Beatles box set coming Nov. 16

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Gerry Galipault, Oct 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RetroSmith

RetroSmith Forum Hall Of Fame<br>(Formerly Mikey5967)

Wow...that IS a good start!!!

Anybody here still think this is a just a rumor?? I dont@@

2. Dave D

Dave D Done!

Just checked EMI Canada....nothing....but it is a long weekend up here. Maybe this week?

3. musicfan37

musicfan37 Senior Member

I assume Volume 2 will include Beatles' VI, Help!, Rubber Soul and Yesterday and Today. Since CAPITOL'S version of Revolver is basically an abridged version of the UK, I'd say, "Why bother"? I do wonder if Hey Jude would be released even though it was on APPLE?

4. Nobby

Nobby Senior Member

Did anyone else pick up on this from the Bruce Spizer statement....

"Each album will appear on a separate CD, mastered using 24 bit digital conversion from the original Capitol tapes..."

Does this mean Capitol provided the analogue masters or digital copies of the masters?

5. RetroSmith

SOUNDS like they used the Capitol Analog masters, doesnt it?

6. Captain Groovy

Captain Groovy Senior Member

I say again: Why couldn't they have just remastered the UK editions? They were complete in every way - you get every Beatles song if you get every UK CD including the two Pastmasters!

Any word on if these are being released internationally? If I were in the UK, I'd want my original domestic CDs remastered in 24bit...

JEFF!

7. therockman

therockman Senior Member In Memoriam

All of the hype for this release indicates that this is a limited edition boxset. Does anybody know what kind of production numbers we are talking about here; one million, two million copies? What does limited edition really mean anyway?

8. Nobby

Nobby Senior Member

Well.... at the moment, Beatles release are uniform throughout the world. I can't believe that this would be different.

As posted above... it is detailed on the German website!!!!

Limited? Can't imagine they'll all be sold out in days. We are talking Beatles here! :)

9. creativepart

creativepart Forum Resident

I'll buy these but,

I'll buy these, mostly to have in my collection of Beatles CDs. Like when I bought the DVDs of Star Wars IV, V and VI. I love those movies. I had to have them in DVD (I had them in Laserdisc and VHS) and I had to get them the first day they were available -- but I haven't made time to watch them yet.

I have the UK version of the vinyl LP Beatles Blue Box Set with all EMI/Parlaphone versions of every LP, except Magical Mystery Tour. To me those are the best sounding versions. I have the US vinly LPs too, purchased Used, and they're fine. but the UK mix in the Box Set are THE ones to listen too. I care not that they aren't on CD. But as I said, I'll buy these too. And I'm sure after one listening they'll go on the shelf and I'll be back to listening to the UK vinyl from then on.

Paul Green

10. I'm with your Jeff. The original CDs should have been remastered mono/stereo 24 bit, before any regional futzing happened. Now maybe this will open up the gates for Capitol Canada to release Twist And Shout, Beatlemania! With The Beatles and Long Tall Sally in mono/stereo twofers. That would be nice! :)

I'm looking at the song list on the German Web site.

DISC 1
    1. I Want To Hold Your Hand (Stereo) Really! :confused:

DISC 4
    9. She´s A Woman (Stereo) Really! :confused:
    10. I Feel Fine (Stereo) Really! :confused:

So they're not even telling us which tracks have the gawd awful Duophonic sound. Can't wait to hear "I Want To Hold Your Hand" in fake stereo. :rolleyes: :shake:

11. Nobby

Nobby Senior Member

Hi Chris,

Bruce Spizer's info refers to seven "duophonic" mixes....

I reckon :winkgrin:

This Boy
    I Want to Hold Your Hand
    You Can't Do That
    She Loves You
    I'll Get You
    She's A Woman
    I Feel Fine... because that's how they are on the original (stereo) albums!

Cheers,

Nobby.

12. Nobby

Nobby Senior Member

13. RetroSmith

Thanks nobby, thats GREAT info!!

Bruce emailed me that Meet The Beatles WASNT made from a disc dub, which I was sure it wasnt.

14. ubsman

ubsman Active Member

The picture doesn't show up. Just a red x. There is a picture of beatles for sale to the right. Don't know why that is there.

15. RJL2424

RJL2424 Forum Resident

Those f**ked up, echo-ridden dubs of dubs of the so-called master tapes may come back to haunt all of us Beatles listeners... :shake:

16. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

Oh yea, they're going to plaster these all over...I can't believe it took 21 years to get these on compact disc!

17. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

Boo....

18. musicfan37

musicfan37 Senior Member

Almost Forgot: I'm sure CAPITOL will also include The Early Beatles in the next batch.

19. Gary Mack

Gary Mack Active Member

And, presumably, A Hard Day's Night?

GM

20. Ryan

Ryan That would be telling

A Hard Day's Night was not a Capitol Album, though. United Artists put it out.

21. Ryan

The next four (Vol. 2) could be Early Beatles, Beatles VI, Help and Rubber Soul (Both with lineups unique to the American albums)

22. 22dRow

22dRow New Member

Correct as far as the original release through the 1980s but Capitol now owns the rights to the Hard Day's Night material and can release it if they choose. With Apple's consent of course

23. Gary Mack

Gary Mack Active Member

I am well aware of that, Ryan, but all Beatles tracks on the UA album were also released on Capitol singles and albums. Capitol/EMI now owns the UA catalog and could easily release the album the way UA did. I hope they do.

GM

24. JonUrban

JonUrban SHF Member #497

25. Ryan

Of course, but if they stick strictly to the "Albums Capitol released in 1964" theme, I don't know how they would do it..except with cd singles or bonus tracks...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.