Beatles Remasters on Vinyl, part 3, etc.

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Larry Johnson, Sep 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

But for $22.99 we surely won't be getting the original box version of the UK Let It Be album. Am I right in presuming this? Arnie

2. The hi-res versions were already released on the Apple thumb drive in 24/44.1. I doubt that HD Tracks will be getting these files.

You can buy the USB drive for about $250.

3. I'm on the fence. Maybe. If they sound good, I probably will. I'm sure Fremer will have something to say on Music Angle.

4. jedilips00

jedilips00 non-exist-ent

If Amazon hits this at their usual 30% off, I may bite. I'll keep my eyes peeled.

5. crossroads69

crossroads69 Senior Member

So far, I've managed to keep myself out of spending $$ on vinyl and having an analog set-up. But if these reissues turn out to be tops in terms of sound, then I will be very much tempted to buy my first turntable......damn those Beatles! :)

6. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

7. James_S888

James_S888 Forum Resident

I'm not sure people with original parlaphones will be in the market for these.
    Will be interesting to see how they sound.

8. MikeyH

MikeyH Stamper King

We'll have to wait for more info on the actual resolution, but...

given the 'post tape' futzing needed to make the vinyl work (as compared to 'printing to CD' as it were) it would make some sense to process the approved 192/24 files (which, IIRC, are somewhat definitive but missing some slight touches that were basically to appease the CD format like some NR and compression) and cut those to disc.

A pity Fremer hasn't yet sussed out the pressing location. Might be tough to make enough. They made it with DSOTM, disaster though that was in some ways.

9. MusicIsLove

MusicIsLove formerly CSNY~MusicIsLove

And overpriced. Nothing to see here unfortunately.

10. proufo

proufo Forum Resident

I'd guess the massaging required to go from 24/192 to vinyl requires a master's touch, even (or perhaps more so) if the analog source tapes' range is limited.

Here's hoping they spent the money on a suitable resource.

11. dirtymac

dirtymac Forum Resident

All analog would have been ideal, but not going in that direction does not automatically mean that these will be bad. It'll be nice to have another option, another sonic landscape to explore for this peerless catalog. Just as it's fun to switch between UK originals, German pressings, a few Capitol pressings, solid state cuts, tube cuts, etc., I think these records will be yet another interesting variation to have. Always good to have yet another reason to listen to The Fabs. And at around $20 a pop, I think all fans of the group who have a turntable owe it to themselves to at least try a title or two.

MONO would have been cool, but I bet it'll happen eventually and the wait won't be as long as it was from Sept 09 until now. Been waiting a long time for this news, glad to finally have the chance to hear these very soon.

12. Yankee8156

Yankee8156 Senior Member

Limited. :laugh:

13. Curiosity

Curiosity Just A Boy

It won't be long. :angel:

14. Demolition Man

Demolition Man Forum Resident

Mono or bust for me. Especially for Rubber Soul.

15. Do people really pay 'hundreds of dollars' for stereo Japan Beatle LPs?

16. dolstein

dolstein Senior Member

Even if these LPs were cut directly from the 192/24 files (or from an analog tape copy of the 192/24 files), one problem is that in the case of Help! and Rubber Soul, the "master" tape was itself a digital recording with a much lower resolution than 192/24.

17. Curiosity

Curiosity Just A Boy

Plus they are the digital remixes which some of us have issues with.:sigh:

18. MikeP5877

MikeP5877 Senior Member

Will they fix the screw-ups on the A Hard Day's Night album?

Will the upper frequencies to "She Said She Said" be restored?

Will these have correct polarity?

Will there be a press release?

Tune in tomorrow....same Beatle-time, same Beatle-station....

19. bhazen

bhazen GOO GOO GOO JOOB

What will the intro of the stereo "A Hard Day's Night" sound like? That will tell the tale immediately...

20. blind_melon1

blind_melon1 An erotic adventurer of the most deranged kind....

So this is why they're upgrading the forum!

21. Amnesiac

Amnesiac Forum Resident

Hm. I'll buy Pastmasters, and if I like that, I might buy more. I haven't started a Beatles collection yet.

Will this make the original pressings less expensive?

22. Thurenity

Thurenity Listening to some tunes

An excellent question. My guess is that they these LP's will definitely pull the casual buyer out of the old LP buying picture, at least for the short-term and assuming these re-issues stay in print for a few years. Couple that with generally good sonic reviews (if that occurs) and it's almost a certainty.

But collectors and vinyl fanatics will still be searching for and buying first pressings and Blue Boxes, I'm sure. I don't think they'll drop much in price if at all. And there's still the early US pressings which are completely different than these UK pressings and will still likely command the almost-silly prices they currently do.

23. moops

moops Senior Member

12 albums, set costs $400.00 ......... that's $33 1/3 dollars per album ..... weird.

24. proufo

proufo Forum Resident

That would be very cool, but the number of albums is 14.:shh:

25. Thurenity

Thurenity Listening to some tunes

The price is still not quite right - 12 LPs x $23 USD + 2 @ $35 USD = $346.00 USD if buying separate (I'm assuming all the single LP's are $23 USD?). So what is one getting extra with the boxed set? Just the DVD? I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.