Beatles Box Sets Price Watch (Part 8)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Jeff Wong, May 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

that's very kind of you...have it or I would have grabbed it!:righton:

2. SammyJoe

SammyJoe Up The Irons!

Me too, never had any problems with Movie Mars.

3. LarsO

LarsO Forum Resident

Platekompaniet in Norway is running a campaign for the mono box now: 799NOK. My valuta calculator says it is 142 dollars. Good price?

4. fogalu

fogalu There is only one Beethoven

Just looked at my vinyl set and the writing on Sgt Pepper's spine is indeed in the opposite direction to the others. Never noticed it before! They really got all the fine details right in the mono box.

5. dbturbo2

dbturbo2 Forum Resident

B&N's marketplace has it thru CD DVD Warehouse for $97.95 + $2.98 shipping

6. adm62

adm62 Senior Member

I've had my copy of the mono set for a couple of years, but want to buy another one as a gift. What's the best price out there right now ?

7. Jay F

Jay F New Member

8. adm62

adm62 Senior Member

Thanks!

9. 80sjunkie

80sjunkie Forum Resident

Saw a Beatles mono box at Best Buy today with a $99 sticker. I don't need one, but wondered if others saw the same?

10. JRColvin

JRColvin Forum Resident

It's been $99 at Best Buy for months. Once in a while, you can use 10% off coupons for extra savings.

11. tremspeed

tremspeed Well-Known Member

They're Made In Japan Mini LPs right? Those are usually right down to the last detail. I had a VU and Nico one that actually reproduced the paste-over on the back cover.

12. Michael

...they know how to do things right...pride and craftsmanship...we should be so lucky.

13. Michael

same here...sad that so many of us paid too much! when the madness hit!:help:

14. rushyescrim

rushyescrim Forum Resident

I have bought several Mono boxes at Best Buy in the last few months. They actually ring up 199.99 at the counter, but since many stores no longer have a sales clerk assigned to the music department full time, it appears as if no one has ever taken the 99.99 sale price stickers off the boxes. Of course they will honor the sticker price at the register..

15. QuestionMark?

QuestionMark? 4TH N' GOAL

I saw an ad for a Beatles Mono Box Set on Craigslist for $30 brand new. I thought it had to be a bootleg but I wanted the box and sleeves to make a nice backup copy for myself. When I opened the sealed box I couldn't believe what a mess it was. First of all, they were all stereo discs. The gatefold covers to Sgt. Pepper and the White Album were turned inside out and badly creased. The mono masters discs were in the White Album cover and vice versa. It was missing a few onion skin sleeves. I made my mono copies and put them in the sleeves and I'm happy with my backup copy. The stereo discs say made in Japan and sound authentic and I can play them in my car. Has anyone else come across these $30 copies of the mono box set?

16. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

Plenty of people have seen super-cheap mono boxes. They're called "fakes" - and it sounds like you got one of them...

17. Oatsdad

I paid $230 or so for my mono box in September 2009 but don't think I paid too much. Just because something becomes cheaper down the road doesn't mean one overpaid in the first place.

If you pay $10 to see a movie opening night, do you feel depressed when it hits the $2 theater three months later?

18. aberyclark

aberyclark Well-Known Member

I would like to find a deal on a REAL Beatles USB Box

19. QuestionMark?

QuestionMark? 4TH N' GOAL

I knew I was getting one when I bought it. I just wanted the box and sleeves. I was just surprised what it looked like when I opened it. What a mess! I wondered if anyone else has seen these out there. The seller said that he bought a storage auction or something like that. If he is selling these for $30 he must have got them for next to nothing. Are these the same as the fakes that are being sold in stores and online? Are they in this kind of condition? The fakes that people have talked about here seem to at least look like legitimate product. This couldn't have been mistaken for a real box set.

20. Spirit Crusher

Spirit Crusher Forum Resident

The fakes have been around since late 2009. I had one 2 years ago; there are many threads on Amazon discussions about them. Amazon marketplace and Ebay are loaded with them. A storage auction? Bollocks; probably got it from the Web. There are Chinese wholesale websites where you can get pallets of counterfeit stuff.

21. Oatsdad

Oh - sorry I misinterpreted. I guess you're wondering if others have seen fakes as messed-up as yours?

22. PH416156

PH416156 Alea Iacta Est

23. Heavy Music

Heavy Music Forum Resident

Amazon's price for the stereo box recently went up about $20.00 to $199.99! I have been hoping for this price to drop for the holidays. I guess I was wrong... again. Anyone know of better deals on the Stereo Box?

24. MoonPanda

MoonPanda Forum Resident

For those of you in New England, the mono box is still $99.99 at Newbury Comics, went on sale on Black Friday and is still at this price as of Dec. 3rd.

25. inspiracy

inspiracy Senior Member

The Mono Box is down to $89.62 at Amazon (via Newbury Comics, but fulfilled by Amazon with free shipping):

http://bit.ly/kRNfly

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.