Beatles Box Sets Price Watch (Part 8)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Jeff Wong, May 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

Wow - Petty's back up to original price on the Best Buy website. And the mono box is $200!

Guess it was too good to last!

2. tspit74

tspit74 Senior Member

Today I got the mono box. It rang up as $199. They adjusted the price down to 29.99 but the system wouldn't take the coupon. I thopught it was kind of strange that they hstill had the exact same 3 mono boxes on display that they had when I chicked out last week. Not only that, they keep one with the new releases and a big sticker that says $99.99. A whole week at a major BB in the area, and I'm the only one that bit after all that time? Cd's are dead.

Went to another BB and got the Petty box. It was on a display with other box set and special packages. Kind of a featured item as you walk into the ever dwindling media section. It was marked 29.99 but rang up as 129.99. Same situation. Adjusted the price but couldn't use the coupon.

3. Jerryb

Jerryb Senior Member

Do you mean $99.99 for the mono box?

4. Evan L

Evan L Beatologist

$129 is still a very good deal.

Evan

5. proufo

proufo Forum Resident

They've tried to deliver the USD99 BB mono box (plus tax) to my daughter in Queens with no success. :(

I will believe I got it for USD99 it when it is in her hands.

6. BuckNaked

BuckNaked Senior Member

Petty is $129, Beatles Mono is $200. So much for the clearance theory.

7. inthedark

inthedark Forum Resident

$99 later...and now I'm a convert to "mono"..so much better.

8. tspit74

tspit74 Senior Member

Yes. Today at about 3:00.

9. JMike

JMike Forum Resident

This is something I unfortunately didn't notice until I got home. There's little indents on the four sides of the box. Overall it's in good condition, but still...kinda disappointing.

As for worrying about scuffing the CD's when putting them in the paper sleeves, I put the plastic sleeves inside the paper ones...works fine.

10. Sen. Blutarsky

Sen. Blutarsky Forum Resident

Hi everyone.
    Does any of you bought the mono box from Moviemars? Should i worry about getting a fake from them or are they relyable? They seem to be one of the cheapest sellers on amazon uk, and one of the cheapest way to get the mono box in Europe, without trying ebay or the small sellers (which seems to be risky). Thanks.

11. Scooterpiety

Scooterpiety Ars Gratia Artis

I wouldn't buy a thing from them. They sell counterfeit stuff and it's a gamble if you'll even receive anything at all. I know several people who have been burned by them.

12. bibijeebies

bibijeebies vinyl hairline spotter

@Scooterpiety:
    Moviemars sells counterfeit stuff: is this based on fact and could you give some examples?

13. Jay F

Jay F New Member

Proof?

14. tspit74

tspit74 Senior Member

I played a bit of my newly aquired mono box from Best Buy this morning. Sounds pretty good. "Martha My Dear" sounded really good cranked thru tubes. I did some comparisons with my '82 black box and the vinyl definitely has more excitement, depth and life. Tonally, they're very similar. The vinyl just does what vinyl does, better. But for cd's, these are good. I can't say I actually need it, but for 99 bucks, what the hell. It's a good value.

15. proufo

proufo Forum Resident

The Eagle landed this morning!!! :thumbsup:

16. proufo

proufo Forum Resident

Wow, even with a Shure V15!

17. tspit74

tspit74 Senior Member

I love my V15.

18. MRT

MRT Forum Resident

ah, that stinks. but as long as the insides are all intact, thats what truly matters. :righton: i can see how it would be a bit dissapointing though.

i tried putting the plastic sleeves in the carboard ones, but they seemed to be getting bunched up. for now im just leaving everything like it came pretty much.

19. Scope J

Scope J Senior Member

20. Anyone who missed the sale, I picked up an extra Mono Box Set at Best Buy & the friend who was "on the fence" about just decided no (his loss, your gain).
    So anyone who'd like this copy (or I'll be returning it soon for a refund), please PM me. It's $106-7 with tax & you've got to pay for shipping too.

21. Bronth

Bronth Active Member

Some real facts, please. Yes, their delivery policy is far from perfect and there's a predictable amount of non-deliveries (although if I use PayPal I'm covered) but, AFAIK, they are a pretty huge legal e-tailer and hardly sell counterfeits.

22. back2vinyl

back2vinyl Forum Resident

I too am surprised by this. I must have bought at least 20 SACDs and CDs from Moviemars in the last few months, delivered from the US to the UK, and the only problem I've ever had is one CD that suffered a cracked jewel case in the post. (They sent me a generic replacement case that also got broken in the post!) If people were being burned by them, you would expect them to have bad feedback, and they don't.

23. Jay F

Jay F New Member

I have had no problems with Movie Mars, either. Once ebay allowed them to charge no more than $3 per CD for shipping, they became viable. Many times they've had the lowest price.

24. fuse999

fuse999 Forum Resident

I have bought many cd's from Movie Mars on Amazon with no problem whatsoever.

25. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

the only problem I had with them was scratches on used DVDs described as near mint! Good prices though...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.