Beatles Remasters on Vinyl (part4)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by MilesSmiles, Sep 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Raf

Raf Senior Member

:laugh: :righton:

2. PH416156

PH416156 Alea Iacta Est

:D :laugh: :laugh: :thumbsup:

3. mono-o-mono

mono-o-mono Forum Resident

Double lps? Why would EMI go through the trouble of recreating every detail of the original vinyl sleeves and record labels and then make a double lp gatefold that never existed for Help and Rubber Soul? I think the fans are pretty particular about packaging details.

Frankly I don't understand why the original mixes are not going to used for this vinyl box set. If they used the 60's mixes it would actually make this stereo set somewhat special but I digress... In my experience the twenty something kids that are buying records generally don't give a crap about original mixes or sound quality. Records are popular but this is a novelty for them. Either way no one that buys this set will make a fuss if the original mixes are used. Audiophiles and Beatles collectors however will care a lot if the original mixes are not used.

As far as seeing the original stereo mixes in the mono box, I wouldn't count on it but who knows. Ideally I'd like to see a mono only collection with a Yellow Submarine EP.

4. BlueSpeedway

BlueSpeedway YES, I'M A NERD

classic! :laugh: can't you post more often? made me laugh on a grey grumbly london evening..

5. Onder

Onder Senior Member

Regarding the original stereo mixes of Help and Rubber Soul being included in mono box...
    Isn't it that EMI has to include them in the mono box since that is the version of mono box as approved by Apple? No other option. If I'm getting it right they can't change anything unless they have new approval by Apple which they don't want to get, that's why we're not getting new all analog mastering on vinyl.
    Or is the consistency rule only about the audio and not the contents?

Ondra

6. abbeyrdsteve

abbeyrdsteve Forum Resident

The mono CD boxes were supposed to be very limited and they're still around.

7. James_S888

James_S888 Forum Resident

how on earth can LPs not yet released be generating this much traffic????!!!!!!

:eek: :eek: :eek:

8. James_S888

James_S888 Forum Resident

I Mean, no one has even heard them yet

what's it going to be like come november and they get released???

9. Pinknik

Pinknik Senior Member

This is just an Aspergers / OCD forum masquerading as a music forum. Didn't you know?

*** burgers. Heh, heh, yeah. Poop!

10. John Carsell

John Carsell Forum Resident

Good point.

EMI should have the originals in a separate LP jacket as apposed to a gatefold. That way people that don't want them in there can just take 'em out. And for those that do just leave them.

11. proufo

proufo Forum Resident

We're gonna need a bigger forum.

12. tagomago

tagomago Original Wrapper

Well, maybe that's why they do the forum upgrade ;)

13. DLedin

DLedin Forum Resident

To stay competitive, Music Direct has decided to go with free shipping on this box set now.

14. proufo

proufo Forum Resident

And cheap.

15. MusicIsLove

MusicIsLove formerly CSNY~MusicIsLove

The purpose the BC-13 served (a more affordable alternative to the original UK stereo pressings on vinyl) is going to be filled by the new vinyl. The new vinyl is also being marketed toward the audiophile market. Only those who care about having an analog pressing, not caring if it is an original or re-issue, would want the BC-13. It also a convenient way to get all the albums in one shot. The reality is that this new vinyl is going to greatly decrease the need to track down a BC-13.

16. John D.

John D. Senior Member

pages 45 and 46 of Beatles Remasters on Vinyl, part 3

17. dobyblue

dobyblue Forum Resident

I read the part where he admits that he hasn't heard all of it, but didn't say anything about how much he has heard, nor WHAT he heard in terms of which tracks, what album, etc. Not an awful lot to go on.

I think what we've ascertained is that we're getting a more dynamic version of the 2009 remasters from a higher resolution source with the exception of H! and RS.

I will probably cancel my pre-order of the Stereo box and just get the couple titles I want, save me cash for the Mono set.

18. John Carsell

John Carsell Forum Resident

That's For sure. There's always some people around here that can't decide whether something sounds good or not unless he says so.

I'll be happy to judge them for myself.

19. Jake!

Jake! Active Member

+1

20. John D.

John D. Senior Member

Seems like everybody is getting into the swing of digital sourced vinyl. :confused:

21. dminches

dminches Forum Resident

Fortunately no one is forcing you to buy it.

22. mpayan

mpayan A Tad Rolled Off

Can someone please provide a link to the official press statement article? (Sorry if this has been done)

Since the stereo lps and Im assuming the mono lps will also be released individually; I wonder if the original stereo mixes of the lps Help! and Rubber Soul will be also? Or will they make these two pieces a "gotcha" item and only place it in the mono set?

I wonder if the mono box set lps will even be sold individually at all?

I doubt Ill buy the stereo box. I bought four of the blue boxes to get good stampers over the years. And yes, the other three are sold..sorry.

This thread reminds me of when the remasters were first announced. This will probably go to a couple of dozen threads also. Cool by me :). As far as them not being analogue sourced. I dont know why anyone thought they would be in the first place. I got over that long time ago. Nice to see these will not be limited..meaning sound quality. At least that gives a little bit more coolness factor and exitement that these may sound somewhat more to my liking than the stereo cds. Ill buy a couple of the stereo lps for comparisons sake. Maybe Ill be surprised.

23. nightenrock

nightenrock Forum Resident

http://www.thebeatles.com/#/news/Vinyl/

24. mpayan

mpayan A Tad Rolled Off

25. mpayan

mpayan A Tad Rolled Off

Ok I read the official press release..where are people getting that limiting will not be used? Is that stated somewhere else in an article? My apologies again if Im slow to board the beatle boat..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.