Anyone got Kate Bush "Hounds of Love" Audio Fidelity 180 gram Vinyl release yet?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Peter K, Jul 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MikeyH

MikeyH Stamper King

The last great KT record before her long rest. Excellent!

(I just bought a UK 'Red Shoes' Cd and it showed me why there wasn't one in my box already...)

I consider it somewhat a loss that Joyce's estate wouldn't allow the full text to be used for 'sensual world' but I can live with what KT paraphrased just fine. I wonder if there's a demo about?

2. MikeT

MikeT Prior Forum Cretin and Current Impatient Creep

Are you a subscriber? I am, and my credit card was not charged yet, and I would assume that being a subscriber would mean they would ship my copy before "general retail".

3. mistermuse

mistermuse Forum Resident

No, I am not, and that is odd. I'm as confused as you are.

4. PH416156

PH416156 Alea Iacta Est

It would be nice to have those albums on Audio Fidelity Gold CD too:)

5. blind_melon1

blind_melon1 An erotic adventurer of the most deranged kind....

.... There goes many more "tenners!"

Great news on Sensual World! What a nice surprise!

6. Scott Wheeler

Scott Wheeler Forum Resident

Huh? I had no idea about this one.

7. Peter K

Peter K Forum Resident Thread Starter

Marshall and AF throwing curveballs. What with Stevie Wonder and Kate Bush. Definitely on a roll. Just think of it, SH remastered Kate Bush. What a winning combination. I am so looking forward to these.

8. Ere

Ere Senior Member

Indeed. It's cool to think of Kate sitting down to a test pressing done by our host.

9. Khojem

Khojem Forum Resident

I hope she has a good unit on which to play the test pressings!

10. timlamp1

timlamp1 Forum Resident

Not Hounds Of Love,but I have The Whole Story comp (180g UK Simply Vinyl pressing) with the HOL tracks Running Up That Hill, and Cloudbursting. Like the sound on this,even though it's a digital remastered tape,not fully analog.

11. Boden9

Boden9 Forum Resident

This looks like a very good start :goodie: for a vinyl remastering project of Kate Bush :love:.
    That is something I have been hoping for the last... well almost forever. :D

Does the start with HoL indicate a licensing from Noverica, not EMI?

Boden9

12. Scott Wheeler

Scott Wheeler Forum Resident

What makes you say that?

13. blind_melon1

blind_melon1 An erotic adventurer of the most deranged kind....

I wonder if she listens to her own stuff often... Especially the albums from the height of her popularity. Maybe it will "Kick" her into gear for recording a follow up to Aerial! :)

14. tin ears

tin ears Forum Resident

A nice honey gold colored Hoffman mastered vinyl pressing of Aerial would be a dream for me. Do them all!

15. phish

phish Jack Your Body

so, is anyone actually selling this yet?

16. Peter K

Nobody seems to have it yet. Steve hasn't commented on mastering it. Maybe Kate hasn't approved of the pressing yet!!!!!

17. Peter K

Another day gone and no word.

18. mistermuse

Here's hoping that as soon as someone in this thread, who has ordered this and actually receives it will let the rest of us know ASAP....

19. NorthNY Mark

NorthNY Mark Senior Member

I think the lack of info suggests that this may be the case. These negotiations may be very delicate, and it wouldn't make sense for anyone involved to discuss it until or unless any issues are resolved. I believe I've read that Kate is an audiophile (and the cover art as well as the sonics on Aerial would add credence to that notion), so hopefully she won't demand that it be cut louder. But she could have other issues, or she may just not have had time to get to it yet. The fact that Steve has begun work on The Sensual World is at least a good sign that things are going well, so patience may be rewarded here.

At the same time, I can imagine why this silence would be frustrating to those who have pre-ordered it. I don't even have a vinyl rig yet, but will be ordering these as soon as they come out (along with the various Music Matters Blue Note LPs I've been picking up) in anticipation of the rig to come. These two albums are my favorite KB albums by far, and among my all-time favorites by anyone in any genre.

20. phish

phish Jack Your Body

so the artist is the one to clear these before release?

21. MikeT

MikeT Prior Forum Cretin and Current Impatient Creep

I just got an e-mail from Audio Fidelity stating: "Our Kate Bush 180+ Vinyl will also be shipping to our club members within the next 7 days".

22. NorthNY Mark

NorthNY Mark Senior Member

Hooray! :righton:

23. ad180

ad180 Forum Resident

I'm sure it's a case-by-case basis thing. Artist contracts can be very complex.

24. Peter K

Likewise. I hope they can get the Kick Inside. Wow oh wow.

25. mistermuse

Yea, after "The Dreaming" that would be my next choice.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.