Amazon clearance sale : Post finds here

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by kwadguy, Aug 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. black sheriff

black sheriff Magic City

A couple more:

Static-X - Cult of Static [Vinyl] $3.99
    http://www.amazon.com/Cult-Static-V...r_1_14?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1283172234&sr=1-14

Hank Williams Jr. - Habits Old and New [Vinyl LP with Bonus CD] $3.99
    http://www.amazon.com/Habits-Old-Ne...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1283172337&sr=1-1

Hank Williams Jr. - The Pressure Is On [Vinyl LP with Bonus CD] $3.99
    http://www.amazon.com/Pressure-Viny...=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1283172337&sr=1-2

UFO - The Visitor (LP) [Vinyl] $4.49
    http://www.amazon.com/Visitor-LP-Vi...=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1283172443&sr=1-4

Attached Files:

• UFO.jpg
      UFO.jpg
      File size:
      39.9 KB
      Views:
  2. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member Thread Starter

The Boz Scaggs is down to "two left". Usually when this happens, the price will revert back to normal price within 30 minutes of someone buying those last two...Last chance...probably...

3. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

Thanks ! Ordered !!! And I've got Prime ! :righton:

4. Claxton

Claxton I like chicks and cars and partyin’ hard

Thanks to this thread, I got the R.E.M. "Document" vinyl for $3.99. Hope Amazon doesn't pack it as bad as they usually do when I get vinyl from them.

As an aside, what can I expect from this pressing? Any good?

5. kwadguy

How does Amazon normally pack vinyl? Do they use LP mailers? Or do they put the record in a huge box?

6. black sheriff

black sheriff Magic City

It most likely will come in a HUGE box. Just be sure to leave feedback for the packaging. Maybe they will eventually figure it out.:cheers:

7. black sheriff

black sheriff Magic City

In a HUGE box with a couple of big bubble pads which really do nothing to protect the record(s). You will be disappointed.

8. black sheriff

black sheriff Magic City

9. Myke

Oh, this is gonna be interesting ! We'll see in 2 days...:sigh:

10. GroovinGarrett

GroovinGarrett Mrs. Stately's Garden

The Boz Scaggs is still available for $4.49, with an additional 1-2 day turnaround time.

Haven't found anything else besides what's already posted here, but this customer review on the Harry Connick Jr. album was humorous:

"It said vinyl, but I didn't believe it. it's true. You need a record player to hear this one. I sent it back."

Yeah. :rolleyes:

11. kwadguy

The first four LPs arrived at my house today. Each shipped in its own big box. No damage to any of them, though. Each LP was wrapped with plastic wrap along with a cardboard backing plate, and that was placed in the box, with bubble wrap. (If you've ordered books from Amazon, you know what I'm talking about).

Attached Files:

12. misterclean

misterclean Forum Resident

13. Myke

Yes, and thank you AGAIN ! First you post the great thread, then you update us, now you reassure us about the packing... can we get a round of applesauce for this guy ? C'mon, give him a ham !!! :righton: :laugh:

14. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

15. black sheriff

black sheriff Magic City

This is new. A couple of months back it was just the box with a couple of large bubble pads. Glad to see they're making some progress.Thanks for the update.:cheers:

16. Great, a customer returns an order because it was as described and exactly what he ordered. He wanted something other than he ordered and Amazon should be burdened with a customer return as a result of that? Pretty sad and it is no wonder it is very difficult for online retailers to make a profit.

17. kwadguy

18. MLutthans

MLutthans That's my spaghetti, Chewbacca! Staff

Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    George Carlin
    US comedian and actor (1937 - 2008)

19. etzeppy

etzeppy Forum Resident

I grabbed one at the clearance price yesterday thanks to this thread. I hope it's a decent pressing.

20. black sheriff

black sheriff Magic City

Please let us know. When I saw Cleopatra I got a little nervous.

21. fatcat28037

fatcat28037 Forum Resident

Wow! Thanks for the heads-up, I ordered Thriller & Revolver.

22. BradOlson

BradOlson Country/Christian Music Maven

23. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

24. Myke

25. Walt

Walt Forum Resident

I love this album... part of me wishes i had waited to get it at this price, but that would have meant all those months (err - year, i believe) of living without it. My girlfriend ordered her own copy since it's that inexpensive.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.