Amazon clearance sale : Post finds here

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by kwadguy, Aug 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. evanft

evanft Forum Resident

Oh, believe me, it was very much called for.

2. street legal

street legal Senior Member

No it wasn't. I for one would never buy a CD without it's associated artwork. Ever. So there.

3. ivan_wemple

ivan_wemple Senior Member

Agreed that it wasn't called for. We should all be respectful that different people view this hobby through different eyes. For some, it's _ALL_ about the music (and that is fine). But for others, distinctions involving artwork, quality of artwork, retail vs. club copies, etc., are also very important. And there are lots of folks in this second camp who hang around here. Failure to respect this point of view seems pretty narrow-minded and inconsiderate to me.

4. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

No, it wasn't. kwadguy took time out to provide information on the item you were going to purchase. You should be thankful that he did, even if the information was not important to you.

5. evanft

evanft Forum Resident

Whoa there guys, I was just joking.

6. japes

japes Senior Member

Emoticons are your friend. :D

7. evanft

evanft Forum Resident

:edthumbs::cheers::agree::shtiphat:

8. Tjazz

Tjazz Breakfast at (a record store)

I got the Madonna 3-LP. It would have been OK, if the box had been taped together before shipping. The box was loose, so the side would collapse. So the spine is bent.

Attached Files:

9. Tjazz

Tjazz Breakfast at (a record store)

The Dr John, Boz Scaggs, and Who LPs arrived together. The Dr. John was enclosed in it's own LP box. Very nice. Luckily, these LPs were NOT damaged. Shipped in an extra large box with air bubble envelops. The Boz Scaggs was not sealed. Just wrapped with a plastic sleeve.

Attached Files:

10. Turnaround

Turnaround Senior Member

Lang Lang - St Petersburg Philharmonic Orchestra / Yuri Temirkanov
    Rachmaninoff: Piano Concerto No. 3, Scriabin Etudes [SACD] - $8.99
    http://www.amazon.com/Rachmaninoff-...=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1284075084&sr=8-3

This is an early Lang Lang recording on Telarc, and his first concerto recording, before he signed with current label Deutsche Grammophon.

The Gramophone review from 2002:

11. Sammy Banderas

Sammy Banderas Forum Resident

Sorry to hear about that! I got my Madonna album in the mail yesterday. Thankfully, it wasn't damaged. If I were you, I'd sent that lp back! There's just no excuse for flimsy packaging like that.

12. Davidmk5

Davidmk5 Forum Resident

I can not believe how bad they are packing stuff , last few lp's i got from them the lp's were shrinkwrapped to a piece of cardboard , stuck in a bigger box & then the "pillows" all arrived okay like that ....
    seems most of these are regular price again , guess they have to cover all the rerturns ...........which they will sell cheap .

13. zongo

zongo Forum Resident

I got it. I laughed. Sorry if anyone else felt bad or felt like they were being made fun of.

14. RiRiIII

RiRiIII Forum Resident

Same here regarding the Scaggs LP (ie not sealed but with a sleeve and 180 gr sticker). Both LPs (Scaggs and Dr John) were very safely wrapped together with a heavy carton and placed in a quite large and deep box. No danage at all. Very satisfied.:)

15. zongo

zongo Forum Resident

Yeah, mine were shipped OK, although not ideally, but they came through all right. Sadly, the REM Document pressing is somewhat warped, punched off center and has a palpable lesion on the first song (which doesn't make a sound). It is nice thick heavy vinyl. It plays despite the warp and actually sounds very good except for the pitch variation due to off-center hole.

Pathetic if you ask me. Absolutely pathetic that a brand new vinyl would be manufactured like this. I can't decide whether to bother sending it back to get another. The next one would probably be just as bad. This kind of crapola really dampens my enthusiasm for buying new vinyl, even at the $4 price or whatever it was I paid for it.

16. Claxton

Claxton I like chicks and cars and partyin’ hard

The issue that my Document vinyl had was that the spindle hole was too small. I had to scrape a good amount out of it just so it would go on the spindle without me having to exert too much force (or bend it six ways to Sunday trying to get it off). Other than that, it plays wonderfully and was well worth the $4.

17. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member Thread Starter

The trick for spindle holes that are too small is to take a pen with a barrel that's somewhat larger than the hole and push that into the hole to open it up a bit. Usually the hole is only slightly too small, and this take care of it.

18. Davidmk5

Davidmk5 Forum Resident

Good tip , better than getting the Vinyl "stuck" on the table the 1st few times.

19. etzeppy

etzeppy Forum Resident

I got one of these Dr. John LPs too and was surprised by the packaging. It's own sealed LP box, separately sealed LP, bonus CD, and thick (likely 200g) vinyl. Since it was a clearance item at less than $5, someone must have lost money on that project.

20. Doc Sarvis

Doc Sarvis Forum Resident

Here's what I've gotten so far (all vinyl)

Dark Knight Soundtrack - Double 180gm
    Hopewell - Good Good Desperation
    Madonna - Hard Candy (triple set with CD)
    Alice Cooper - Along Came a Spider
    Harry Connick Jr - Your Songs - Double 180gm
    Nickel Eye - s/t
    The Who - Endless Wire (double)
    Whichever Maxwell was on sale
    Booker T - Potato Hole

(Of all these the only one over $5 was the Madonna (my least favorite of the bunch - likely headed for Goodwill).

21. cdash99

cdash99 Senior Member

+1

It was packed well though.:shrug:

22. Just got my 9 LPs today, all floating around together at the bottom of a large box with the inflated cushions. Only one appears damaged, with a deep diagonal fold 4" across one corner.

23. LordThanos1969

LordThanos1969 Forum Resident

I gave up on buying vinyl from Amazon after two straight orders of LPs forced into boxes too small. No amount of negative feedback or customer dissatisfaction seems to be able to alter their awful shipping methods.

24. Claxton

Claxton I like chicks and cars and partyin’ hard

Not really a clearance deal, but these are "Lightning Deals" today that are only up for a couple of hours.

First is Dylan's Greatest Hits 1-3 Box Set. It's normally $43.85, but for the next hour it's $19.99 (71% have claimed at this time, so act fast!)

Additionally, another Dylan box goes up at 8 AM PDT, 11 AM EDT. It doesn't say just what it is, maybe "Biograph"?

Link to Deals page

25. discreplayboss

discreplayboss Forum Resident

Wow, no bubblewrap and one of the 6 Cd's I ordered was in the middle of the stack of six records I ordered... Only one small spilt on the top edge of one of the records though....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.