Beatles Remasters on Vinyl, part 3, etc.

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Larry Johnson, Sep 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dolstein

dolstein Senior Member

The most annoying thing is that the press release leaves out a critical piece of information. While it's clear that these pressings are sourced from the same digital conversions as the CDs, it makes a big difference whether they were sourced from hi rez digital (192/24) or red book. It's the difference between the Rolling Stones ABCKO LP box set (source from DSD) and the Virgin box set (sourced from red book).

2. Thurenity

Thurenity Listening to some tunes

It's about time!!! :D

Now even though I've thought about this moment endlessly, I'm going to have to think about it some more. Pre-order now, or wait until later to see if the price drops. Hmm......

3. Abbagold

Abbagold Working class hero

Well....it's here. ho-hum.

4. Sam

Sam Senior Member

Yeah, that's what I said in another thread. Give me a break! I was burned once already in that regard. It would be nice if they numbered 'em. But all that doesn't really matter if the sound is top notch. And, of course, that remains to be seen. Lots of competition with past vinyl in that regard. Of course, if it's anything like the Stones 63-69 vinyl set, then they will be winners. WHAT I REALLY WANT IS 45 RPM PRESSINGS OF EACH TITLE. Now that would be something to really jump up and down about.

5. All Rights

All Rights Senior Member

"Compression was also used sparingly and only on the stereo versions to preserve the sanctity of the dynamics."

Looks like the same copy that was used in 2009 except for the parts about vinyl.
    Did they leave this in by mistake or is there a Mono planned?

6. ManFromCouv

ManFromCouv Employee #3541

Not interested. Even 'augmented with a magnetic clasp' doesn't sway me.

7. it's not a bad price for 16 records
    and once the Chinese counterfeits
    start undermining the market
    the price will get better

8. delmonaco

delmonaco Forum Resident

Each album features original U.K. vinyl album artwork, original U.K. track listings, expanded booklets containing original and newly penned liner notes, recording notes, rare photos, and fold-out packaging. Everything comes housed in a tall, glossy, hard black lift-top case augmented with a magnetic clasp.

This is copy-pasted from the CD stereo boxset anouncement 3 years ago.."expanded booklets"?, "fold-out packaging"?; "tall glossy bla bla bla?

9. Just read the product listing on Music Direct's website which confirms the use of digital masters, as opposed to Music Direct's vague email blurb.

10. glide

glide Forum Resident

Pass.

11. cwsiggy

cwsiggy Forum Resident

:laugh:

12. therockman

therockman Senior Member In Memoriam

Funny, when I read The Music Direct page, 24/192 just stuck out like a sore thumb.

13. bferr1

bferr1 Forum Resident

Wasn't 24/192 considered good enough for the Stones' '60s box?

14. sathvyre

sathvyre formerly known as ABBAmaniac

I am only interested in a MONO box - STERSO pressings are available in countless versions...I don't want to buy the stereos again...I am lucky with my early pressings !!! But I would definitely buy a MONO box set !!!

15. ssmith3046

ssmith3046 Forum Resident

Pass for me. I like my mono Parlophone pressings just fine.

16. MemoInPR

MemoInPR Señor Memo

17. cwsiggy

cwsiggy Forum Resident

Where will these be pressed??? Where does EMI press??

18. bubba-ho-tep

bubba-ho-tep Resident Ne'er-Do-Well

I wouldn't be a bit surprised it these were sourced from the red book files. Three years since the CD reissues and this is the best they can come up with??

<edit> Just caught the Fremer quote above. I think I'll hold out for the potential blu-ray release.

19. AdamChanSiuLung

AdamChanSiuLung Forum Resident

I want this, but I won't be able to afford it after getting the forthcoming CD box set of original music from the Star Trek 1960s series. Hopefully I'll be able to get a copy if I have a decent tax refund.

20. Big Pasi

Big Pasi Forum Resident

On Past Masters the tracklisting shows it goes from Sie Liebt Dich to Day Tripper...

Just an error?

21. Buddhahat

Buddhahat Forum Resident

I'll hold out for a mono box, but may get stereo White album, Abbey Road & Let It Be. These are sold separately right?

22. Mistermono

Mistermono Forum Resident

Yet in the comments sections someone claims:

The original tapes were transfered flat to 24/192... BUT... the mastered versions (EQ'd and level adjusted) were printed back to 24/44.1. That means the highest resolution that the approved mastered versions exist in is 24/44.1. Please let your ensuing review reflect that.

Just throwing that out there. I wouldn't know.

23. proufo

proufo Forum Resident

:righton: +1, I think...

24. stenway

stenway Forum Resident

fast question:
    exist some versions of the blue box right? whats the best one? or all have the same sound?

25. MemoInPR

MemoInPR Señor Memo

Yes, they are sold separately. At the Music Direct site, $22.99 for single LPs, $34.99 for double LP.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.