Beatles Remasters on Vinyl, part 3, etc.

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Larry Johnson, Sep 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pbda

pbda Forum Resident

This box does not entice me.

2. proufo

proufo Forum Resident

"The first hold-ups were due to finding a pressing plant that could consistently produce the level of quiet demanded by the producers".

A single pressing plant for all the world?

3. MekkaGodzilla

MekkaGodzilla Forum Resident

No Press Release = No Sale

;)

4. PH416156

PH416156 Alea Iacta Est

no mono:

maybe this time these are really "limited"

5. goldwax

goldwax Rega | Cambridge | Denafrips | Luxman | Dynaudio

I've got a Blue Box, German MMT, Die Beatles and UK Blue and Red Albums. And I got all of them for just under $300! I think I'm set as far as Beatles stereo vinyl is concerned.

6. proufo

proufo Forum Resident

It's hard to believe that the producers were so myopic.

My guess and hope (for the human race) is that the did all the remastering at 24/192 and converted to redbook at the very end.

7. John Carsell

John Carsell Forum Resident

"Authentic, jaw-dropping sound guaranteed to rival the original LPs." :sigh:

We'll see about that.

8. Natt

Natt Forum Resident

Is that Fremer's personal money back guarantee or a rhetorical turn of phrase that means nothing? I'm betting on the latter...

9. ridernyc

ridernyc Forum Resident

They numbered the singles boxes and still pressed an extra 25,000 thousand of them.

I'l wait until next year when all the stores start slashing prices and taking a loss on these just to clear them out of the store.

10. dasacco

dasacco Senior Member

Wait'll you see the enormous four foot x four foot "Box Of Vision" they are gonna make for these! :)

I'm buying them. It's the Beatles, no need to stop now.

11. SammyJoe

SammyJoe Up The Irons!

12. seed_drill

seed_drill Senior Member

I think it's really cool that high quality vinyl issues are again available. That doesn't mean that I have any intention of buying them. I've got the MoFi, I've got the top loader white album and Horzu MMT, later UK stereo pressings of the first four, a Japanese Abbey Road, UK 1st pressings for Revolver and Rubber Soul. The mono and stereo cd boxes. Many other variations that I can't recall off the top of my head.

In short, I'm Beatled out. Absent something musically new, like the Glyn John's Get Back sessions, I'm not buying. But, as I said, it is good that these are out. They should always be in print on lp.

13. proufo

proufo Forum Resident

I thought so, but reading about this issue does bring an itch. :angel:

14. MemoInPR

MemoInPR Señor Memo

15. Thurenity

Thurenity Listening to some tunes

So is anyone here actually going to actually pre-order the boxed set? :eek:

I'm debating buying one LP to test the waters, especially if the boxed set really only gets you an actual box as the "extra" for buying all at once. I guess that remains to be seen. But as for the rest, I'll likely wait it out - I'm guessing that these will sell but I'd be surprised if they were gone in a month. But who knows?

Didn't see this initially. So at least one buyer. :D

16. Jim B.

Jim B. Senior Member

+1

I think these will sell really well, and just in time for the Xmas market.

17. dasacco

dasacco Senior Member

18. Grant

Grant Life is a rock, but the radio rolled me!

OMG! Just when I thought we'd never have to deal with Beatlemania on this forum again.

I guess a lot of Luddites will now be forced to open up Twitter and Facebook accounts to discuss the new LPs while Rudy installs the new forum software! :D

19. celticbob

celticbob Forum Resident

20. TommyTunes

TommyTunes Senior Member

Count me out on the stereo set, I just completed a set of 1EMI Flip back -1 & -2 stampers, plus I still have a sealed 1978 Blue Box and a Japanese Blue Box. now if a mono set happens I'll go for it.

21. Thurenity

Thurenity Listening to some tunes

Rudy should delay the upgrade to November 12th.

:hide:

22. proufo

proufo Forum Resident

Ongoing internal rationalization process: eventually, my best sounding chain will be my analog rig, so considering that I like the remasters very much the best way to enjoy them would be this issue.

23. hodgo

hodgo Tea Making Gort (Yorkshire Branch) Staff

+1

Aside from "The White Album", "Let it Be" and "Abbey Road" I've no interest in the stereo box on vinyl, the CD set will do me for that, but I would like all the Mono albums on vinyl along with the three stereo titles listed above.

24. attym

attym Forum Resident

I don't see any reason not to wait for the reviews to roll in here before I consider which titles to go for if any.

25. apple-richard

apple-richard *Overnight Sensation*

I want the Capitol albums damnit! :mad:;)

No really I'm serious.:realmad:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.