Beatles Target (store) exclusives

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by dave-gtr, Sep 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dlokazip

dlokazip Forum Transient

I'm as cheap as they come, but I really think these are worth it. T-shirts tend to retail for almost that much anyway. The vinyl and sleeve are of good quality.

Then, there is the selection. "Can't Buy Me Love" is the rarest Capitol sleeve. "Help!" is in true mono. "Hello Goodbye" has a unique edit of "I Am The Walrus" and a great looking sleeve. "Let It Be" is the only one that doesn't quite sell itself.

I think that they got these right. Now, let's see how long they last.

2. Vinylsoul 1965

Vinylsoul 1965 Senior Member

Crap - I was IN a Target yesterday and NEVER saw these...ugh! I very rarely get to a Target and I happened to be in Buffalo yesterday.

Thanks to all who posted photos...looks like I won't be getting these :(

3. HarvG

HarvG Senior Member

Thanks for the posts on this. Just got back from picking up Can't Buy Me Love, the only original sleeve I don't have.

4. Clark Kauffman

Clark Kauffman Forum Resident

I grabbed "Help!" and "Hello Goodbye" today, and saw that the store was already sold out of "Can't Buy Me Love" and the Small/Medium version of "Help!" (Or at least the spot on the shelf for those was already cleaned out. They may have had more stock in the back room, for all I know.)

As others have noted, these are nice, thick-vinyl pressings -- not that thin, hard styrene of the 1960s -- with a rounded lip at the edge, similar to LPs and the mid-90s colored-vinyl singles. It's nice to have "official" versions of the original picture sleeves on heavy card stock that won't wrinkle or easily tear. I've always wanted a complete collection of U.S. 45 sleeves, but of course, they're expensive and there are lots of fakes out there. These Target sleeves may be repros, but they're "official" repros, and very nice ones at that.

I really wish Capitol would re-release all of the Beatles' U.S. singles on vinyl like this, minus the T-shirts. This, at least, is a good start.

Attached Files:

5. supermd

supermd Senior Member

I just saw them at target! I picked up "Hello, Goodbye". I didn't even know they existed. I don't have a vinyl player here at school, though, so it'll have to wait.

I'll be back tomorrow to snag the rest. They had them all at mine, but less than 4 of each.

6. Chip TRG

Chip TRG Senior Member

I may have to pick up CAN'T BUY ME LOVE myself. The detail on the fonts and teh label repro is fantastic.

Has anyone picked up the LET IT BE set?

7. let him run...

let him run... Senior Member

Went to 2 Targets in my area (actually 35 mi. away) they have not seen them yet.
    Bummer!

8. Tommyboy

Tommyboy Senior Member

They aren't stocking them at my local Target.

9. Damiano54

Damiano54 Senior Member

I also didn't see any at the nearest Target.

10. let him run...

Shouldn't that be from the motion picture ''Eight Arms To Hold You''?

and I too would love to se Capitol release all the picture sleeves.

11. hominy

hominy Digital Drifter

I managed to get to my local Target (Just got back) and they didn't have them either. The 3 employees I asked had no idea what I was talking about either. What up?!

12. apple-richard

apple-richard *Overnight Sensation*

The Eight Arms To Hold You was on the Ticket To Ride 45.

I'll check my Target in the morning to see if they have them.

13. Col Kepper

Col Kepper Well-Known Member

Are these legit? I'm wondering if it is worth going to Target to take a look.

14. mike65!

mike65! Senior Member

Hmmm. I have 2 targets within 10 minutes drive of me. Guess there is a morning road trip.

15. readandburn

readandburn Active Member

I would suggest reading this thread from the start.

16. Clark Kauffman

Definitely legit. There are all sorts of Apple and Capitol trademarks on the outer box, and even the (new) white, perimeter print on the 45s indicates a 2011 Apple Records copyright.

17. Clark Kauffman

It just occurred to me that the last time I bought a Beatles 45 at Target was 35 years ago, in 1976, when "Got To Get You Into My Life" was moving up the charts as a single from the "Rock 'n' Roll Music" compilation.

I was a sophomore in high school at that time.

Last week, I got an AARP application in the mail.

18. Tommyboy

Tommyboy Senior Member

Bethel, CT does not have it either.

19. fspadafora

fspadafora Forum Resident

Can we get a closer look at the UPCs for these? I am pretty with the info on there, you can do a stock check, both in store and on the target iphone app. Would probably make it a lot easier for us to track these down. Thanks again for posting, these look great!

20. Chris C

Chris C Music was my first love and it will be my last!

No, right on an inside end cap, in the music (or whatever is left of the music department) section

21. dlokazip

dlokazip Forum Transient

There are no UPCs on the product itself. Here are the two stickers on the shrink wrap. (I had to fish them out of the trash. I may save them, now.)

Attached Files:

22. Chris C

Chris C Music was my first love and it will be my last!

My wife told me to buy all of them and sell them on this forum, but I honestly don't have a lot of luck selling rare stuff on this site, as everybody seems to want everything cheap. By the time I do my research on a reasonable selling price, take photos and type out a sell page thread and then nothing ends up selling, doesn't make it seem worthwhile.

23. let him run...

oh, that's right :agree:

24. JimC

JimC Senior Member

Is this the first "digital" release of the U.S. "I Am the Walrus" single mix?

25. dlokazip

dlokazip Forum Transient

I believe it is! :goodie:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.