Beatles Target (store) exclusives

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by dave-gtr, Sep 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. efil2159

efil2159 Forum Resident

Then, sell me the vinyl and the sleeves!:D

2. MILKEY

MILKEY Forum Resident

These do look like Promo's for the "1" release, in Japan they released a 45 already.
    About time we get something, yes I would like a LP reissue set from the 9/9/09 masters
    The only problem with these Promo's is you need the money fast to get them.

3. BeatleStair

BeatleStair Senior Member

I have two local Targets and they had them - about two or three of each title. I bought all four and must say I am so impressed with the quality of the sleeves and the vinyl. And they sound terrific! I love the single mix of "I Am the Walrus" and the vinyl was really quiet as well and a really thick pressing.

They are a tad expensive but I'd rather get good quality reissues of the singles done like this than some of the album reissues.

I have original LPs but my singles aren't in the best shape and are not complete. These are really impressive - love the boxes they come in as well. If you have them at your Target stores most people here who collect vinyl will be thrilled!

:righton:

4. BeatleStair

BeatleStair Senior Member

Two photos of my sets.

Attached Files:

5. mihu

mihu Forum Resident

6. marigoldilemma

marigoldilemma Forum Resident

I shouldn't have used the words "trial balloon"; harbinger is more like it.

7. Chris C

Chris C Music was my first love and it will be my last!

Interesting, reading all of your thoughts. I have to say that the "possible marketing" theory that "dlokazip" noted, in post #90, really doesn't hold much weight and here is why. Pretend that you are standing in TARGET and you saw those for sale, without having read the "inside" information on this forum, (that there are some rare mixes used), you might not buy one or all of them. When I hit TARGET yesterday, I didn't yet know the mono/stereo information and I didn't really want to spend the money on these. I knew, without a doubt, that I wanted the "Hello Goodbye" box, because that is my all-time favorite Beatles song and I never had that picture sleeve. I told my wife that the T-shirt would be hers, because those shirts never fit me anyways. Which brings me to why I bought the "Help" box, I simply liked the look of the T-shirt and I figured that it would look great on my wife.

If any "music industry" person is reading this, please take note. I have not and will never like the idea of packaging clothing, with the sale of a music purchase. Believe me, I have seen this done many times before and especially at Best Buy. It seems to be an "EMI" thing, since it's usually The Beatles or Pink Floyd as artists. I can only imagine that the "brains" of these major labels, have endless meetings, just thinking of new ways to "gimmick" a sale.

8. apple-richard

apple-richard *Overnight Sensation*

My Target had 4 of each, I bought the first set. Here's a photo of the end cap in the music section taken with my 6 year old cell phone. :laugh:

Attached Files:

9. dlokazip

dlokazip Forum Transient

Ugh! I'd hate to think that they would skip Rock And Roll Music and Love Songs but reissue Reel Music. :shake:

On the other hand, film series reissue on Blu-ray? :righton:

Well, it's just a theory. I never said that the guys in the industry were smart. I do believe that it cost them more to press the records than make the t-shirts, so the t-shirts were added to recoup the cost because they couldn't charge $20 for the single alone.

10. Runt

Runt Senior Member

Good luck! Hope everybody can find some of these today. :righton:

11. oboeman123

oboeman123 Well-Known Member

I was thinking about what source these are from. I assumed they would be from the 2009 remasters. But that brings up I am the Walrus. I like that they kept with the original US single version, but did they simply add the extra beat in to the 2009 remasters or is this from a different source? Just thinking out loud.

12. solomon

solomon Forum Resident

Score! Went to two Targets in my area - neither had them on the shelves. I didn't want to ask anyone because the people there usually don't have a clue and I didn't want to go through the whole "What's a vinyl single?" deal. At the second Target I decided to ask but opted to show them the picture of the UPC label from post #71 by dlokazip (brought it up on my phone). The guy punched the code into his electronic thingy and said, "hey, I think we have these in the back." Lo and behold he came out with a small cardboard box with no more than a dozen of these things and I bought a set of the XL versions. Thanks dlokazip! If you guys still can't find these try my method. Maybe they're hiding in the back.

13. apple-richard

apple-richard *Overnight Sensation*

It appears that the box probably had 16 in it. Four of each title, with 2 each of the S/M and 2 each of the L/XL. That was the amount on the end cap of the Target I went to. Wonder how many cases each store got?

I put a picture of the end cap in post #108.

14. dlokazip

dlokazip Forum Transient

Glad that I could help.

15. mike65!

mike65! Senior Member

I just got back from 3 Target stores. Only one had the end cap display set up, but there was no stock. The employee scanned the bar codes, but there was nothing in the warehouse. She said to try again on Wednesday when the next truck comes in. The other two stores didn't even have their end cap displays set up yet.

It seems to me that they may just be getting these out this week for a possible sale item next week. Either way, I'll be checking the stores constantly. If they go on sale next week, I can always bring the receipt back to get the difference refunded.

I agree that the t shirts are secondary. They never fit correctly. I'm in it for the singles, so I'll buy whatever box set sizes I can find.

16. SM7609

SM7609 Forum Resident

Mike, where did you go in Connecticut (which I am assuming you did based on your location)? I'm in Waterbury--it'll save me the trip if you tried there.

17. mike65!

mike65! Senior Member

Ansonia (where the end cap was set up), Milford, and Orange. Trumbull was supposed to have some in stock, but I wasn't going to be driving all over CT. I actually have other things I want to do today.

18. SM7609

SM7609 Forum Resident

Cool...thanks! I'll check Waterbury and report back...

19. emkay

emkay Senior Member

Found these in Paramus, NJ... very cool!

20. Magnolia

Magnolia Forum Resident

Found all four in North Dallas suburb! Thank you all for the heads up. Great find!

21. ksmitty

ksmitty Senior Member

Wow, This sounds like something I want indeed. I got to get over to a Target today ,and hope they have some on the shelf! Thanks for posting this as I never go to Target much and would have probably never knew until after the fact

22. BlueSpeedway

BlueSpeedway YES, I'M A NERD

All we've got in the UK to accompany the "1" reissue is some crappy looking "1" T-shirts displayed next to the CD in HMV for £8 :laugh:

23. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

Me thinks this portends the release of the remasters on vinyl?

Oh wait, the 1 reissue. Damn.

24. HarvG

HarvG Senior Member

Went back and picked up the other three today (purchased CBML last night). What did P.T. Barnum once say? :)

25. That was similar to my experience. I went to a Target in West Hollywood and a helpful employee looked them up. He said they didn't have any but two other Target stores in the area - one on La Cienega and one in Culver City - did, but they were 'in back'. I went to the one on La Cienega and a clerk wentand got them for me.

Anyway, for those in the LA area, you might want to try the store I did, or the one in Cluver City. And be sure to ask them to look in their stock room as they are not out on the floor... yet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.