Beatles Remasters On Vinyl: Please Post News Here

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by dgsinner, Sep 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. walrus

walrus Staring into nothing

Like was said...stereo. Might pick up a Blue Box at some point if I can get a decent price (feel free to make me an offer :righton:), but I'm much, much more interested in mono.

2. delmonaco

delmonaco Forum Resident

I didn't read the whole tread, so apology if it's already mentioned, but it looks like there is a firm date already, at least for Europe - 12.09.2011:

http://www.jpc.de/jpcng/poprock/detail/-/art/The-Beatles-Vinyl-Boxset-Ltd/hnum/4977644

This is an exellent german online store, and I never had any misleading information or negative expirience with them (I order often, they always pack the vinyl records very good), so I count this as reliable information.

3. Roland S.

Roland S. Forum Resident

Yes. Also the Price looks right for 16 new pressed LP´s.

4. Donutsss

Donutsss Forum Resident

So, no mono box then.. IF they're correct.

5. mycroft

mycroft Forum Resident

JPC does not mention stereo or mono. One could hope..

6. Drifter

Drifter AAD survivor

September 12, 2011 - a mere two years and 3 days after the CDs.

About $350 Canadian or American - these better sound like Audio Heaven.

7. fabtrick

fabtrick New Member

Whatever they do, the artwork better be PRISTINE. Those 80's US pressings of the UK catalog were ATROCIOUS. Particularly BEATLES FOR SALE.

Go back to the original artwork and do it RIGHT.

8. delmonaco

delmonaco Forum Resident

usually the final price is always a bit cheaper. Also I can give you a little tip if you decide to order from jpc.de - go to www.demisroussos.info, clic on "more menu", then clic on "online stores" and clic the jpc.de link - when you enter jpc.de store that way, you will automaticly receive 5 pcts discount of all items in your basket;)

9. Stefan

Stefan Senior Member

Yes, if they do their pricing like Amazon.de, the German VAT is already added in then subtracted during checkout. My Stones 64-60 box was listed by amazon.de as 153 Euros but dropped to 129 Euros once the VAT was removed.

10. mycroft

mycroft Forum Resident

Nice info..thanks:)

11. davidshirt

davidshirt =^,,^=

I sure hope they do a mono set. ....and that's all I can add to this thread. Sorry.

12. +1

Only heard good things from GZ.

13. :agree: :righton:

14. stereoguy

stereoguy Its Gotta Be True Stereo!

What is this nonsense that the Stereo Vinyl box "may" be cut from the hi-res Digital masters?? For Petes Sake, cut BOTH the mono and the stereo versions from the ANALOG masters for release on vinyl!!!!!!! I mean, Come On!!

I'd buy the stereo vinyl box, and I'd pay a high price, BUT ONLY if its 100% analog all the way.

Why they cant see that Vinyl fans want 100% analog is beyone me....thats the REASON we play vinyl.

15. Bronth

Bronth Active Member

Cool tip, thanks! :cheers: An excellent store, indeed.

16. Interesting thread. Not sure how I missed it the first time. I love the way the Stones DSD vinyl sounds. Before hearing those, I never thought I would enjoy digitally-sourced vinyl.

17. TLMusic

TLMusic Musician & record collector

That's what I'm saying too: 100% analog vinyl, please.

Perhaps the rest of the world (including those who make technical decisions at EMI) just don't care...

18. Barnabas Collins

Barnabas Collins Senior Member

I agree. The new Stones ABKCO box sounds great to me. I'm glad I'm over my digiphobia. While I'd be perfectly thrilled if a new Beatles box is cut fully analog, it's probably not going to happen.

At any rate, if there's no chance that a mono box comes out of all this, I'm just sticking with my BC-13 collection. For stereo, it works for me just fine...

19. MILKEY

MILKEY Forum Resident

Once again I'll say==
    Why does everyone think Beatles vinyl is coming.
    There only money machine is iTunes now.

20. mycroft

mycroft Forum Resident

Have you read #927?

21. schelti

schelti Forum Resident

I don't know what everybody thinlks, but I'm hoping for a new Beatles Box on vinyl. Dylan and the Stones did release their 60's music on vinyl last year.

The Beatles boxes have sold quite well on cd, so if you have any proof for your statement about money and iTunes, I would like to know.

22. stereoguy

stereoguy Its Gotta Be True Stereo!

>>>Ok....3 times. We get it.

23. Buckyball

Buckyball Forum Resident

Or post 896?

24. william shears

william shears Senior Member

Of course he hasn't. That's too sensible.

25. Yovra

Yovra Collector of Beatles Threads

This is the prime example of what is I call a "Beatlesque" thread; officially nothing is stated, but pressing plants are being named, comparisons are being made with other recent vinyl reissues, some record store's issue dates are mentioned...
    Wow!
    Well there's going to be a part 2 on the basis of THAT pretty soon!:D Maybe halfway that one we may expect some real news!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.