to TO. Of course I've already checked one nearby BB and they had nothing; not one SACD, not even a customer browsing the CDs. A definite sign of the times. I should also get "on the road again" however and check the others, just to be sure. Should a miracle occur, you guys will be the first to know :righton:

Dan

25. Macman

Macman Senior Member

That's too bad. I'll try another FS here in the next day or so to see if they have them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.