Amazon clearance sale : Post finds here

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by kwadguy, Aug 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. evanft

evanft Forum Resident

2. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member Thread Starter

OK, I take back everything good I said about Amazon and how they ship vinyl. While the few I got yesterday were well packed, I got a LOT of boxes today, and they were all packed like someone else had suggested: The LP(s) in a big box with pillow packs.

Now, to be honest, that can be OK.

But they also packed some of the LPs in boxes that weren't even wide enough, so that the LPs were shoved diagonally into the box...which, in some cases (you guessed it) leads to bends and warps.

I am going to have to return six albums from five different shipments, for ailments such as warps, bends, and stuff like that....grrr...

3. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

Wow, diagonal?!? That's just stupid, sorry.

4. BradOlson

BradOlson Country/Christian Music Maven

I will have to report on how they shipped my Boz Scaggs vinyl when it comes to my house.

5. black sheriff

black sheriff Magic City

Sorry to hear about your damaged records. Be sure to leave feedback for the packaging. I am still waiting on mine. Fingers crossed.

6. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

Yeah, if my Boz is like that, I'll need to focus on the $4.49 price tag, and not raise my already high blood pressure ! :realmad:

I already know I have no business shipping vinyl, because I have no experience, so I simply don't try !!!! At least Acoustic Sounds packs like they're shipping your grandmother...

7. black sheriff

black sheriff Magic City

Oh yeah, that someone was me.:wave:Thanks.

8. kwadguy

Here's a case in point, received today, going back today for a replacement:

Attached Files:

9. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

I'm going to cry... :shake:

10. kwadguy

Here's a good deal. Fulfilled by Amazon (free shipping with Prime or > $25), though sold by a third party. It's the EMI "101 Hits of the '70s" collection. 5CDs. A pretty good survey of songs on EMI controlled labels from the '70s, everything from Queen, John Lennon and Paul McCartney and The Beach Boys to Roxy Music, Ian Dury, Mud, Roy Wood, etc.

For $10 you can't go wrong:

http://www.amazon.com/101-70s-Hits-Various-Artists/dp/B000TUC4X2

11. RiRiIII

RiRiIII Forum Resident

Thanks! just ordered Scaggs and Dr John!

12. evanft

evanft Forum Resident

Do we know if the mastering is any good?

13. The uk listing has 5 positive reviews noting that these songs are perfomed by original artists, but nothing on sound quality.

14. George Blair

George Blair Senior Member

15. Davidmk5

Davidmk5 Forum Resident

Cheapest i have ever seen on amazon was $90 on this cart.

16. BartK

BartK Forum Resident

Not sure what happened, but the Amazon listings for the AT440MLa and the AT440ML seem to be corrupted. The cart pictured in the above link is actually the AT440ML even though the Amazon listing is titled "AT440MLa". The actual AT440MLa cart is titled "Dual Moving Magnet", and it's price is currently $167.

Did anyone here order the cartridge using the link above? It will be interesting to see which cartridge you get.

17. kwadguy

I expect it will be indifferent. 101 tracks from dozens of groups--most likely you get whatever is the standard digital pull master for each group. I doubt anything was remastered for this set.

This is probably not an audiophile's dream. But it's good one stop playlist shopping. I like things like this to play in the car with my daughter...hoping she'll discover something "new" she likes...

18. DaleH

DaleH Forum Resident

I think it would be an AT440mla and the stock photo is wrong. That listing is in house and the other one is an associate. I guess you could return it if you received a 440ml but that cartridge is out of print anyway as far as i know. This one and the Denon DL160 are a bargain at $100 but not so much at $150+ in my opinion. I'd get one of these if I didn't have so many cartridges already.

My order has a 9/7 ship date.:(

19. If somebody ordered the Dr. John vinyl and has no real use for the bonus CD (with the album on it), I would buy the CD for $5 shipped to the U.S. (so you get the vinyl more or less for free if you ordered it for around $4).

Please PM with any offers. Thanks.

20. Tjazz

Tjazz Breakfast at (a record store)

I'll sell it. pm to rjstauber.

21. RiRiIII

RiRiIII Forum Resident

Dr John LP+CD back to premium price today...

22. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

That is a good deal. I ordered it. Unfortunately, the '60s and '80s sets are $65 each, but I shouldn't be greedy. :D

23. nightenrock

nightenrock Forum Resident

Thanks for the tips! I just ordered:

• Document (Vinyl) - Rem $4.04
    • Endless Wire [Vinyl] - Who $3.03
    • 101 70's Hits - Various Artists $9.99
    • Along Came A Spider [Vinyl] - Alice Cooper $4.67
    • Boz Scaggs (180 Gram Audiophile Vinyl) - Boz Scaggs $4.49
    • Potato Hole [Vinyl] - Booker T. $4.49

24. grouploner

grouploner Forum Resident

I had started a thread on this a couple months back (here in the "Marketplace" section), but got no response or anything, so I figured no one was interested.

(see http://www.stevehoffman.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=220386 for my original post)

When I ordered this back in June, it was listed as an AT440ML (they've since corrected that to the 440MLa), with the 440ML photo. At the time they also had a separate listing for the 440MLa at the higher price, both listings in-house.

I took a chance and ordered it back then, and I did receive the 440MLa. So I'm assuming that's probably what you'll get too.

Great cartridge at an incredible price, you done good, worth waiting a week for shipment...

25. black sheriff

black sheriff Magic City

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.