AC/DC 50th Anniversary Vinyl Releases

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by TryioToast, Feb 20, 2024.

1. BlackCountryMon

BlackCountryMon Forum Resident

I’d try that one first and trust your own ears.

These aren’t going to be disappearing anytime soon

VinylRichieUK likes this.
  2. VinylRichieUK

VinylRichieUK Forum Resident

I ended up just buying them all, if any are faulty then I'll return them, I know they will be releasing another batch of albums, but will this include all the albums up to Pwr Up?

3. challenge

challenge Forum Resident

I stumbled through Walmart and saw High Voltage and Who Made Who. I have RL Back in Black and Monarch Highway to Hell.

These were two AC/DC albums I still really wanted.

If you are looking for clean copies I would jump on these the Gold looks sweet and I have a lot of gold colored albums and never have issues with them. So they chose a good color.

All I have to say listening to Bon Scott on It's a Long to the Top he was definitely the Boss in the whole thing. I much prefer to Brian Johnson

4. Madness

Madness "Hate is much too great a burden to bear."

No way I'm spending good money on a mix I already have, just because it's gold.

5. VinylRichieUK

I only owned them on CD so I had to have the wax.

6. The Doga

The Doga SHMF’s Number 1 AC/DC Fan

Hiding from the rent man… Oh it make me wanna cry!

Another reality some of us live in.

7. VinylRichieUK

I know it won't happen, but it would be nice if the record company released one of the last batch of LPs in a box that will store all the other LPs. They could call it 50 Years Of AC/DC (The Gold Vinyl Collection).

Iron Maiden released 3 of their albums in a box and you had to buy the rest to fill the box, I know they also did the same thing with the later albums. Luckily I have an AC/DC - Back In Black Vinyl storage box, so I'll put them in that for the time being.

8. VinylRichieUK

I listened to For Those About To Rock, Who Made Who and Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap last night and they sound really good.

Has there been any official confirmation that the rest of the albums will be released on gold Vinyl other than the 9 already released?

Boomy likes this.
  9. The Doga

Not that I’m aware of. Perhaps the email will come through from their official site confirming it…

viper66 likes this.
  10. VinylRichieUK

Any idea when the next batch will be released?

11. Tim 2

Tim 2 MORE MUSIC PLEASE

No idea, I don't believe they have a scheduled release date yet. :shrug:

VinylRichieUK likes this.
  12. VinylRichieUK

I just played Back In Black which was fine, playing Highway To Hell now and whilst there is no surface noise, there is sibilance.

13. VinylRichieUK

What are the best Vinyl versions to get of these that aren't expensive?

Back In Black
    For Those About To Rock
    Flick Of The Switch
    Fly On The Wall
    Blow Up Your Video

14. VinylRichieUK

These are the 2003 remasters so if you have them already there's no need to buy them again, unless you like the colour.

I don't have any other pressings, so I can't give an opinion on how these sound compared with other pressings, they sound ok to me but some are bass shy.

15. VinylRichieUK

Got myself an original UK pressing of Powerage today in near mint condition, well happy!

16. BlackCountryMon

BlackCountryMon Forum Resident

Better mix and track listing!

17. viper66

viper66 Forum Resident

Agreed, My 2003 vinyl copy of Highway To Hell sounds very Snap, Crackle, & Pop!

18. viper66

viper66 Forum Resident

I just picked up a vinyl copy of High voltage from Walmart today. No info on wether it is analog or all Digital, But it sounds pretty damned good to me.

Plus, It's pretty much silent between tracks..And no Rice krispy effect.

They had pretty much all of the early titles ceptin let There be Rock, And i was tempted to pick up a copy of For Those About To Rock.

Anyone have a copy of For those About To Rock? Is it all digital? Sound quality? Thanks!

19. VinylRichieUK

I have all the Gold Vinyl reissues and have no idea if they are digital or not but I like them, For Those About To Rock is great.

20. JBozzioHam

JBozzioHam Forum Resident

Do the WaldoMart releases have a download card too?

21. Groovy

Groovy Forum Resident

I just opened a Walmart 'Who Made Who', no download card.

JBozzioHam likes this.
  22. The Doga

What’s the point of that, huh? Why wouldn’t you want a “download card”, when you have a physical copy in your hands? I may sound old fashioned for a 30 year old, but it’s physical product that matters most! Today’s generations never experienced the long journey of going out to a store, forking out REAL MONEY to pay for the album, & chatting to a proper store owner whilst doing so? And the anticipation of bringing it home & waiting to hear it was the best part! Really… technology has ruined everything. :(

23. VinylRichieUK

None of them have download cards and weren't meant to have them.

The Doga likes this.
  24. Rocketdog

Rocketdog Senior Member

It means that other than the AC/DC webstore, Walmart is the only retailer you can purchase the 50th Anniversary Gold colored vinyl pressings from - particularly at a brick and mortar store location. You can’t just walk into any other record store and expect to find them. That is, of course, for the North American market. Not sure about elsewhere in the world.

This is most likely because the band, and/or Sony, already had exclusivity deals with Walmart in the past. When Black Ice came out, Walmart was initially (for the first year or so) the only US retailer you could buy the album at. They were also the only place you could get the Red colored vinyl pressing of their last album, Power Up.

viper66 likes this.
  25. Rocketdog

Rocketdog Senior Member

I think a big problem with that lies within the band. I seem to recall reading an interview with Angus somewhere back when they did the 2003 remasters that he was happy with how they came out, and thought the prior releases “lacked balls” sound wise. If he’s content with that, he may not see a reason to spend money again having the catalog remastered.

There might also be an issue with who holds the rights to the original Australian pressings. Is it Albert, or Sony? Could be that Albert holds the rights to the early masters, and/or for that part of the world. Get them would also cost more money to re-distribute elsewhere, and could also be a factor with the UK master of Powerage.

Deuce66 likes this.