Audio Fidelity Subscription Numbers

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by PMC7027, Feb 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tpauline

Tpauline Forum Resident

Hello all, I'm the new #53 24K Platinum.

First shipment being Rickie Lee and Billy Idol, but I too have completed my initial collection all AFG titles. Flying Horses is AWESOME!!!

Found this company by picking up a copy of Alice Cooper's Killer on a whim from the local Fry's. After listening to this album for over 30 years it was almost like I had never heard it before. Went back and picked up the other two Coopers and (on another whim) Heartbeat City. Although NOT being a big Cars fan this was the album that pushed me over the edge and on the mission to acquire everything. After seeing the Kate Bush issue I may have to upgrade to vinyl...of course I haven't owned a turntable in 20 years!!!

2. Blair G.

Blair G. Senior Member

Tpauline, welcome to the Forum !

There have been a few people of late cancelling their AF subscriptions.

It's nice to see that despite these deletions there are new ones being added.

3. PaulT

PaulT Spuzzum

Canceled mine tonight - someone else can have 222 perhaps :wave:

4. therockman

therockman Senior Member In Memoriam

I'm seriously thinking about cancelling mine. :eek:

5. leefarber

leefarber Senior Member

I'd hate to cancel mine, but I'm concerned, as they have been charging $7.50 for flat rate shipping that costs only $5.20, and even with the Platinum discount, the prices are still 10% higher than Amazon (which doesn't charge for shipping). I really want to support them, but it's costing a lot more than it should. There's nothing they can do about shipping being a small company, but surely Platinum members should be entitled to the lowest price available.

6. therockman

Those are my concerns as well.

7. leefarber

leefarber Senior Member

Also, I like having my own edition number, but the fact that it's just a sticker on the slip case seems to cheapen it. I'd rather they went back to stamping it o the slipcase, or better yet, on the back insert in the jewel case.

8. JorgeGvb

JorgeGvb Senior Member

Mofi does a better job with their numbered editions by stamping it. Anyone could duplicate the AF number sticker and pass it off as a numbered edition.

I signed up in the beginning to support the cause too. However, outside of the numbered edition, there is not much of reason to be a subscriber. The cost is always a lot higher and the few special drawings for members are far and few between.

I wonder how many people are still subscribing? The list of forum members was kind of small to begin with.

9. SamS

SamS Forum Legend

I'm out, #0016 Gold CD subscription is available.

10. Blair G.

Blair G. Senior Member

Just curious....when you guys cancel your subs does AF contact you and ask why?
    Though I'm sure it's common knowledge I wonder if they are tracking the reasons.

Does anyone know if they sign up new members to replace the originals, or does the list just keep getting smaller?

11. PaulT

PaulT Spuzzum

AF contacted me via email when I canceled.

12. CraigVC

CraigVC Senior Member

I'm not sure if they would have contacted me, but I proactively reached out to Marshall right after I canceled, explaining all the reasons why.

Here's my post on the topic from earlier in this thread:
    http://www.stevehoffman.tv/forums/showpost.php?p=5394401&postcount=306

I've been curious too if my number could be claimed by someone else now. I don't see why not, assuming that subscriber is okay with not being able to get that number for earlier titles (and that would be the case for any number, at this point!).

Craig.

13. Waynefi

Waynefi Confused over the confusion ?

I just told them that I thought I ended up spending to much money on music I did not want. I just buy the ones I want. I am not 100% sure they really cared one way or the other.

14. therockman

They are just stickers, they could print new stickers for the earlier titles to give a "new" subscriber a complete set of a particular subscription number. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.