Beatles Box Sets Price Watch

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by dbacon, Jul 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fmuakkassa

fmuakkassa Dr. M

From Elusive Disc website
    "Numbered & Limited to 10,000 copies in the U.S.! "

If this is true for the US, then worldwide limit would be much higher.

2. Galaga King

Galaga King "Drive where the cops ain't"

Remastered by Guy Massey, Steve Rooke, Sam Okell with Paul Hicks and Sean Magee

3. If there's only 10,000 US, I doubt many indie stores will ever get any.

4. Spyder

Spyder Official vinyl solicitor and connoisseur.

Actually, according to the label, the initial order is (for the U.S.):
    11,000 MONO sets
    33,000 STEREO sets

5. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

Does Elusive disc charge your credit card for pre order?

6. Pawnmower

Pawnmower Senior Member

I would be stunned if Target or Wal Mart got any mono boxes.

You just want to be more safe than sorry when it comes to scoring this top release.

7. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

I can't even find this on Amazon. Whats Uh the deal?

8. mne563

mne563 Senior Member

I agree with you, but my experience has been that each Best Buy around here will probably order two or three stereo box sets and that will be it. After a few weeks, the BB geniuses will figure out that more people want this thing. Best Buy doesn't want the first day business anymore (like they used to), they are expecting first day sales to come from other online retailers. They will probably obtain stock for Christmastime.

Sorry if I sound bitter, but they are in no way what they used to be. And it is also a far cry from the mom and pop record stores that they themselves destroyed.

It's going to be Amazon for me.

9. David P. Hill

David P. Hill Forum Resident

Just got this email today from Elusive Disc on their box set prices!

We are pleased to announce that The Beatles Mono & Stereo CD Box Sets are now available for Pre-Order at www.elusivedisc.com. We now have current details and pricing for both versions of The Beatles box sets that are scheduled to be release on September 9, 2009 on our webstore. Click the links below to Pre-Order or to find out more information about each box set. We will also be announcing these sets on our regular Elusive Disc Newsletter today.

The Beatles / The Beatles (Stereo) 16CD + DVD Box Set
    http://www.elusivedisc.com/prodinfo.asp?number=EMICDB99449

The Beatles / The Beatles In Mono 13CD Box Set
    http://www.elusivedisc.com/prodinfo.asp?number=EMICDB99451 Number limited to onyl 10,000 units

Thanks,
    Scott

Thank you!
    Scott Warpool [mailto:[email protected]]
    Director of Publications
    Elusive Disc, Inc.
    4020 Frontage Rd
    Anderson, IN 46013
    Webstore: http://www.elusivedisc.com
    Toll Free Orders: 800-782-3472
    Info or International orders: 765-608-5340
    Fax: 765-608-5341

10. orthobiz

orthobiz Forum Resident

Can someone please post links to the box sets on Amazon? My search capabilities are quite limited tonite!

Thanks,

Paul

11. David P. Hill

David P. Hill Forum Resident

12. Pawnmower

Pawnmower Senior Member

just type in "beatles stereo box" and "beatles mono box."

they are also in the top 25 music sellers.

13. orthobiz

orthobiz Forum Resident

Hey, it works!
    thanks...

Paul

14. emkay

emkay Senior Member

Order both boxes if you want 'em cause that's not enough! That'll get wiped out in like two weeks (mono and stereo).

15. jlc76

jlc76 Forum Resident

I'm calling b.s. on those numbers. This is purely to get people to think they are "rare" and not hesitate to buy them up. Of course they will make more. If those were the actual numbers that means these would only generate $10million or so revenue, and I assume this packaging isn't cheap so the actual profit margin is lower. Once this initial run is sold out, there will be more unless they really aren't making these to make money...yeah right.

16. emkay

emkay Senior Member

Wisdom spoken...

17. EveryLittleThing

EveryLittleThing New Member

A quick question: How long does Amazon take to lower the price on pre-orders? My order status shows me still locked in at the original price of $299.98 US even though the price has dropped since I put my preorder in.

Should I wait and see if they lower it to $239 soon, or just cancel the order, then put in a new preorder?

18. harry keogh

harry keogh New Member

I am in the same boat as you. Ordered at about 12 AM last night and mine hasn't lowered yet either. Amazon's website states that the policy is to lower an existing order within 24 hours of a price drop, so we will see.

19. EveryLittleThing

EveryLittleThing New Member

I am guessing it will drop (it always has whenever I've pre-ordered from Amazon before) but I just like to hedge my bets. :)

20. Mok

Mok Has Potential

wouldn't the limited editions be just for the complete box sets, and therefore perhaps accurate? Individual discs would be unlimited, but the sets in the fancy boxes may actually be limited. That's what I'm gathering, at least...

21. harry keogh

harry keogh New Member

I don't know about that. They said from the beginning that the mono box was aimed at collectors. They aren't going to be losing any sleep over potential lost revenue by making only 10,000 sets in the US. They will recoup it in the stereo sets and single releases. The majority of the public will want stereo anyway. We (yeah, I am a lurker) are not the norm. Beatles.com store even states that they are limited to 10,000. Who is Beatles.com run by? Does EMI have any say in what they list?

I know the mono's are being printed in Japan. Will these mono sets be the same quality as the other mini lp's that are made in Japan? I have the three E.L.O. box sets from a couple years ago and the presentation of each mini lp is fantastic. Will the cd's them selves be pressed in Japan as well?

22. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

How much more for the japan box sets ?

23. harry keogh

harry keogh New Member

Does Amazon take pre-orders in a first come first serve basis? Are they allotted a certain amount? Would they have to list them as sold out if that allotment is met? Just wondering because I ordered almost right after they listed them, and I would be po'd if they catered to prime members and such, and I was skipped over.

24. steveharris

steveharris Senior Member

Same here,My orders usually show the sale price,but it is still 300 I`m going to wait.I opened an Amazon card to save an additional $30

25. Tone

Tone Senior Member

I just pre-ordered the Mono Box from Amazon. I read into the elusive disc ad that it's a limited set in that it's a numbered set to 10,000.

I'm sure there will be a second run. But still nice to have a numbered 1st press set. If you're planning on getting this anyway, why spend 20 bucks of your time checking to see if it's gone down twenty buck. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.