a-ha's 'Hunting High and Low,' 'Scoundrel Days' 2CD reissues

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Slicing Eyeballs, May 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chris H

Chris H New Member

The flexidisc just contained an edit of the Steve Thompson extended mix with bits of a-ha talking at the start, thanking the fans for support etc.
    I can't foresee a time when this gets used tbh. I would stand by the maxim contained in the booklet of HHAL: This is the last word.

And yes, the sticker was slightly misleading about Driftwood if you read it in a certain way. Then again, it's not misleading at all. Depends whether you're a half-full or half-empty man ;-)

humanracer likes this.
  2. LarsO

LarsO Forum Resident

Chris,

Are there any plans for Stay On These Roads, East Of The Sun, Memorial Beach etc being released in similar versions or is that completely up to how well these two first albums sell?

3. Mike the Fish

Mike the Fish Señor Member

It does have the cold end rather than the fade though. Worth a listen too, but I can see why it wasn't put on the CD format of the issue. Download...?
    Were there any rejected 12'' mixes in the vaults?

4. Chris H

Chris H New Member

Well everything depends on sales these days. It's too early to know if anything else will be released but I hope the rest of the catalogue gets the same treatment.

5. Chris H

Chris H New Member

I'm not allowed to go into too much detail here...all I can say is, keep a look out for the book when it comes out.:)

6. LarsO

LarsO Forum Resident

Ok. I will do my part buying these albums and live in the hope. The full catalouge deserves this treatment and I believe there will be plenty of material all the way. Thank you for doing this, say hello to the others and sorry to Bill if I was a bit too quick on the gossip trigger.

7. Chris H

Chris H New Member

Don't worry, we're all cool :)

8. ferdinandhudson

ferdinandhudson Forum Resident

The digipaks of HHaL and SD arrived today along with the deluxe edition of "Foot of the Mountain" (which I threw in my order for good measure (German release with that fugly age rating on the cover)). Nearing the end of Disc One of Hunting High and Low it has so far been a very pleasant listening experience.

9. englandmademe

englandmademe Forum Resident

Anyone else having pending orders with cdwow.com?

Annoying but I'm being patient hoping to get the digipaks!

10. anduandi

anduandi Senior Member

Yes. me:shake:

11. ferdinandhudson

Gave me a fit of laughter!

12. ferdinandhudson

I wouldn't count on that seeing they only list one set each and the price. Most likely only listing the jewelcase editions.

13. Mike the Fish

Really enjoyed hearing Presenting Lily Mars in the car today.

14. Galley

Galley Forum Resident

Is anyone else missing a page or two in the "Scoundrel Days" booklet?

15. LarsO

LarsO Forum Resident

No, but you should complain to Rhino and demand a refund if that is the case. Booklets are an important part of the deal here. Are there fewer pages than what you expected or is the descriptions/notes cut dead short?

16. Galley

Galley Forum Resident

The notes begin like this "earlier and was released in Britain at the end of October 1985". Also, there are no production credits for disc 2.

17. ferdinandhudson

Yes, you're missing pages 3/4 and 17/18 out of the booklet. Contact Rhino to get a replacement if that is where you got it.

18. Galley

Galley Forum Resident

Yes, I did. Thanks for the info on the page numbers. :)

19. nf0603

nf0603 New Member

any chance of a Stay On These Roads remaster?

20. Mike the Fish

21. LarsO

LarsO Forum Resident

This is from the West Of The Moon fan forum and I quote chrismac87:

Here's how;

I was given this email by the Rhino information line so I know it's safe to pass along - drop them a message with your contact information and express your interest for future deluxe editions for a-ha albums.

Rhino seems to be a company the genuinely values their customer feedback and opinions and with HUNTING HIGH AND LOW and SCOUNDREL DAYS breaking into the charts here in the U.S. - the idea of releasing more albums in such a nature shouldn't be that far fetched.

So tell your friends, drop Rhino an email with the simple - but politely put - statement, we want more a-ha!

[email protected]

Anyone here at the Hoffman forum interested in a continuation of these deluxe versions should do the same.

22. englandmademe

englandmademe Forum Resident

For those like me waiting for CD-Wow to deliver, they have just confirmed that they are the digi-pack editions and stock is expected to arrive next week. :)

23. PanaPlasma

PanaPlasma Forum Resident

At cd-wow you have to be very very very patient.

Hope you'll get the "good" version and not the original cd.

They have a reputation to mess things up. Order a blu-ray, you get the dvd. Order the sacd, and you get an Argentinian issue of the redbook cd :shake:

24. jsayers

jsayers Just Drifting....

Actually the packaging/booklet isn't any different for the digi-pac vs the jewel case. I think I'd rather have the jewel case, myself.

25. red corner

red corner Forum Resident

A friend of mine bought "Hunting High And Low" and she told me that there is a speed issue with one of the extra tracks on CD2 ("Stop And Make Your Mind Up"). The track begins at the wrong speed (it's a bit slow) and soon after, all in a sudden, the issue is corrected but for a few seconds everything sounds out of tune.

Can anyone confirm this? I haven't got the 2-CD set at home.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.