beatles mono box how do you spot a fake?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by fitzysbuna, Feb 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ok guys thank you. Just One final question, could the fakes have the same matrix numbers? No more after this !

2. Tommyboy

Tommyboy Senior Member

Why don't you contact someone at Apple/EMI.

I don't think a fake would have the same matrix numbers.

3. How would I go about contacting them ? Am I just being silly and going over the top ?

4. jamesmaya

jamesmaya Senior Member

I wonder if EMI is going after these counterfeiters.

5. Do i need to contact emi ?

6. Uncle Al

Uncle Al Senior Member

I wouldn't - your set sounds like the real deal. What you should do is.... have a brandy, dear boy!

7. Scooterpiety

Scooterpiety Ars Gratia Artis

Like I said, the contents of a bogus mono box looks extremely shoddy. If you have no problem with the overall quality of the set, I'm pretty sure you have the real thing there. Enjoy it!

8. Thank you everyone. I kept on but i appreciate all your answers and help. I think i need a large brandy !

9. My wife thinks I'm completely mad. she said to me "You bought it from Amazon, why would a big company sell you a fake, your being ridiculous".

Probably right :(

10. Mylene

Mylene Senior Member

My fake has this same inner but in ALL the CDs (even Mono Masters)

11. Jim B.

Jim B. Senior Member

At this point I think even if Paul McCartney delivered a set in person to your door you'd still not believe you had a genuine set. What is the point in emailing emi?

Your wife is right. You need to stop worrying. Life is far too short.

12. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

Since McCartney's a fake himself, that'd be no guarantee! :laugh:

Robert Parker and stonesstein like this.
  13. Oatsdad

Gbeers has 92 posts - HALF of them are in this thread, and all of them are fretting about the nature of his set.

Like others have said about 1000 times: your set's clearly genuine. Stop worrying about it!

14. You are right Jim and Oatsdad. EMI probably won't tell me anything different from everyone else here. Sorry everyone for keeping on, and thank you for your help. I need to except i more than likely have a legit copy and get on with things. :sigh:

15. in the middle of the discs, the clear plastic, is there a little something written on the bottom? Can't make out what it is. Like its engraved on the plastic. Has the matrix numbers around just off centre, which i posted in the thread earlier. Getting obsessed and panicky over this still.

16. Drifter

Drifter AAD survivor

17. PH416156

PH416156 Alea Iacta Est

Gbeers, I understand your concern but stop worrying. You have a legit one. Enjoy your box set!

:wave:

Drifter likes this.
  18. I keep getting stressed out by it. Keep checking the art work and CD's. The middle has something engraved on it, maybe a number ? Very small. No worried this is a Chinese counterfeit ! Feel sick with worry now !! Reset seems ok. Scared to listen to it.:(

19. Mylene

Mylene Senior Member

Can I purchase the film rights for this thread???

20. the film rights ?

21. Oatsdad

:sigh:

YOUR SET IS REAL! MOVE ON!!!

Drifter likes this.
  22. TheCassidy

TheCassidy New Member

But what if it isn't?

OMG OMG OMG OMG...

Seriously man, if you're THAT worried, which you shouldn't be, go buy a verified legit copy somewhere, loosen your posterior and enjoy listening to it.

Music isn't supposed to make you anxious. ;)

23. How can I be sure its real ? What about this engraved text/numbers ? Could be a counterfeit. Then there's the odd light scratch. It does make me Anxious ! :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.