AF Gold CD: Billy Idol "Rebel Yell" mastered today, Tues. 7/6/10

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Steve Hoffman, Jul 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Claus

Claus Senior Member

No Bonus on the AF disc :shake:

2. nukevor

nukevor Active Member

I have this version of the CD (the remaster w/bonus tracks.) In their own way, those bonus tracks are really cool, kind of like a mini-unplugged EP of the album. What's really interesting: the session take of "Flesh." Completely different song!

3. Drew

Drew Senior Member

Can't wait. i also want to hear the great guitar break in the middle of "Eye Without a Face"

4. Thanks for the pics and for keeping us in the loop. Not a big Idol fan but that was his best album, or was it his only album? ;)

5. AmishFury

AmishFury New Member

please for the love of all that is holy no bonus tracks

i despise bonus tracks being tacked onto albums (there are some rare exceptions)... if there is enough bonus put it on a separate disc... if not hold it back for a compilation or something

Blandry likes this.
  6. ATSMUSIC

ATSMUSIC Senior Member

I was just thinking about this one yesterday. Nice to hear it is comming along!

7. ATSMUSIC

ATSMUSIC Senior Member

I used to feel that way too but now I kind of like them as long as they are at the end of the disc.

8. ATSMUSIC

ATSMUSIC Senior Member

Oh man Violent Femmes would be a nice one on AF. I wonder how it would sell though?

9. Can't wait to hear the bass on "Daytime Drama." The cd version never matched what I heard on the lp years ago.

10. Are you trying to get me interested in this title. :D

11. If you don't like it, it may still be "caca" in your eyes. I always liked this album, right from the first listen.

12. therockman

therockman Senior Member In Memoriam

This album is a classic, there is no CACA involved. :righton:

13. Hokeyboy

Hokeyboy Nudnik of Dinobots

Yes. The woowoo. Perhaps the most significant psychological feminine component... known to mankind...

14. Echo

Echo Forum Resident

In the case Mr Hoffman is still answering questions in this thread, could he give us more information why it did take so long for endlessly (re)mastering this album? Earlier in this thread he was saying there were no interesting stories to tell.

In that case the question stays why it took such a long time, while in the same time it was allready known, even for a very long time, AF will do this remaster of Billy Idols album...

15. therockman

therockman Senior Member In Memoriam

I'm not Steve, but I am going to guess that he may have been busy with the Nat King Cole project, (and time well spent). :angel:

16. :agree::cheers:

17. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

great to hear, now do "Whiplash Smile".....

18. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host Thread Starter

Do I look like the legal department?:wave: When they tell me an album is ready for mastering, I master it. Problems along the way have obviously been solved. Legal stuff is really boring to talk about and besides, it's nobody's business.

Be happy the hurdles have been cleared. Don't grouse about how long it took, geez, AQUALUNG took seven years.

19. Espen R

Espen R Senior Member

I think I will go for this. It's a classic and give me good vibes. Oh..those were the days..

Karnak likes this.
  20. :yikes:, but it was well worth it.

21. AmishFury

AmishFury New Member

even at the end of the disc (where most bonus tracks are) in fact ESPECIALLY when they are tacked on at the end of the disc when the album has a proper closing track

22. celticbob

celticbob Forum Resident

Great news. Really looking forward to this one.

23. Roninblues

Roninblues 猿も木から落ちる。

24. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host Thread Starter

Mastered this album today. Great fun.

I got my mastering moves ready and compared to the current CD out there. Ouch, the current CD is really thin and bright. It actually ADDED treble to the sound and removed bass. Why, I'll never figure out. Don't know who mastered it but the analog tape sounds nothing like this CD.

Fortunately, our new version will sound very different, more true to the original intention of the producer and engineer. You'll really like it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.