Amazon had insane prices on many boxsets*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by mrjinks, Oct 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boaz

Boaz Forum Resident

after canceling my PF box - i still manage to get 3 boxs : Robert Plant, Doors, Genesis (70-75).

do I need any of them ? No.

already have the Genesis Box.
    Already have the Cube for the Doors.
    Only intrested in Plants first Two albums.

But what can i say.

2. Jazzis

Jazzis Forum Resident

Exactly Boaz... what can you say... ;) Such deals are too sweet to let them by, or are they?

3. Jazzis

Jazzis Forum Resident

Not really - all this was already discussed earlier on this thread - you were 100 % aware of the fact that this deal is NOT REALISTIC and therefore Amazon could, if they wanted to, ask you to pay the full price or return the goods and would win the case in court.

http://www.stevehoffman.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=197471&page=18

4. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

Well, there are all sorts of deals that "junior" members can't see. Furthermore, this sale is over.

5. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

Hopefully the thread won't get derailed with discussion of the morality of taking advantage of a suspected pricing error. Oh please. :rolleyes:

6. kozy814

kozy814 Forum Resident

It's an illness we all happily suffer here at SHF. I also have all the PF CDs I will ever listen to. I was dancing like a pineapple when I thought I was getting the overblown artifact for only 25 skins. For some dumb reason I'm still bummed. Go figure...

7. beauford1313

beauford1313 The Busta Rhymes of the Ukraine

I wasn't asking for the thread to be moved. I was just stating a fact. I should post more. I like it here. Lot's of intellegent discussion instead of just a bunch of "awesome" or "sucks". :)

As far as the PF box and Amazon goes, taking advantage of Amazon's mistake is not my intention. In fact other than sending an email asking why my order was canceled, I haven't contacted them. I just want to be treated fairly and like every other customer. I don't think that's too much to ask.

In the interest of being fair, it won't upset me if this thread is moved back to the Marketplace. I don't expect special treatment and I'll try to participate more so that I can access that forum.

8. Well, well, well. I finally received the email that everyone else here did--that the price was an error and that the box set was not going to be sold to me at that price. However, I received the email AFTER the box had shipped and my credit card had been charged!

9. That is exactly what I did. There is nothing wrong with that. In fact, to hold corporations accountable is the right thing to do, not the wrong thing.

10. PH416156

PH416156 Alea Iacta Est

:shake: really sorry for you

So they:

1 Cancelled your order two days ago;
    2 Then they reinstated it.
    3 Later they shipped the box.
    4 Now they tell you it was an error after shipping and charging your credit card??

Now if this is not very poor customer service I do not know what it is...

11. Well, nothing to feel sorry for as it appears I am still getting the box as it has shipped and left Amazon's hands. I was charged $26.96. If Amazon asks me to return the discs, I will do so. I doubt they will, but I guess it is a possibility.

You did get the sequence of events correct. It was extremely poor customer service.

12. agentalbert

agentalbert Senior Member

I think you misunderstand. He got the Pink Floyd box for $24. They apparently shipped his order before they could cancel it. So I'm sure he's happy.

I don't know why people are getting so indignant at Amazon for not filling all of these. The people who got their order filled should consider themselves lucky and the rest of us should shrug it off and move on. If you feel so horribly wronged by not being able to take advantage of Amazon's mistake, then you're certainly free to never shop at Amazon again. What will that get you?

13. Romerovm

Romerovm Forum Resident

I am mad at myself that I didn't see this on time. :sigh:

However, I am happy for you guys that got some of these items for cheap. It is ridiculous to "be mad" at Amazon. If anything, I'd feel like buying a few items from them at regular prices. :agree:

14. stereoptic

stereoptic Anaglyphic GORT Staff

Exactly!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.