Alan Parsons' Classic Records HDAD Re-Issued!!

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Larry B, Jan 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SamS

SamS Forum Legend

I have tried the problematic disc on two Pioneers, and one Denon. I think the discs are all the same, as evidence by the "blip" that occurs on the video image. However, my sound is never interrupted. Seems more like a pressing problem for all discs, and some players handle the errors better than others.

2. ricks

ricks Senior Member

so much for that then. either that or the profile is out of date?

3. Hawkeye

Hawkeye Senior Member

Pioneer 563A here as well, and no skips at all on any of the three discs. I do know there were 2 or 3 firmware updates released for the 563A, and that AFAIK I have the newest one available. Dan, it might be worth looking into.

4. Metoo

Metoo Forum Hall Of Fame

What 2 or 3 firmware updates for the Pioneer 563A are you talking about? Last time I heard it was only one.

If there have been any ones after that could you point me to a link?

5. ubsman

ubsman Active Member

Where does the blip occur on each disk? I've never tried the video content on any HDAD. Up until reading about it here, didn't even know there was any video on HDADs.

6. Metoo

Metoo Forum Hall Of Fame

Ubsman, there's a small glitch that can be seen on the screen at a certain point in "Eye In The Sky."

7. ultron9

ultron9 The quest for perspicuity and grace continues...

The "Eye In The Sky" HDAD has several issues, in addition to the tracking problems on the DVD side, there are pitch problems throughout which sound like tape drag on a reel to reel deck. They need to redo this title unless some of these problems are present on the master.

8. Metoo

Metoo Forum Hall Of Fame

Yes, I know it has more issues. I was only describing the mentioned glitch.

Some of the issues you mention are digital clicks, DC offset and others, I believe, can be tracked down to the analog tape used.

9. ubsman

ubsman Active Member

226?

10. Fred68

Fred68 Loves Music

Looks like my 'Eye' is a skipper, too. Around 3:10 into the title track. On a Pioneer universal player.

11. Metoo

Metoo Forum Hall Of Fame

Have any of you who are having problems with your discs thought about ripping them to another DVD to see if that takes care of the problem? I say so, because maybe it's not the data on the discs, but the discs themselves that are failing.

12. ricks

ricks Senior Member

My ripped 24/192 of EITS plays perfectly, but then again so does my original. It's still a good idea for those having problems to try it out.

13. Dan

Dan Senior Member

Yes, I have the Pioneer 563A with firmware updates. Unlike many, I have had NO PROBLEMS with this machine playing any SACD's or DVD-A's. It has played everything flawlessly since the firmware update.

Here's another update. My disc played without issues on my friends OPPO player last night (he has a copy of EITS with no issues) and now tonight I'm playing it again on my 563A and so far I haven't had ANY issues.

It must be buggy DVD authoring or something to cause these intermittent problems.

14. ricks

ricks Senior Member

My Pioneer DV47AI has a button on the front to turn video off. If your 563A has the same feature maybe it might help??

Rick

15. GKH

GKH Senior Member

I just received the "I Robot" HDAD. And, was thinking about ordering, "Turn of a Friendly Card" HDAD.

Has this one been trouble free?

Thanks!

16. Pug

Pug The Prodigal Snob Returns!

As far as I know, yes. Mine is perfect. Only Eye in the Sky has problems.

17. GKH

GKH Senior Member

Much thanks! :righton:

18. eelkiller

eelkiller One of the great unwashed

Pug is right. They only screwed up Eye in the Sky. The others are "trouble free".

19. GKH

GKH Senior Member

Thanks!

20. GKH

GKH Senior Member

:agree: roflmao!!!!!

21. GKH

GKH Senior Member

I just finished listening to "I Robot" HDAD for the first time.

I listened to it 'red' side up (24/192). At first, I was going through the coax (DVD). Then; I switched over to SA-CD through my Blue Jeans interconnects, and Yaqin Tube Buffer. It's better this way. 'The Voice', and 'Day After Day' (The Show Must Go On) really shine!

Near the end of my listen, I switched over to all channels. :) It was full! Of course, this isn't 5.1 decoded. But; it still was nice.

22. Chris C

Chris C Music was my first love and it will be my last!

Regarding my replacement HDAD for "Turn Of A Friendly Card", seems I've had a bad dealing from the deck, if you will? At first, while trying to contact "Raymond", (the guy responsible for replacements at "themusic.com"), I couldn't get a response, after calling and e-mailing, then I mentioned him by name on THIS forum and I got an e-mail within a few hours, saying that a replacement for my faulty HDAD would be sent. That was way back in February and I still don't have it. I keep e-mailing and I get no reply. NOTE: In the last e-mail I mentioned that if he wasn't intending on actually sending me a replacement, then the least he could do, is refund my account.

Outside of a few "e-Bay" sellers, this is easily the worst customer service that I've dealt with, on the web. It so saddens me that a company like "CLASSIC RECORDS" would have such people, taking care of their customer satisfaction issues, as it's evident, that "RAYMOND" doesn't quite get IT!

Chris C

23. GKH

GKH Senior Member

Yeah Chris; that's bad. I see that CD Universe has this release in HDAD. 'Might have to go that route. Thankfully; my "I Robot" HDAD from TheMusic is perfect! no cracks, smudges, or otherwise... I have never read about 'new' CDs arriving the way that some of you mentioned receiving yours. Very strange.

24. Chris C

Chris C Music was my first love and it will be my last!

:wave: Thanks for understanding! I realize that many here will read my posts regarding my faulty HDAD and laugh off my dismay, but it's nice to have a few folks, who probably have been burnt themselves in the past, take a second to write that they appreciate my feelings. The magic word in your post is "NEW". Is my HDAD "new" or was it a re-seal? If you could see this thing, you'd ALL swear that it was a re-seal job and that some fan of The Alan Parsons Project (NOTE: non-audiophile), took out the disc and didn't know what to make of it and while trying to figure it out, scratched and smudged the thing all up. It's just a very sad display, from such an "audiophile" type company. Even as amazing as most CLASSIC releases seem to be, it just puts a bad taste in my mouth when poor customer relations goes this way. It makes me wonder just how long CLASSIC will be around and better yet, how committed they actually are, to themselves and their audiophile releases?

Chris C

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.