Beatles,Stones MFsl Lp's why no 24k gold cd's

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by spotlightkid, Feb 8, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. reidc

reidc Senior Member

Hi All,
    I am not sure if it was mentioned here, or in the newsgroups somewhere, but a fairly good place to listen for distortion in the Stereo "releases" is on the harmonica playing through Please Please Me.

There have been some HDCD re-masters floating around from "Fabulous Sound Labs", and if you listen on Please Please ME, the harmonica sound really distorted.

I broke out my Japanese LP of PPM, and got SOME distortion, but not the extent of the FSL CD.

I also had an mp3, that was purported to be from needle based MFSL, and that had a fair amount of distortion. I pulled out my Standard release MONO PPM, and NO distortion. I did not try listening to the version on any other release(RED).

Try listening on the MFSL LP. I would- but mine is still sealed!

2. Jeffrey

Jeffrey Forum Hall Of Fame

Hi Paul,

Sorry it took me awhile to respond. At first, I felt like you do that prices have run thru the roof and it's too late to score the boxes. The thing is the boxes were @ $350 when they came out in the early 80's and inflation has doubled since that time. So, paying @$700 for a box would be the equivalent amount as the early 80's. The key, of course, is finding a perfect box. What some people call mint on Ebay is just amazing!

The Music Never Stops,
    Jeffrey

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.