Beatles Box Sets Price Watch

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by dbacon, Jul 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pig whisperer

pig whisperer CD Member

Amazon Japan currently has them listed at these prices.

Mono -- 39,800 Yen
    Stereo - 29,356 Yen

2. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

= $430.00, 308€, 264 UK sterling

3. steveharris

steveharris Senior Member

I sent them an email, I`m positive Amazon will honor the lowest price.Just to be on the safe side in case I simply canceled and reordered the mono box.Beatlemania paranoia for ya!:shrug:

4. Jack White

Jack White Senior Member

I believe the only claim for a 'limited edition' is that for the mono box set (and the titles in that box set are not being sold individually).

5. Robert Lan

Robert Lan Forum Resident

Note that those prices are for the Japanese pressings.

Without VAT:

¥27,958 for the Stereo set
    ¥37,905 for the Mono set

International P&P for both sets is ¥2,000.

Total for both sets comes to ¥67,863 (~ USD$733/CAD$852/AUD$940/£452/€526/R$1,476).

6. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

Will Amazon be able to fill all of it's orders for the Mono box? If there are only 10,000 won't they be limited in how many they can get from EMI?

7. stereoptic

stereoptic Anaglyphic GORT Staff

8. stereoptic

to quote the ad: "Do not delay - Beatles reissues sell out quick!", Yeah, there have been so many CD reissues..:rolleyes:

9. mavisgold

mavisgold Senior Member

search amazon for beatles mono & beatles stereo

10. mavisgold

mavisgold Senior Member

Pre-Order Price Guarantee

Amazon.com's price for not-yet-released items sometimes changes between the time the item is listed for sale and the time it is released and shipped. Whenever you pre-order a book, CD, video, DVD, video game, or software item, the price we charge when we ship it to you will be the lowest price offered by Amazon.com between the time you place your order and the release date. The order summary in Your Account will reflect the lowest price within 24 hours of the price change.

Please note that our Pre-Order Price Guarantee applies only to items sold by Amazon.com, and not to items (or prices) offered by other sellers on our site.

If your order enters the shipping process before the release date and the price is lowered on the release date, we will automatically refund your credit card for the difference between the price you were charged and the release-date price. If you did not use a credit card to pay for your order, please contact customer service through the Contact Us box on the right side of any Help page.

11. ynnek4

ynnek4 Forum Resident

me too.

12. misterbozz

misterbozz Senior Member

Japanese mono version is pricey, over 3000JPY a disc. The natives will be buying the European and US versions.
    Mind you they will make the Mini-LPs better I bet..

13. mark f.

mark f. Senior Member

Do we know for sure that the Japanese art work will be any different?

I zoomed in on the photo at Amazon. Despite the fact that they are probably just showing prototypes the design looks pretty nice on each album.

I think this may be different than the case with the Capitol Albums Vol 2 set. This time I wonder if the artwork will be the same worldwide?

14. John Carsell

John Carsell Forum Resident

:agree:

15. pig whisperer

pig whisperer CD Member

No kidding. That was alexpop's question ;)

Only one price these days. Taxes are included. I just checked a recent CD and it only has the 1,100 Yen price.

My CDs will go in slim cases. The mini-LP sleeves will go in a closet so I don't have to "mess" around with them.

16. Robert Lan

Robert Lan Forum Resident

No need to check. :)

17. Spyder

Spyder Official vinyl solicitor and connoisseur.

I correct my previous post .... here are the revised initial orders ....

ABBEY ROAD (REMASTERED) 140,000
    BEATLES FOR SALE (REMASTERED) 40,000
    BEATLES MONO BOX SET (LIMITED) 10,000
    BEATLES STEREO BOX SET 30,000

BEATLES, THE (WHITE ALBUM)(REMASTERED) 75,000
    HARD DAY'S NIGHT, A (REMASTERED) 50,000
    HELP! (REMASTERED) 50,000
    LET IT BE (REMASTERED) 50,000
    MAGICAL MYSTERY TOUR (REMASTERED) 50,000
    PAST MASTERS VOL I AND VOL II (REMASTERED - 2CD) 50,000
    PLEASE PLEASE ME (REMASTERED) 40,000
    REVOLVER (REMASTERED) 100,000
    RUBBER SOUL (REMASTERED) 100,000
    SGT. PEPPERS LONELY HEARTS CLUB BAND (REMASTERED) 135,000
    WITH THE BEATLES (REMASTERED) 40,000
    YELLOW SUBMARINE (REMASTERED) 40,000

18. stereoptic

thanks, that worked, but it took about 4 tries to pre-order. amazon kept displaying an error and nothing showed up in my cart. It's there now!

19. EveryLittleThing

EveryLittleThing New Member

It took a little over 24 hours, but Amazon did lock me into the lower price.

In retrospect, it was silly to worry... but I got 4 fillings put in yesterday, on 2 hours of sleep. That'd scramble just about anybody's brain! :winkgrin:

20. FatherMcKenzie

FatherMcKenzie Forum Resident

Regarding amazon.com and the lowering of your pre-order to match the lowest price, I have found that once the order is shipped at the price you pre-ordered it, then amazon gives you a refund to the card you charged it to.

Now, I'm not saying this happens all the time, but over the years, I have received credit/refunds to my purchases a few days to a week after it's been shipped.

Personally, I don't have a problem with the timing of this.

They do honor their guarantee.

I recently got refunds of $.99 each for my pre-order of the Black Sabbath deluxe editions ('Black Sabbath' and 'Master of Reality'). This ws $.99 less than the already discounted price on their web site at the time I pre-ordered. I point this out because they will refund even the tiniest amounts. Yes, I have received much higher amounts as well.

Nothing to get hung up about.

21. Batears52

Batears52 Senior Member

There really isn't one anymore...near where I live. There was a local chain, but they closed their store in my area.

I agree - and if they do, how many can they afford?

I ordered from Amazon - hopefully I'll get my order.

I wonder if the quantities are for the intial run of boxes that will be "numbered". I can't see Apple or EMI turning away money. The key is here is managing inventory. (I can remember seeing dozens of Capitol Years sets in my local Best Buy for months after the sales were done on those.) They want to make sure they can satisfy orders thru the Christmas season. After that I could see them dropping the Mono box.

That's the million-dollar question! Most of us would sleep better knowing we were getting one.

See my post above...I have to think that they will produce more...just not numbered. They HAVE to be able to manage this thru Christmas & early January. The last thing EMI wants is thousands of box sets sitting on store shelves & in warehouses after the holidays.

Another million-dollar question! The 10,000 number is for the US.

Is this what Capitol ordered initially for the US? It seems to be roughly proportional to how the titles have sold historically. Wouldn't they be able to increase those quantities as pre-orders come in from their customers? Plus, I wonder when new release customer orders are due on these. Anyone with connections at Capitol could probably put some minds at ease here.

Dexter

22. IIRC IORR

IIRC IORR Forum Resident

I got the exact same prices on my pre-order placed on June 23rd

Order #: ###-#######-#######
    Delivery Method: Air Mail
    Delivery Preference: Group my items into as few deliveries as possible
    Subtotal of Items: £254.41
    Postage & Packing: £4.07
    ------
    Total before VAT: £258.48
    VAT: £0.00
    ------
    Total: £258.48
    Promotional Gift Certificates: -£0.00
    ------
    Total for this order: £258.48

Delivery estimate: 16 Sep 2009 - 22 Sep 2009
    Dispatch estimate for these items: 8 Sep 2009

1 "The Beatles Remastered Stereo Boxset"
    The Beatles; Audio CD; £117.03

1 "The Beatles In Mono"
    The Beatles; Audio CD; £137.38

23. Pawnmower

Pawnmower Senior Member

if this is truly this limited and amazon has to do it on a first come first serve basis, you might not want to be canceling and reordering. amazon will honor the price.. don't worry. they may not always update in a timely manner, but they always stick to their word in these situations. i've never had a problem.

24. You are very fortunate sir.

I've ordered items in the reverse direction from amazon.com in the US and whilst individual items with low cost are pretty much left alone, as soon as there is a hint of a more expensive items, customs charges are imposed and our ever helpful postal service also imposes a completely unreasonable fee for collecting these charges.!

Best Wishes
    David

25. emkay

emkay Senior Member

What is the source for these numbers? And how are they generally adjusted closer to an actual release date?

Maybe I'm WAAAAAYYY off here, but I think some of these numbers are a little on the low side. I could be wrong -- you'd think there was plenty of research and comparison. They know, for example, what the Stones ABKCO stuff sold when it came out so that's kind of a guideline I guess. But the difference (wildcard) here is the videogame. I think it's gonna generate more interest in these albums than JUST a re-release and I can potentially see some titles selling out kind of quickly. Not in days, mind you, but sure enough within a couple of weeks.

75,000 copies of the White album seems especially low! It's 2009 -- surely they don't think price is gonna depress its sales.

Then again, I may have no sense of proportion when it comes to the current music market.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.