Beatles Box Sets Price Watch (Part 7)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by SamS, Dec 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I could find no sub $100 Beatles sets in feedback history but there was positive feedback for $100+ box sets. I suspect all Beatles box sets sold by this seller are fake regardless of price but I don't know. I would sure think some of the buyers can tell a fake from the real thing but I haven't found a feedback with that complaint yet. There are many negative feedback complaints for fake Disney movies and other items with the seller so there is no doubt in my mind, not that there ever was. It appears this seller as most other bootleg sellers offers a mix of legitimate and illegiimate items. It is pretty sad that he can beat the system and receive a top rated seller identification.

Chris

2. Larry Mc

Larry Mc Forum Dude

eBay refunded my money and shut the guy down. I must admit, I'm very happy and surprised at how well eBay handled this. I felt it to be just as important to report when something works out like this as it is when it doesn't.:thumbsup:

3. FatherMcKenzie

FatherMcKenzie Forum Resident

Was at Fry's Electronics in Woodland Hills, CA. Saw a sign in the CD section that said "Beatles Stereo Box Set $199 Clearance". Saw no product, but I didn't look that hard.

Might be worth checking out at Fry's stores here and there.

4. George P

George P Notable Member

and everywhere.

;)

5. Doug Schiller

Doug Schiller Senior Member

Wow, maybe that Amazon $150 Gold Box price wasn't so bad after all.

;)

6. detroit muscle

detroit muscle MIA

I was waiting for the 'limited edition' stereo card digi-packs to sell out as I believed they would be in jewel cases without the mini documentarys. Here we are nearly a year later and I've only ever seen the 'limited edition' versions. When will they go away? :realmad:

7. Jimii70

Jimii70 Forum Resident

Beatles mono box £100.00 in HMV castle point Bournemouth

Just saw 2 mono boxes in castle point Hmv . They were in the clearance sale .
    I don't know if it is a national clearance , sorry .

8. Billy Infinity

Billy Infinity Beloved aunt

EDIT: Duplicate Post

9. darkmatter

darkmatter Gort Astronomer Staff

Merged :wave:

That is a good price, will check out the main site as well :)

10. Billy Infinity

Billy Infinity Beloved aunt

Glad it worked out for you brother. :thumbsup:

11. darkmatter

darkmatter Gort Astronomer Staff

Had a quick look on the site couldn't see them, if you haven't got them could be worth a grab?

12. Jimii70

Jimii70 Forum Resident

I already have it . But was still tempted to get it again . I had to give myself a talking to

13. stef1205

stef1205 Forum Resident

+1
    That's what I've been waiting for too. These cardoard sleeve cases suck!

14. Blair G.

Blair G. Senior Member

Do they even plan to release them in jewel boxes, or is this wishful thinking?

Maybe the cardboard sleeves (which I also dislike BTW) are the way they will stay.

15. You have to take everything EMI said in the run-up to the new CDs with a grain of salt. They are as limited as the federal deficit, that packaging configuration it appears.

16. gregorya

gregorya I approve of this message

Amazon Canada has the Mono Box at $118.76

17. Tom Perry

Tom Perry Senior Member

A great post for such a new member! :righton: Welcome to SH Music Forums. :wave:

18. Very impressive, and interesting...and confusing compared to the U.S. price?!?

19. Tom Perry

Tom Perry Senior Member

Bump for anyone who may be interested. :wave:

I received mine today in mint condition (nicely packed for shipping). Shipping cost to USA = $9.98.

20. Blair G.

Blair G. Senior Member

I'd bite on the stereo box if it got that low.

21. jabbo5150

jabbo5150 Forum Resident

It's actually $107.01 now. Less than half of what I paid for mine. ugh.

Still, I got my stereo box for $169, which seems a decent price these days

22. back2vinyl

back2vinyl Forum Resident

For any Brits viewing, this is way below the £100 that HMV were selling them for in August, even after import VAT and the £8 customs clearing fee. So-o-o tempting, especially with no sign of the LPs in the foreseeable future. I think I may actually go for it.

23. keef00

keef00 Senior Member

$110.97 in US dollars right now, and $10.35 for shipping this far south. $121.32 total.

24. deadbirdie

deadbirdie Senior Member

Ugh indeed. This is why i'm waiting out the Lennon Signature box for a few months.

25. jhw59

jhw59 Forum Resident

I bought the stereo box last December but figured it was legit as the seller had 100% feedback. I finally looked it over carefully last week and...uh oh..I got a fake. Too late for ebay and paypal but I figured what the heck and sent an email to the seller. He replied and said he would refund by the end of the month. Was I surprised but will wait to celebrate until I receive the refund. Maybe there are some honest people in the world (besides here). He also said I could keep the box.

Has anyone done a side by side with a fake and a legit cd to compare SQ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.