Amazon clearance sale : Post finds here

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by kwadguy, Aug 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member Thread Starter

Attached Files:

2. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

My Boz Scaggs arrived. Absolutely ridiculous packing, just like you guys warned us about ! WAY oversized box full of inflated "pillows," the album down at the bottom of the box...appears undamaged so far. Ripped Amazon a new one in their " packaging feedback," esp. since I and all of my family spend THOUSANDS there each year. Told them if they can't LEARN how to pack vinyl, and use the APPROPRIATE packing materials (like sellers here on the forum do) then STOP SELLING VINYL !!! Jesus, I don't know how to ship vinyl either, which is WHY I DON'T TRY !!! Bad case of the dumba$$ for sure.

3. Tjazz

Tjazz Breakfast at (a record store)

Hey, better an oversized box, than a smaller box. :winkgrin:

4. Myke

The man has a point. :agree:

5. Jeff Edwards

Jeff Edwards Senior Member

I ordered one and got the AT440MLA. Unfortunately, the cartridge was loose in the case and came with a bent stylus (or cantilever, I guess) so I'm requesting a replacement.

6. grouploner

grouploner Forum Resident

I'll attest to this...my John Hiatt "Same Old Man" arrived today, in similar packaging...except the box was UNDERsized. Was kinda smashed in diagonally, cover was all bent up and I'm sure the vinyl is, if not cracked, then at least severely warped (being all bent up in the 90-degree-plus heat we've been having the past week or so). Don't have a camera to post, but it looks very similar to kwadguy's Bravery LP pictures in post #58.

This is the first time this has happened with them, although they've had a few issues with shaky packaging in the past they've not wrecked anything of mine until now.

I've still got shipments to come yet, and I've purchased vinyl from Amazon before, and will probably do so again (due to their return policy it's easy to get reimbursed if something happens), but it seems criminal how much money they're wasting in shipping, and all the vinyl that their employees are destroying...all due to a lack of basic common sense and knowledge about the product being shipped.

As with all the others, I'll leave feedback regarding the packaging.

7. kwadguy

I got my replacement for the Bravery LP today. THIS time, they put the LP in an LP mailer box, and put THAT box inside of a big box with pillow packs. Now, THAT'S the way to ship an LP.

Unfortunately, every other LP they shipped me did NOT come that way!

8. Thanks for this thread.
    How do you search for clearance items on Amazon? Or is this something that you get in an email alert?

I order a bunch of LPs today. Hopefully they'll arrive intact:

1 of: Potato Hole [Vinyl]
    By: Booker T.
    Condition: New
    Sold by: Amazon.com, LLC
    $4.55

1 of: Woody's Greatest Hits [Vinyl]
    By: Woody Guthrie
    $3.53

1 of: Woody's Roots [Vinyl]
    $3.53

1 of: Woody the Agitator [Vinyl]
    $3.53

1 of: Studio One DJ's, Vol. 2 [Vinyl]
    By: Various Artists
    $7.99

1 of: Boz Scaggs (180 Gram Audiophile Vinyl)
    By: Boz Scaggs
    $4.55

1 of: Dynamite: Dancehall Style, Vol. 2 [Vinyl]
    By: Various Artists
    $7.49

9. Gizmondi

Gizmondi New Member

I ordered and received two copies of The Who's "Endless Wire" on vinyl(s). Box was perhaps 13" x 20" NO PILLOWS, no nuthin'! Two LPs rubber banded together and tossed into a box. Slightly bent corners.

I think that those Amazon order pullers under 35 think we are ordering calendars.

10. mayoski

mayoski Forum Resident

This has been going on for a long time with Amazon. Below are pics of two shipments I received March of this year. I submitted feedback with pics... you can see the sides of the too-small boxes pushed out by the LP's. If they are still doing this, why do they bother to have a feedback system?

Attached Files:

11. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

Too small boxes is RIDICULOUS. Geez, you're AMAZON. BUY SOME LP MAILERS.

12. Amazon will continue to ship vinyl in that manner. As a long-time customer, they simply refuse to adapt their shipping and fulfillment procedures for unusual items. That is why I will continue to not use them for certain product categories.

13. BartK

BartK Forum Resident

I just received my order of six LPs from just a couple of days ago, maybe Monday. They combined it with an earlier order of a couple of ink carts and a CD. Anyway, it arrived in an oversized box with the LPs loose on the bottom underneath plastic pillows. Fortunately, no harm came to any of the LPs or the other items.

14. kwadguy

For two of the replacement albums that they sent me (after I returned the ones damaged due to poor packaging), the albums were packaged properly: An LP packing box, sealed, then placed in a slightly larger big box, with pillow packaging on top and below the LP packing box. Perfect (and expensive, of course).

I wondered: How could they sometimes have a clue, and other times...not. If they have LP shipping boxes, why are they shipping in big boxes?

Well, I figured out the answer. Amazon sources from various suppliers. Usually, it's their own warehouse. But sometimes, if they're out of stock, it's from one of a handful of third party distributors. In this case: SuperD/ImportCDs. Those replacement LPs came from SuperD (with an Amazon return label) and they were properly packaged.

15. GroovinGarrett

GroovinGarrett Mrs. Stately's Garden

A large box of 6 LP's came today from Amazon. Never again.

No pillows, no bubble wrap, no nothing. Six LP's thrown loose in a large box and taped shut. Every single one has corner dents. They're all going back along with a letter and an email, suggesting on how they can improve on packaging product of this sort. I doubt if anyone will read it, but it's worth a try.

Not mad, just disappointed.

16. BartK

BartK Forum Resident

AT440MLa back up to $123.88 this morning.

17. white wolf

white wolf Forum Resident

Shipping vinyl is easy. You use a cardboard LP mailer. You can buy them from bags unlimited. Amazon should be able to buy them from someone for a reasonable cost.

18. black sheriff

black sheriff Magic City

Anyone?...Anyone? This is supposed to be a group effort.

19. kwadguy

The Boz Scaggs album has finally increased to standard price. Hopefully each and every person here who had any interest got one...

20. Myke

And thank you for putting some Duane into my collection of his work, that I would never have known was being offered at that price. To say I couldn't have done it without you is no exaggeration at all.

21. deadcoldfish

deadcoldfish Senior Member

So my Mark Stewart LP was shipped from the Kentucky warehouse is one of the too small boxes. :(

We'll see just how warped it is, but it'll be going back. I think the packaging is dependent on which warehouse is shipping it, but you would think Amazon would strive for a more consistent approach company-wide.

But no ...

22. black sheriff

black sheriff Magic City

Attached Files:

• REK.jpg
      REK.jpg
      File size:
      28.2 KB
      Views:
  23. black sheriff

black sheriff Magic City

BTW I just received a shipping confirmation email from Amazon. Did any of yours say shipped by Lasership?

Attached Files:

24. Sammy Banderas

Sammy Banderas Forum Resident

25. cdash99

cdash99 Senior Member

An earlier poster asked if there was a specific place on the site where they have these listed. Is there any consensus on this?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.