Any love for 'Rockin' by The Guess Who?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Ocean56, Oct 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

Buy the catalogue. :thumbsup:

2. Larry L

Larry L Senior Member

I found 3 more at the same store (used also $5.99), So Long, Artificial Paradise, and Road Food. :righton:

3. seacliffe301

seacliffe301 Forum Resident

Sure, I liked this album. I was a big Guess Who fan.
    Being next to Ontario, Canada, these guys were always on the radio here.
    “Heartbroken Bopper” & “Heaven Only Moved Once” are longtime favorites.

Gardo likes this.
  4. emjayen

emjayen Forum Resident

The first time I saw Guess Who in concert, they kicked it off with "Get Your Ribbons On," after which Burton Cummings greeted the audience with "Sh_t! It's hot in here!" I have it for posterity on a cassette I took to the show. They really rocked that night, and I feel very fortunate to have seen lead guitartist Kurt Winter perform on stage. As for the "Rockin'" album, I will always bypass the truncated edit of "Heartbroken Bopper" without the string-pings at the beginning. The get-ready-for-this build-up to the song just isn't there without them.

Gardo likes this.
  5. Dillydipper

Dillydipper Space-Age luddite

Looking back, the group was really gelling at that point. But from my teenaged vantage point, it was the first inkling I had that...something was going terribly wrong there.

Now playing on http://www.arielstream.com/]Ariel Stream[/URL]: De-Phazz - Information

6. Adam9

Adam9 Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй.

Of those, I think Road Food is the best. It's got a remake of "Don't You Want Me" (one of my favourite songs from the boys). So Long Bannatyne second for "Life In The Bloodstream".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.