Alan Parsons' Classic Records HDAD Re-Issued!!

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Larry B, Jan 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chris C

Chris C Music was my first love and it will be my last!

I'm not going to go into for the 10th time, try doing a search and I'm sure that you will find a thread on it. The funny thing to me is, that some people here actually still think that the HDAD of "Eye In The Sky" has no problems and I just don't get how they can't here the problems?

Chris C

2. Metoo

Metoo Forum Hall Of Fame

In reality it seems that Classic Records have been a little clumsy with their Alan Parsons HDADs*, but this does not make the effort less praiseworthy.

*Some of the discs have a certain amount of DC offset and IIRC I Robot has a redundant folder on the disk with the same music (yet a different file size). This seems to show very little attention placed on the product. Other than that, the discs sound quite nice and if you can eliminate the DC offset on yours they will sound even better.

3. nukevor

nukevor Active Member

so...get them on Classic Records site or themusic.com?

4. A.G. Pennypacker

A.G. Pennypacker Forum Resident

Whoa, didn't mean to touch a nerve on that one. Will do.

Since a few of us have received order confirmations already, I would just go ahead and get them from themusic.com.

5. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

I tried to get a copy of The Turn of a Friendly Card through Music Direct last March, and it was back-ordered. Mysteriously, it showed up at my about three weeks ago. Maybe they were first to get copies from the latest press run.

Then just yesterday, I got an e-mail message from another online vendor stating that they had just shipped me a copy that I also tried to order last March. In desperation, I placed the two orders. Now I'll have an extra. It's probably slated to go out of print again, so by next week, I'll probably be able to get $200 for it. ;)

6. Gary

Gary Nauga Gort! Staff

I'll give ya $150.00 for it right now.

;)

7. SamS

SamS Forum Legend

I think themusic.com is the ordering/fullfillment chain for Classic.

They held your orders open for 10 months??

8. therockman

therockman Senior Member In Memoriam

Exactly. I went through several copies before I gave up on finding a good one.

9. therockman

The 24/192 side was fine. The 24/96 side had a lot of serious flaws. But even with the 24/96 side, some people did not hear the flaws. I bought all of mine from a reputable dealer that kept exchanging them until I said no more. I went through 4 copies hoping for a good one.

10. Larry B

Larry B Senior Member Thread Starter

My order for the two HDAD's just arrived.

11. Markym

Markym Forum Resident

Ordered both items but only 'Turn of A Friendly Card' has shipped. They cancelled my order for 'Eye..' without notifying me! I've already paid for it with PayPal and I didn't cancel the order so can only assume that it has gone out of stock again. No payment has come back to my PayPal account.

Awaiting reply to email....

EDIT: Just noticed at bottom of order status that it has gone out of stock.

12. I ordered both titles two days ago, and it says "SHIPPED" on my account info.

Also, I wasn't aware that they have a bonus program. I had 12 points left from a previous order over $120, and I was able to subtract $12 from my latest order (1 point = 1 dollar). Nice!

Hope these discs arrive safe and well.

13. Markym

Markym Forum Resident

I ordered mine two days ago as well. One is 'SHIPPED', one is 'CANCELLED'. Point is, they never notified me they had cancelled it and they still have the money for the cancelled item requested via PayPal. Nevermind, I'm sure it will be resolved.

14. SamS

SamS Forum Legend

Both of mine show 'shipped'. I'm guessing they're coming from CA, so it will be another day or so before I know for sure what arrives.

15. ricks

ricks Senior Member

Same with me. I guess that means they have sent both? We'll see....

The site still indicates Eye as being available. They should really change that if not the case.

Rick

16. SamS

SamS Forum Legend

The way I read it, both Turn and Eye are still available?

When you put them in your card, it reads: Order: (ships as soon as possible)

17. ivan_wemple

ivan_wemple Senior Member

Yes, this was the status they were reporting last night when I ordered one of each... but what the heck does it mean?

I received an order confirmation, but no indication of stock status or shipping. I have a sneaking suspicion that they're all gone, so if I actually get one, or both, I'll be pleasantly surprised.

Congrats to those who get them. As for me, well, you snooze... you lose.

18. ricks

ricks Senior Member

Both Eye & Turn just arrived. Hopefully all who want Eye will receive soon or in the not too distant future.

Rick

19. Larry B

Larry B Senior Member Thread Starter

Mine said "ships as soon as possible" and I got them in 3 days. They have responded to my emails with the fact that there is no word on "I Robot" yet and they are checking into whether the problems wiith EITS has been fixed.

Maybe, call them: (323) 466-9694 or (800) 457-2577 (unconfirmed, just Googled)

OP

20. A.G. Pennypacker

A.G. Pennypacker Forum Resident

I just got mine today too! I have a question for you though. I know people mentioned glitches in Eye in the Sky, but does the 24/96 side of your Turn of a Friendly Card disc sound like it's skipping during the title track (Part One)? I did a quick search to see if this one had issues, but I came up empty handed. I haven't had a chance to listen to Eye in the Sky yet, but I'm crossing my fingers that one's okay.

21. therockman

Keep us posted and tell us if they have corrected all of the errors in EYE.

22. therockman

I will re-buy it for the 5th time if the glitches are gone.

23. ricks

ricks Senior Member

Is the skipping on Eye's 24/96 layer only on specific tracks, or is it random? In all likelihood I'll only use the 24/192, but I will check it out to see if this still exists.

Rick

24. SamS

SamS Forum Legend

I got both Eye and Turn yesterday. If you can tell me specifically what to listen for on the 24/96 side, I can check it right away.

25. Jamie Tate

Jamie Tate New Member

Were there only three Alan Parsons albums released by Classic? For some reason I thought there were four.

Also, who mastered these? I see Bernie Grundman's name in the liner notes but I assume that was left from the original release.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.