Alice Cooper School's Out Audio Fidelity

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by vinyl diehard, Feb 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vinyl diehard

vinyl diehard Two-Channel Forever Thread Starter

Anyone know what the hold up is with this release?

My CDUniverse order is backordered.:confused:

2. ksmitty

ksmitty Senior Member

When I spoke with Audio Fidelity this AM they informed that it was shipping this week.

3. eelkiller

eelkiller One of the great unwashed

Mine is backordered too but the price is right.

4. Perhaps they were holding the titles until Audio Fidelity launched their club so they could assign the lower numbers to members.

5. RemarkablyInsincere

RemarkablyInsincere Active Member

Glad to hear it... absolutely can't wait for this!

6. PMC7027

PMC7027 Forum Hall Of Fame

Marshall told me today that AF will start shipping tomorrow (the 17th), although I did not ask hime which title(s) would be shipping.

7. PhilCohen

PhilCohen Forum Resident

Though I continue to have a backorder for "The Cars-Heartbeat City" Gold CD with CD Universe, my enthusiasm for Audio Fidelity's renewed activity with Gold CD releases has cooled, due to the company's continued inability to get the discs to dealers.

The quality of the "Alice Cooper-School's Out" or "The Cars-Heartbeat City" gold CD's is irrelevant if the consumer can't buy the product. It's a good thing that I didn't sell off my old Elektra "target"(*) CD pressing of "Heartbeat City".

*I.E. early, Polygram-West Germany pressed disc.

8. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host

Are you like, um, on our planet? Marshall may be many things to many people but he can't control the weather. At least not yet.

9. badfingerjoe

badfingerjoe Senior Member

Why should there be a problem with getting the discs into stores? I have all the past titles and I never ordered 1 through the mail....
    I'm hoping that things will be the same for the next round and future issues....

JF

10. RemarkablyInsincere

I'm chomping at the bit to get my hands on this and other releases too, but while any delay is frustrating to us enthusiasts, once we get these discs in our hands we're going to get thousands of hours of enjoyment out of them at the least.

11. PhilCohen

PhilCohen Forum Resident

Yes, but Marshall said that there was a five day delay in shipping the discs out to dealers. But the online dealers are now projecting that they won't have the product until mid-March.......a month after the so-called release date.

12. Blair G.

Blair G. Senior Member

When I spoke to AF today they said there were indeed artwork delays, then they decided they might as well wait a little bit longer until the subscription was up and running before sending them out.

Personally, I am not that worried about the ship date.
    I'm just really happy Marshall has seen to fit to re-launch Gold CDs.
    And I'm supporting the venture by subscribing, even though I can probably get them a little cheaper elsewhere.

13. filper

filper Forum Resident

It's not like AF is baking a cake.

Be patient.

It's been 37 years since 'School's Out' was released... what's a few days ?

14. johnny33

johnny33 New Member

I think what happens is because of the net and the public knowledge of every play by play of a new product people are hypersensitive to "dates".That especially happens at this forum. Me included.

We didnt know back in the DCC days the specific whens or what titles many times. Times, titles, distribution details etc probably changed numerous times back then also - we just didnt know it. When a Classic Records was released it was like " Wow, I didnt know they were doing that!" The rumors turning to it could be true to it is true to is it really coming out etc.. etc... didnt happen in such minutia.

And we were probably better off not knowing. It was a happy surprise when a cd or lp and less stressful ( apparently) when we werent so aware of the "business".

Even in the Music Matters thread we start biting at the bullet as soon as we get our paws on a released 45. And Joe is unusually uniquely helpful with updates and setting things pretty much in stone. Yet even with MM , after we receive one 45 , its only a short time after that we start yelling :

" Whens the next one coming out?!? :confused: :laugh:

I think also that there is a fear that something might happen. " Oh no, they changed their minds!" " What if its not really coming out?? :( " etc etc.

If there is one thing Ive realized from being here ( and I know very little about the business side of things) the music business is a strange cat and I have to try and go with the flow and just let it happen as it happens. I dont like that... Im an all or nothing kind of guy and ocd but thats the way it rocks I am thinking.

Maybe I am off.. but I try and keep these things in mind.

15. PaulB

PaulB Forum Resident

I don't think any official date was actually stated by AF. It's the online stores that posted that date, and how often do they get it wrong?

16. Good point. ;)

17. vinyl diehard

That sounds plausible.

18. The AF site states today 'available now' for Alice and the Cars, until yesterday I think it said mid Feb.

19. vinyl diehard

Artwork delays? Where's the problem? Original artwork faithfully reproduced with some additional liner notes. No problem.....:thumbsup:

20. filper

filper Forum Resident

I think we are very lucky to get 'next up' from AF via Steve...

Stop grumpin' or the head's up may go away.

21. vinyl diehard

I think the AF site has been saying available now since 10 Feb. And it still does.

22. PaulB

PaulB Forum Resident

I have just gotten used to slightly variable release dates for smaller labels like AF, MFSL, AP. Even if the product was ready for a targeted date, the distribution just isn't there for most retailers to have it for that date. Usually the first to have the product is the label itself.

It makes one realize what a daunting task it is to have that latest Britney Spears album at all those stores ready for that specific day.

23. steveharris

steveharris Senior Member

I`m sure we are getting these before you know it.It`s not like we were emailed with three month delays(Paranoid SACD)
    I`m sure Marshall is behind all the crazy weather We`ve been having around here!!:cheers:

24. pdenny

pdenny 22-Year SHTV Participation Trophy Recipient

Your healthily pragmatic attitude is not welcome here :angel:

25. RemarkablyInsincere

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.