Amy Winehouse - Back To Black Deluxe Edition - different mastering......

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Mal, Nov 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sean Murdock

Sean Murdock Forum Intruder

2. filper

filper Forum Resident

3. Sean Murdock

Sean Murdock Forum Intruder

I just checked Amazon UK, and the set is going for 14.99 (UK), which is about $30.00 (US), and considering the cost of shipping from the UK, it's about the same price to just get it from Amazon US (with free shipping) for $50.98.

4. hushypushy

hushypushy Active Member

5. filper

filper Forum Resident

"I got a brand new pair of roller skates, you got a brand new key"

Would an exchange of 'Back To Black' Deluxe Edition + 'Frank' be an equitable trade for someone stateside for a copy of 'The Joshua Tree' 3 disc set ?

6. Carefully listened to "Me And Mr. Jones" here, comparing the DE cd to the
    vinyl and the US SE cd. THe standard US is easily the cloudiest of the three.
    I do think the vinyl is less compressed than the DE cd, but then again
    it might be the cartridge getting the most out of the dynamic range
    available in the signal. All in all, the DE and vinyl have a much
    "rounder" character to the vocal and bass. Worth buying the album a second time I do believe!

7. CardinalFang

CardinalFang New Member

US or UK vinyl?

8. I saw that 3 disc 'Joshua Tree' the other day at BB for US$50, which I thought was ridiculous.

9. MartinGr

MartinGr Senior Member

Can somebodey post the album_replay_gain value for the first CD??

I'm still waiting for my cdwow.net shipping... ( 2 weeks now).
    I suspect the domestic (German) CD from EDC Hanover to be different, so I ordered via Hongkong for the very last time - hoping for a UK-version for 19,99 Euro with free shipping. Maybe tomorrow...

Martin

10. d.r.cook

d.r.cook Senior Member

bumpity bump.

dc

11. AnalogueGhost

AnalogueGhost Forum Resident

I'm so glad I saw this thread a couple of weeks ago and got this. As a complete sucker for special editions, I have to say this is one of the best I've seen. The extra disc and packaging are awesome, and I'd rather have Addicted as the last track on the album than that lame remix from the North American versions any day.

Haven't had a chance to listen to the first disc closely, but I gave my old disc to a friend, so I can't A/B compare. I think I'll be satisfied with the SQ on disc one.

Either way, if you like the music, think about buying the Deluxe Edition. You won't be sorry.

12. nin

nin Forum Resident

The one I have posted if from the US vinyl. I think it sound great and MUCH better than the standard CD and DE CD.

13. CardinalFang

CardinalFang New Member

Thanks, but I was specifically asking Cloth Ears, who made CD, DE and LP comparisons but didn't specify which vinyl edition. :)

14. jl151080

jl151080 Senior Member

What was the original 'box' packaging? Did the first 'deluxe edition' not have a jewel case?

15. duggan

duggan Senior Member

Thanks to forum posters for advice on the DE. Being an old fool, it was only last week that I heard AW and was blown away in a manner that has not happened for many years. Just as I was about to buy the standard edition I read the post - timely advice indeed.

Australian members may ne interested to know that JB Hi Fi are selling the DE for $25.99.

16. Mr Sam

Mr Sam "...don't look so good no more"

no "Do Me Good" on this Deluxe set?

17. wolf66

wolf66 New Member

I got a Deluxe Edition 2CD set from the UK in a SACD Jewel Box and it is the standard 100% peak version :(

The Barcode info is on the upper right hand back corner - on the "right" one that Mal provided a link to the amazon site, the little amazon picture of the back cover put the barcode in the lower right corner. Is that the one to look for ? Mal ?

18. ClausH

ClausH Senior Member

The back cover looks like this and it doesn't have a jewel case.

[​IMG]

19. wolf66

wolf66 New Member

Thanks Claus !

20. tcj

tcj Senior Member

It's a really nice slipcase box, kind of like what Pink Floyd's Pulse comes in, but larger, and inside is a very high quality digipak with the two CDs in trays on either side of a very nice book of photos and lyrics. An absolute steal for the price. The only downside is that it lacks the album cover's photo, which I found a little strange - I figured it would be on the digipak on the inside, but it's not.

21. therockman

therockman Senior Member In Memoriam

Thank you, I just ordered this Deluxe Edition.

22. wolf66

wolf66 New Member

The right one, I assume ....
    Where, Rocky ?

23. therockman

24. jl151080

jl151080 Senior Member

Thanks for the info.

The Jewel case version of the 'deluxe edition' was on sale for £9.95 at my local HMV last week, so I went for that.

Shame to hear it isn't the 'good' sounding version, though.

25. therockman

Does anybody know by reading the listing if I ordered the right one?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.