Beatles Box Sets Price Watch (Part 7)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by SamS, Dec 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I'm very curious...who was that "competing Canadian online retailer" that does the price match guarantee?

2. ptijerm

ptijerm Forum Resident

Best Buy Canada

3. Jim B.

Jim B. Senior Member

I don't think we'll ever see it cheaper, they must have been selling it at a loss.

And good news for UK buyers - DHL don't charge the £8 admin fee that royal mail do. You pay VAT and a handling fee of £1.25.

4. spanky1

spanky1 Forum Resident

I would bite the bullet if Amazon usa would do this. Wonder what the chances are?

5. back2vinyl

back2vinyl Forum Resident

Yes, I was just about to post this too - mine arrived this morning, very badly packed by Amazon in a box four times too big but miraculously unscathed - and I was delighted to find DHL only charged this tiny customs clearance fee of £1.25 instead of the £8 or more that other carriers charge. That's thrown my other calculations out so the import VAT ends up at £12.87 and the final all-in price in the UK is £90.81, well below the HMV sale price in August after all. Not that it matters any more now the offer is closed but for those who missed out this time, don't worry, there have been special offers before and I'm sure there will be again. Just keep watching this thread!

6. live evil

live evil Senior Member

I'm glad it went back up in price.
    I was very tempted to buy a second one at the $107 price.
    I am sure I woudl've done it had it stayed at that price for awhile longer.

7. Bronth

Bronth Active Member

Yep, this is a rare example of tr00 real life soap opera, which DOES MATTER. :cheers: :goodie: :D

8. Mistermono

Mistermono Forum Resident

I did what ptijerm did and PMed with Best Buy Canada. Mine arrived today. You think amazon.ca is bad for packing materials - BB sent mine in a flimsy bubble mailer resulting in a nice 1/2 in. ding to the top of the front of the box. No point trying to exchange as they are totally sold out.

Still, can't complain at that price. I'm really impressed at how nicely put together this set is, right down to the mini EMITEX inners. I've seen one of the knockoffs and there is no comparison - the legit sets are a class act all the way.

They should have put this out 15 years ago at $150 a pop. They would have sold a factory load.

9. jhw59

jhw59 Forum Resident

very happy with my legit mono set. Hopefully, the seller who sold me the fake stereo set will come through with a refund as promised.

10. BuckNaked

BuckNaked Senior Member

Isn't it ironic how the Mono box now routinely sells for less than the Stereo box? Who would have predicted that a year ago?

11. jhsjhs

jhsjhs Active Member

If we knew the flexability of the word "limited" we might have...

Thanks for this, I ordered the mono box from amazon canada, hooray!

12. Blair G.

Blair G. Senior Member

They may be sold out online but you might be able to exchange it at the store level, if you find one which may not be hard. I still see them around here at $347 LOL.

Their policy has always said on-line purchses could be returned this way....I have done it in the past.

13. ptijerm

ptijerm Forum Resident

If my box arrives with a ding in it, I can always swap it out for the box that came with the counterfeit Mono set I ended up getting for free from a seller on Ebay back in the Spring (LOL). Although the counterfeit CDs and jackets are pretty bad aesthetic-wise, the box looks pretty damn close to the actual release.

14. JohnnyH

JohnnyH Senior Member

According to amazon.ca's order tracking, my mono box arrived at London Heathrow this morning - can't wait!
    JohnnyH

15. heavysoulbrutha

heavysoulbrutha Forum Resident

MONO Box arrived yesterday from Amazon Canada. All perfect in every way. So glad to finally have it in my grubby little mitts!

16. thegage

thegage Forum Currency Nerd

I ordered the Mono box from Amazon CA yesterday, $112 delivered to my P.O. Box, and it's already been shipped.

John K.

17. Mistermono

Mistermono Forum Resident

None available in my area. I checked before opening the package.

18. thegage

thegage Forum Currency Nerd

Holy Cow! It already arrived. Can't wait to get home.

John K.

19. Blair G.

Blair G. Senior Member

Just visited a couple of local Best Buys today and they have undergone the big "shrinkage", so none left out here either.

Pretty brutal, absolutely zero point in going to Best Buy for music now.

20. JohnnyH

JohnnyH Senior Member

Very happy, just received the mono box. It's small but perfectly formed and made it all the way from Canada without a mark on it. Total cost £77 + £14 VAT, etc, total £91 and change. Typical UK RRP on release date £220 - result! Thanks to all for the tip-off.

JohnnyH

21. dbz

dbz Bolinhead.

I was just about to say, be prepared to have VAT/duty added, but it looks like you've got it. One of the few times I ever got stung was a box set from Amazon.

22. poidog

poidog Senior Member

I noticed disc-o-rama overstock now has this for $139.

Has anyone orderred this item from them?

23. Magnolia

Magnolia Forum Resident

Beatles Mono Box Set

For what it is worth, I ordered two mono box sets, one for a friend who later changed their mind & did not purchase because of financial reasons. It has not been opened. The box set that is available is from Amazon.com (not one of their sellers). Receipt is available to confirm. Contact me if interested. I can provide seller/buyer references from www.audiogon.com, where I have sold and purchased high end audio equipment, as well as LPs. Will ensure that packaging is top notch. Thanks.

24. Buckyball

Buckyball Forum Resident

There's a classified section of the board for sales offers like that. Since you only have 31 posts you don't have access to it yet. You will be able to access the Classifieds once you have 50 posts and have been a member for 30 days. (Looks like you already meet the 30 day requirement!)

25. rtalwani

rtalwani Forum Resident

So you only need to post 19 more times. I bet you would not have much trouble selling a sealed mono box from Amazon, assuming the price is reasonable.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.