Beatles Target (store) exclusives

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by dave-gtr, Sep 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JDeanB

JDeanB Senior Member

I stopped by a Target this afternoon. She found that the computer showed they should have them, but there was no location for them!! So...I will have to try another location.

2. hominy

hominy Digital Drifter

I still didn't find any today! Just that stupid Glee display. I didn't bother asking the employees because of the same schtick as mentioned above. I'll try again next weekend with the barcodes in hand.

3. Hagstrom

Hagstrom Please stop calling them vinyls.

I found Hello Goodbye in my local Target. Gonna listen to it soon.

4. bward

bward Senior Member

The 45 Sleeves are very close to the originals.

Target Exclusive on Left. My original 1964 Can't Buy Me Love Sleeve on right.

Of course, mine is yellowed with age, and not NM. But you can see how nice these new sleeves are.

I shot this with my iPhone, sorry it's not a clearer pix.

BW

Attached Files:

5. JDeanB

JDeanB Senior Member

Found them on my second try. Picked up Can't Buy Me Love/You Can't Do That and Hello Goodbye/I Am The Walrus. Will pick up the other two if available soon. I wonder if these will go on sale when 1 goes on sale.

6. Tjazz

Tjazz Breakfast at (a record store)

Thanks. I called Culver City, earlier and they said they didn't have them. Course, after reading your comments, I decided to drive over there. They were on display at the end, but on the inside aisle, near the wall, away from most of the traffic. There's only about 6 left. (now) :D

7. Tommyboy

Tommyboy Senior Member

Where did you find them in the store?

I work in NJ, not so far from the Paramus location, and decided to call the store. I spoke to someone in electronics, as well as a store manager, and both said that they don't have them. I even read the dope in the electronics department the bar code that was posted in this thread and his response was "it does me no good". They had no idea what I was talking about.

These guys are clueless:realmad:

8. LaserKen

LaserKen Senior Member

They're on an endcap in the music section at my store. Very nice, indeed. I love Target.

9. Joewp

Joewp Forum Resident

I had the same experience. My ***** said "We don't sell records in this store" to which I said "Yes, but Target is selling these, so you will be selling records, but that's not the point"

10. hominy

hominy Digital Drifter

Try not to confuse the poor employees. Just call it the Beatles T-shirt box thingy. I might just do that :)

11. williamjoel

williamjoel Spins At 33 1/3 RPM

Braindead associate in Bedford Hills, NY told me that they had them "in the back," but they wouldn't be putting them out for 3 or 4 days. They I found them, right there on the end-cap. DUUUUUUH!!!

I showed them to him and he apologized. Since they were out of LIB in L/XL, I asked him to check stock and they didn't show ANY "in the back."

I got all four, LIB in S/M.

12. LaserKen

LaserKen Senior Member

I'll bet they have them categorized as "gift sets" or something similar. It's like the exclusive they had on the Stones 'Exile' which came in a box w/ a t-shirt. They're sold in music, but they probably inventory it as some special collectible as the differentiator on the package is the t-shirt size...

13. Hagstrom

Hagstrom Please stop calling them vinyls.

The Target in Philly had them in the DVD/CD area...not many left. $19.99, no tax charged.

14. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

How many people here saw "Beatles Target" in the thread title and immediately went apes#it? Be honest.

:D

15. paulisme

paulisme I’m being sarcastic

Because there's no sales tax in PA on clothing, right? Nice loophole :)

16. apple-richard

apple-richard *Overnight Sensation*

I had to pay tax, what's the deal? Not paying tax on an item Recorded in England is UN-American in my book. ;)

17. musicfan37

musicfan37 Senior Member

Tried two Targets in my area. First store no help at all (Issaquah). The second store (Factoria) person looked up to see what other stores might have them. Out of all the stores, only one did. Way up in north Seattle at the Northgate Target. Got all four. There were two or one left of each title.

18. paulisme

paulisme I’m being sarcastic

I picked up all 4 today. Like others have said, all the sides are mono except Let It Be. I was surprised at how great these sounded. What a crazy place to find exclusive audiophile-quality 45s.

19. Tommyboy

Tommyboy Senior Member

I was able to find a copy of Hello Goodbye/I Am The Walrus this evening. The section in the middle with the extra beats sounds like it was a "flown in" from another source. It sounds like a bad edit, almost bootleg like in quality. Definitely not as seamless as the original US 45.

Has anyone else noticed this or is it just me?

20. Tommyboy

Tommyboy Senior Member

I think you are right. It sounds like they edited the extra beats in.

21. Duophonic

Duophonic Beatles

I was on vacation this weekend and stopped by Target at Hilton Head and they had these items, however I needed the $ for the vacation and decided to wait until I got back in town to purchase at least one.

However the Target near my house is not selling them, and I asked the worker who made a phone call, and then told me that the items "could very well be regional."

Hah?

22. musicfan37

musicfan37 Senior Member

23. PMC7027

PMC7027 Forum Hall Of Fame

Today I bought 2 sets. One set has S/M t-shirts and the other has L/XL t-shirts. I'm going to open the S/M set so I have a set of the singles to display and/or play (once). My 2 daughters will each get 2 shirts, after they decide which ones they want. The L/XL set will stay sealed as part of my Beatles collection.

I went to 3 Target stores this afternoon. When I found them in the 3rd store I didn't hesitate to quickly spend almost $160. ($19.99 x 8) I think because of the t-shrits I was not charged tax, since clothing is not taxed in New Jersey.

24. JimC

JimC Senior Member

The shirts look cool, but this editing might change my plans about picking these up.

25. Tommyboy

Tommyboy Senior Member

Well, that is why I would like others to weigh in on the matter. Maybe I'm off base, although I don't think so. It does sound like an edit to me.

In spite of the edit, the rest sounds nice to me. I think it's an encouraging sign for the remastered vinyl, whenever Apple gets around to it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.