Beatles Box Sets Price Watch (Part 7)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by SamS, Dec 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KimiAndRitz

KimiAndRitz Forum Resident

Thanks for the info!

2. mihu

mihu Forum Resident

How much did you pay all in all in euros? I'm thinking of ordering the set from germany too and am curious on how much the import tax and shipping will be. thanks!

3. mihu

mihu Forum Resident

I just tried to order it from amazon.ca, is there no possibility to pay with paypal??? confusing...

4. Tom Perry

Tom Perry Senior Member

My understanding is that there are at least two versions of the mono box (US/Japan), both manufactured in Japan. The Japan set (oop?) is the only one with the obi. Sorry for any confusion.

I ordered my box from amazon.ca (no obi) and I am confident it is legit. :thumbsup:

5. YorkeS9

YorkeS9 Forum Resident

Hello mihu,

I paid 118,76 CDN$ (+11,48CDN$ shipping and handling). The official customs exchange rate is 1,-Euro=1,3678 CDN$. So the "official" price for the german customs authorities is 95,21 Euro. You have to pay 19% VAT and 3,5% customs duties (for music-CDs/Tariccode 85234039). So I have to pay 21,42 Euros to the customs authorities. But the DHL driver wanted 57,53 Euros(!). Amazon.ca were not able to print the value of the CD-box in the foressen line on the DHL-sticker on top of the parcel. So the VAT/customs duties are calculated/estimated totaly wrong and I had to pay the DHL guy way to much money to get the parcel. Now I have the nice task of getting a refund from DHL or the german customs authorities, which is really complicated. This problem often occurs when ordering with DHL Express (expedited international shipping). Dont do that! The custom office does not open Express packages to look on the invoice. So they estimate the value and you have to pay way to much. Order with the standard/slow s&h.

Your price will be 107.01 CDN$+6,98 CDN$ s&h = 83 Euro
    + VAT 15,77 + duties 2,90
    So your endprice will be around 101,- Euros

6. mihu

mihu Forum Resident

thanks a lot yorke that was very helpful information!

however I'll have to find a way to pay for it first, since I have no credit card. I'm really confused that you can't pay per paypal!

7. Jason Manley

Jason Manley Senior Member

Amazon.com & Amazon.ca are fine I'm sure; selling 100% legit EMI product.

Where I would be leary is with the Amazon sellers... don't mistake them for representing Amazon Co.

8. Bronth

Bronth Active Member

But your PayPal account must be associated with some kind of credit or debit card too. So, even if all you have is, say, Visa Electron debit card, many online shops will accept it, including Amazon. Correct me, if I'm wrong.

9. PH416156

PH416156 Alea Iacta Est

mihu,

Amazon.ca is very slow, in my experience, but I agree with YorkeS9: standard s&h + some patience = problems avoided with the customs guys and DHL

10. YorkeS9

YorkeS9 Forum Resident

It was the first time I ordered from amazon.ca. So I can not comment on their international standard shipping methode. The expedited shipping was ridiculously fast with less then 48 hours from my point of view. My experiences with amazon.com are 1-4 weeks international standard shipping to germany.

11. mihu

mihu Forum Resident

great info thanks again.

I'll see how I'll work out the payment... Can't wait to order..

12. riknbkr330

riknbkr330 Senior Member

I ordered about a week and a half ago and received my order within two days...well actually one day as I ordered early in the morning and it was on my front door the next day in the afternoon! I'm in California, btw. I paid $145 USD...had I waited one more day or so I would have shaved $20 off or so. Nevertheless, the box set is completely legit and fantastic. Quite happy with the outcome.

13. jhw59

jhw59 Forum Resident

[QUOTE. Nevertheless, the box set is completely legit and fantastic. Quite happy with the outcome.[/QUOTE]

Now I am excited:edthumbs: Thanks

14. TheiPodAvenger

TheiPodAvenger Forum Resident

So which legitimate seller has the best price on the stereo box?

15. Mogul

Mogul Forum Resident

Thanks for the head's up, just ordered one for $107.01 CDN. I only bought the stereo box last year and was going to wait for the mono box pricing to come down since it was less of a priority for me. I guess that time has arrived! Can't wait to listen to this.

16. Cozzie

Cozzie Forum Resident

I've been waiting for a price like this - I've finally ordered one!

This now brings my tally to 1 Beatles in Mono, 2 Beatles in Stereo and 2 Beatles Anthology DVD box sets. I think I may have a problem...

17. I googled "Beatles Stereo Box Set Compare Prices", and found...
    http://www.google.com/products/cata...Ia2KoS0lQefloztDA&ved=0CEAQ_QgwAg&os=sellers#
    I have to say that I can't recommend somewhere unless I've bought there, or it's a major chain (Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Borders, Best Buy, etc.), but...
    The safer ones seemed like...
    DeepDicount & goHastings.com, which were both at $179.99 new.
    There was a very suspect looking, and sounding place, eCRATER - a1cd, that had it for $126.99...ebay was listed, but that's a private seller & a crap shoot (considering all the counterfeit copies out there), & then there were used copies listed as well...
    I have my doubts that this will go on sale this year with Amazon.com like it did last year, but maybe I'm wrong. I'd love if it did.

18. JBryan

JBryan Forum Resident

Bought a Mono box from Hastings a while back when they had a coupon. It came out to $126 and the box arrived OK but could've been packed better. I ordered one from A'zon.ca (works out to $116 shipped) and will see how that works out.

19. Jim B.

Jim B. Senior Member

I ordered a single cd from Amazon Canada a while back and it did take about 5 weeks. This is because I think they send it 'normal' post. They obviously can't send box sets this way for some reason, so they send them courier and that's why they have been this quick.

20. ptijerm

ptijerm Forum Resident

I've noticed that the price for the Mono box on Amazon.ca has risen slightly today to $108.68. You've gotta wonder how they price things at Amazon.ca....makes no sense to me.

Still a great deal, tho'. I guess Amazon.ca have decided to compete directly with the counterfeiters that sell the set through their Marketplace. Good on them.

21. JohnnyH

JohnnyH Senior Member

Just bit the bullet and ordered a Mono box from amazon.ca - £77 shipped to the UK. Great deal!
    JohnnyH

22. Bronth

Bronth Active Member

Got mine from amazon.ca today in the morning, it couldn't be easier, faster and cheaper! And what a beautiful souvenir it is! :love: Thanks guys for thumbs up! :cheers: :righton:

23. ptijerm

ptijerm Forum Resident

I ordered mine from a competing Canadian online retailer that has a price match guarantee policy. The competitor was selling an in-stock Mono box for an insane $350 CAD, which meant - after they matched and beat the difference by 10% - I was able to get the Mono box for $83 CAD + tax. Grand total after taxes and free shipping to my location - $94 CAD for a new, legit Beatles Mono box. LOL

24. KimiAndRitz

KimiAndRitz Forum Resident

It's back to full price on Amazon.ca

Just went to order it now and the sale is no more. That's what I get for procrastination. Still, I'm glad so many people were able to grab it at such a deal!

25. Heartbreaking...sadly I thought that it might be permanent, and didn't order one as a gift...wish I had...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.