a-ha's 'Hunting High and Low,' 'Scoundrel Days' 2CD reissues

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Slicing Eyeballs, May 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jymy

jymy Senior Member

Actually the jewelcase editions are 18,95€ (+shipping)

2. Mike the Fish

Mike the Fish Señor Member

Cool. Any word about 5.1 on the DVD?

3. jymy

jymy Senior Member

Sorry, now I see original poster mentioned price digipack (=indeed 23,95+shipping)

4. maxheadroom

maxheadroom Senior Member

Nothing wrong with my "Stop And Make Your Mind Up".

5. jsayers

jsayers Just Drifting....

The dvd tracklisting:

Take On Me (1985 version)
    The Sun Always Shines On T.V.
    I've Been Losing You
    Manhattan Skyline
    Stay On These Roads
    Crying In The Rain
    Dark Is The Night For All
    Move To Memphis
    Shapes That Go Together
    Angel In The Snow
    Summer Moved On
    Minor Earth Major Sky
    Lifelines
    Did Anyone Approach You?
    Velvet
    Butterfly, Butterfly (The Last Hurrah)
    Take On Me (1984 version) (Bonus Video)

Certainly not definitive, but there are a lot of videos that weren't on the "Headlines & Deadlines" official dvd.

6. Mike the Fish

Mike the Fish Señor Member

Hopefully they'll be better transfers than the Headlines & Deadlines one. It looked quite tapey in places IIRC.

7. Galley

Galley Forum Resident

It figures, my copy of "25" just arrived.

8. englandmademe

englandmademe Forum Resident

Well after waiting for 9 weeks, having been assured by CD-Wow that I would be receiving the digipack I today got...... the jewel case version (Scoundrel Days, that is - HHAL is still out of stock) :realmad:

This is after I had a big argument with them because the price had gone up to £28.99 (!) and they were refusing to ship at that price because I'd pre-ordered at £10.99.

Still a good price but NOT what I want.

I really do despair. They refuse to pick up the phone so you end up in this tedious email ping-pong.

Thank you ferdinandhudson for the link - I will be buying from CDON.COM shortly!

9. PanaPlasma

PanaPlasma Forum Resident

I just ordered the digipack versions from jpc.de

18,99€ each.

(jewelcases 16,99€ each).

10. LarsO

LarsO Forum Resident

These two albums were actually performed live in Oslo yesterday with an orchestra. First concert ever opening with Take On Me I think and a few songs rarely if ever performed before. I think the final song "Soft Rains Of April" got its premiere on stage.. finally!

The same (or similar) show will be performed in Royal Albert Hall in London October 8. Should be a stunning experience!

11. englandmademe

Yes, I'm gonna be there on Friday at the Royal Albert Hall so I really hope we do get Scoundrel Days on top of HHAL!

12. LarsO

LarsO Forum Resident

And you got it. I have seen a few clips and it looked and sounded great. They stripped away their usual light rig and video screen but in the Royal Albert Hall with an orchestra you don't need more than a few lights to make it look great..

13. englandmademe

Yes it was good - I was up in the circle so although it was brilliant with the orchestra, the sound mix didn't sound that good to me. Probably much better on floor level.

I also saw them at Heaven (small nightclub) in London on the Wednesday before and that was a very different more visceral experience. I actually preferred it small, sweaty and up-close. Albeit they only played a 45 minute set consisting of just HHAL and Scoundrel Days tracks. (they started with The Sun Only Shines on TV!)

14. anduandi

anduandi Senior Member

I got both Scoundrel days and Hunting high and low after 10 weeks waiting for the albums to arrive. They sent me the jewel-case versions but that doesn't bother me.

15. englandmademe

10 weeks is a long wait to save a couple of pounds!

I've officially boycotted cdwow and will never buy from them again.

16. anduandi

anduandi Senior Member

When I ordered the cds I didn't expect that it would take 10 weeks...On the other hand I wasn't that much in a hurry anyway. In that case I would have used another provider.

Recently I ordered Seals & Crofts' "Greatest hits" and the item arrived after 10 days as usual when I order from CD WOW.

17. chiagerald

chiagerald Forum Resident

I just got Hunting High and Low and I love the package... the sound is pretty good too... gonna get Scoundrel Days next :)

18. LarsO

LarsO Forum Resident

Have you gotten Scoundrel Days yet? I am in the opposite situation. Bought SD last year and have been waiting to purchase Hunting High And Low. Based on early Spotify listens I concluded that the bonus material for Scoundrel Days is better musically even though the first one might have some essential historical tracks.

I wish the could continue this campaign all the way to Foot Of The Mountain and that they could have a reissue campaign for vinyl in the similar spirit (attention to detail, design, sound etc..)

19. Chris H

Chris H New Member

20. HDManiac

HDManiac Forum Resident

I bought the Scoundrel Days Deluxe recently and I don't like it, it's mastered way too loud! Now I am looking for a mint original vinyl; that will be the real listening experience.

21. stenway

stenway Forum Resident

I'm looking the best sounding pressings of the this two albums on vinyl,
    original UK/Europe (made in germany) is enough? http://www.discogs.com/a-ha-Hunting-High-And-Low/release/322188
    or this DAMONT on deadwax? http://www.discogs.com/a-ha-Hunting-High-And-Low/release/6835436
    or the US is better?
    :shh::confused:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.