American Idol Season/Series 10, 2011 discussion - ***possible spoilers***

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by ivan_wemple, Jan 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lv70smusic

lv70smusic Senior Member

At least her back story piece was amusing, but the audition was pretty boring.

2. Evan L

Evan L Beatologist

It doesn't suck as much as I thought it would without Cowell, but it also just isn't very interesting either.

Evan

3. Driver 8

Driver 8 Senior Member

For me the show has never been about the judges, but rather about the contestants.

4. JohnG

JohnG PROG now in Dolby ATMOS!

I liked that last contestant last night who is autistic yet sang "You Shook Me".

One good thing about Tyler being aboard, we should get a little more rock.

5. Driver 8

Driver 8 Senior Member

He slaughtered "Oh, Darling!" tonight. :eek:

Not quite as bad as Carrot Top's massacre of "Let It Be."

6. JohnG

I'm taping tonight's AI. I'll catch up with it later.

7. Driver 8

Driver 8 Senior Member

I enjoyed last season, but I didn't see a single talented contestant tonight. The baritone kid who sang the Josh Turner? song came closest.

8. JohnG

A little shocked that 17 year old Victoria Huggins got sent home. That kid has a big voice and a lot of moxie.

[​IMG]

9. ... but does he master more than one song?

10. Couldn't connect with her and found her voice just a little annoying.

11. JohnG

After watching tonights ep, that Ashley Sullivan is a crack addict.

[​IMG]

12. JohnG

[​IMG]

And damn did Julie Zorrilla look delicious tonight.

13. violarules

violarules Senior Member

In the very last group, the blonde (of the couple where the guy got sent home the first day in Hollywood) was horrible!!! I think she was the worst I heard all night! And she was sent through?! :confused:

And the guy in that last group was a total baby... At first I thought it was just the editing, but even in his performance it seemed like he didn't care. He evidently had the attitude that "I'm a singer/songwriter, I don't have to do this dancing crap" but it just made him look immature and childish. :sigh:

14. shokhead

shokhead Head shok and you still don't what it is. HA!

I agree the blonde was a dud. Also that 15 year old everyone was making a deal over wasn't doing any of the moves and didn't sing very well either and I was surprised he made it.

15. applebonkerz

applebonkerz Senior Member

I was thinking that one girl group near the end last night, that had the person who almost quit, should just form a permanent group and go make a record right now together. I usually don't like that type of music very much, but they really sounded great together.

16. phish

phish Jack Your Body

for sure. i'm glad she's gone.

17. phish

phish Jack Your Body

i was thinking more m3th.

18. violarules

violarules Senior Member

Yeah, the group where they kicked out the 15-year-old kid. You were primed not to like them because they kicked the kid out, but they did sound darned good. They were the only group that sounded like a group; they just gelled. Their sound was totally different from any other group's sound, and in a good way. It almost sounded like they had a completely different backing band; that's how much their sound was different.

19. JohnG

It was odd she threatens to quit, has what looks like a breakdown, runs outside with her "boyfriend" and then reappears later with a totally different attitude, did she score some good ****?

No way will she be America's Idol, maybe America's crack Idol. :D

20. applebonkerz

applebonkerz Senior Member

They were good too, but not the group that I was talking about. I meant the group of 4 girls with the one girl who was thinking about quitting the show.

21. JohnG

The group that had all minors and their mothers watching was very impressive.

22. zen

zen Senior Member

I found last night's "group" show to be dull, dull, dull....and it was an effective way of getting rid of some good (or unique) singers. Bravo AI. :rolleyes:

23. JohnG

[​IMG]

This girl is fascinating. Yes she can actually sing but she's a complete emotional wack job yet AI keeps her.

'Emotional time bomb' moves on

That's not to say there wasn't any big drama. Far from it.

Ashley Sullivan has been the meltdown queen of Hollywood — host Ryan Seacrest called her an “emotional time bomb” — but her final solo was the first time she had suffered one onstage. Singing Michael Buble’s “Everything” to her boyfriend, she locked here gaze on him the whole time ... and forgot the words. Then she turned to the judges ... and lost it again. “Go to the chorus,” Randy Jackson said mercifully.

After it finally ended, she headed out in tears.

“I’m sorry,” she told her boyfriend.

“No, you did good ... you did good,” he said.

“You’re a liar,” she replied.

Perhaps he was bending the truth, but the judges still saw enough in her to send her to the next round. Either she’s really great when you hear her live, or the judges are curious to see what psychological damage they can do to her when she takes the stage in Las Vegas next week.

24. Not trying to be mean but I thought the same thing. To my surprise her performance was actually quite good in the end.

25. Rhythm, nerves of steel and a bunch of soccer moms to watch over them - they were great. :righton:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.